News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiki

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 17, 2009, 11:48:52 AM
@ wiki exactly what is the error?

Also as stated a few posts ago....

If you are using a custom theme you will to edit the following files in your custom theme using a Package Parser [nofollow]
Themes/yourtheme/BoardIndex.template.php
Themes/yourtheme/index.template.php
Themes/yourtheme/style.css

Sorry I am newbie and i am worry to edit theme but i will try to do it and when i search at theme modification i can't find boardindex.template.php

pls if you can upload the modified files i will be approciated.

btw i don't installed any shoutbox is it required?

Thank you

mrtrc266

@ wiki

Please attach yourforum/Themes/BlackRainV220rc1/index.template.php and yourforum/Themes/BlackRainV220rc1/style.css files please.

deZio

Quote from: Lotti on March 16, 2009, 07:42:14 PM
Quote from: deZio on March 16, 2009, 03:47:32 PM
Quote from: fotografo74 on March 10, 2009, 01:49:39 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 10, 2009, 11:45:16 AM
Not sure if I understood the problem 100% but...

The permission settings should be in Admin/Members/Permissions/ select the group you want to have permissions and check "Access to chat" in the General Category.

Anyone who has Admin or Moderator rights on your forum should automatically have Moderator rights in the Chat.

If you're saying that you don't have the "Access to chat" checkbox in your permission settings then, hmmmm, are you using a custom theme?
Thanks for your support and sorry for my poor english :-(
I have selected right permission, sure, and regular members, admin and moderators have access to chat, it's ok.
But regular members can delete post of other regular members...it's ok this ?
I.e: i'm regular member and i access to chat...i write message...you are regular member and you can delete my message!!!

Thanks!
Antonio
Any solution for this? I have same problem on my forum(2.0 RC1)
Same here, on 1.1.8
I find out a solution!  :D
Open CustomAJAXChat.php and make this changes:
Find:
if($context['user']['is_admin'])
$userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_ADMIN;
// $context['user']['is_mod'] is always false if no board is loaded.
// As a workaround we check the permission 'calendar_post'.
// This is only set to true for global moderators by default:
elseif(in_array('calendar_post', $user_info['permissions']))
$userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_MODERATOR;
else
$userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_USER;

Replace with:
if($context['user']['is_admin'])
else

mrtrc266

Glad you got it sorted! Does that affect your Forum Moderators in the chat room at all?

mrtrc266

Quote from: bluegray on March 17, 2009, 08:43:31 AM
I installed the latest version. Chat is working fine on the seperate chat page. The shoutbox is enabled and is showing up on the main page, but it does not show chats or add them if entered. It just stays blank.
What can be going wrong?

Have you gone through all the settings?

For SMF 1.1.X Admin/Configuration/Features and Options/

For SMF 2 RC1  Admin/Configuration/Modifications/Chat/

Enable the ShoutBox?   
Check for ShoutBox on any page or uncheck for only in index page:   
Integrate shout box and chat room?   
Chat in popup page?   
Enable online chat users numbering on chat button?   
Show online users below total logged in time section? 

Also be sure to CHECK PERMISSIONS!  ;)

wiki

Here is the both files and thank you so much

Also logout button go to row 2 under menu so why is that i have free place at menu at first row?

deZio

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 17, 2009, 01:59:08 PM
Glad you got it sorted! Does that affect your Forum Moderators in the chat room at all?
No, everything is fine. All users exept admins are now normal users and they cant delete messages. Solution to enable forum mods to moderate chat is to recognise them with ids. Something like this: if($context['user']['is_admin'])
elseif($context['user']['id'] == 154 || $context['user']['id'] == 250)
$userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_MODERATOR;
else

mrtrc266

Quote from: deZio on March 17, 2009, 02:23:35 PM
No, everything is fine. All users exept admins are now normal users and they cant delete messages. Solution to enable forum mods to moderate chat is to recognise them with ids. Something like this

Cool, thank you for the info. It's weird that you even had that problem though, I haven't run into that on 1.1.8 or RC1 ???

Cya all in about 10 hrs off to work :(

wiki

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 17, 2009, 02:24:43 PM
Here you go wiki.

I upload the files and now i can see the shoutbox only at my home page but the chat is not integrated and i got this (error: connection status:500) here the photo of my home page beside can we make the logout button at same menu row?

Thx a lot

deZio

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 17, 2009, 02:27:55 PM
No, everything is fine. All users exept admins are now normal users and they cant delete messages. Solution to enable forum mods to moderate chat is to recognise them with ids. Something like this

Cool, thank you for the info. It's weird that you even had that problem though, I haven't run into that on 1.1.8 or RC1 ???

Problem starts when you allow all members to change and create events in calendar. I have allow that permissions and because of that chat recognise all members as moderators.

Lotti

Quote from: deZio on March 17, 2009, 03:32:17 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 17, 2009, 02:27:55 PM

Problem starts when you allow all members to change and create events in calendar. I have allow that permissions and because of that chat recognise all members as moderators.
it's possible, i have the same policy on my forum.

MistWDS

@ wiki
I too have a similar error at forum (error: connection status: 500), however on my local server, at the same configuration, all work.
About "menu in line":
I not assured, but the problem can be solved having changed in file: "style.css"

find:
#tabs6 a span {
float : left;
display : block;
background : url(images/tabright6.gif) no-repeat right top;
padding : 5px 15px 4px 6px;
color : #fff;
}

and change on the such:
#tabs6 a span {
float : left;
display : block;
background : url(images/tabright6.gif) no-repeat right top;
padding : 5px 11px 4px 5px;
color : #fff;
}
or try set another value of "padding : 5px 5px 4px 5px;"

arrowboy55

Hi, I installed this on my 2.0 RC1 board http:forum.victorylaneforum.com and it works perfect on a separate page but when I enable the shoutbox box in Admin>Config>Mod>Chat I see the shoutbox but it has a short line for the shout entry and the bold, italic tags and that is it.  There is no "shout" button or smilies or anyway to enter the shout.

I am kinda confused as I have tried virtually every combo of permissions...unless I am missing any.  Like I said it works perfect in the pop up mode (which incidentally is the opposite of what I want...lol)

I am using the default Core theme and the install of this Mod went perfect.

mrtrc266

Quote from: wiki on March 17, 2009, 02:46:42 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 17, 2009, 02:24:43 PM
Here you go wiki.

I upload the files and now i can see the shoutbox only at my home page but the chat is not integrated and i got this (error: connection status:500) here the photo of my home page beside can we make the logout button at same menu row?
Thx a lot

Sorry for the delay, I had to run off to work. I just uploaded the same files that I gave you and it seems to work fine, check it out here....It must be something else.
http://monsters-mansion.com/testrc1/index.php

username: test
password: testuser

mrtrc266

@ arrowboy55  there is not a submit button, you just hit the enter key and your shout is sent

mrtrc266

@ deZio thanks nice catch on the "allowing user to post calendar events."

I'm sure Hunter will fix that.

Rex Zac

i have same problem like wiki, my installation went perfect but i get (12:03:32) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 500,

and here is my log error:

[Wed Mar 18 12:03:37 2009] [error] [client 78.3.20.77] SoftException in Application.cpp:252: File "/home/island/public_html/damon1/f/chat/index.php" is writeable by group, referer: http://www.damon.in/f/index.php

.HuNTeR.

in next version there will be "moderate chat" permission

Rex Zac

ok, i figure it out that this "http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1319" isnt same as  this chat in this topic.
actualy chat it is, but not same thing, since that integrated isnt working, and this is working, but only direct url. how can i integrate it now?

edit: after installing this mod from this post, install ajaxchat integration... dunno if this is proper way or not since i couldnt find anywhere is written, but for me, now it works

Quote from: Rex Zac on March 18, 2009, 07:09:04 AM
i have same problem like wiki, my installation went perfect but i get (12:03:32) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 500,

and here is my log error:

[Wed Mar 18 12:03:37 2009] [error] [client 78.3.20.77] SoftException in Application.cpp:252: File "/home/island/public_html/damon1/f/chat/index.php" is writeable by group, referer: http://www.damon.in/f/index.php

Advertisement: