News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EclecticHoobajoo

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 01, 2009, 10:57:27 AM

The Install is usually as easy as uploading it via your package manager and clicking install. The install instructions that you see in the readme file is the readme file that comes with AJAX Chat if you want to install it stand alone, but then it has to be intergrated which is what this Mod does....and it does it well for thousands of people.

Undo everything you did and upload the package, if you can't upload it via the package manager for some reason upload it to your packages directory via FTP. Then hit "Install" and then hit "Apply Mod"

It should be that easy.

Same as Nemesis_D.  I try the package manager and it doesn't work.  I've uploaded it via FTP.  There's no "Install" option in the package manager for it, just "Apply Mod", which does nothing. 

And if there's extra, unexpected, crap that goes along with it like bigloutx says, then I'm done trying.  I've seen others posting about ads being on there too. 

I really appreciate your fast responses, mrtrc, and all your support help, but this just isn't working for me.   I know it should be easy, but the more I look into this topic, the more it looks like I'll have nothing buy problems every step of the way, like a lot of other people here.   Seems like every other post is "It works, BUT now I have this problem..."   :(

mrtrc266

QuoteAnd if there's extra, unexpected, crap that goes along with it like bigloutx says

All that crap he was talking about he was NOT referring to this Mod. It looked like he was on a rant about mods in general. No Mod can blow up your forum if you back up like you're supposed to and it doesn't even put copy right links at the bottom of your forum. Unforunately that was bigloux first post ever on this thread, he never once even asked for help.

QuoteI've seen others posting about ads being on there too

LOL...I've never seen any posts about ads being in this Mod, I can assure you there are no ads.

Quotethe more it looks like I'll have nothing buy problems every step of the way, like a lot of other people here.   Seems like every other post is "It works, BUT now I have this problem..."

This has 11649 downloads and on these 56 pages there are only about 50 people who have had a real problem and about 98% fixed, all the other posts are mostly doing the edits to get it working on custom themes and figuring out some custom tweaks here and there.

I do understand your frustration though, if this just isn't working for you then there are a lot of other Chat Rooms out there.  GL in whatever you decide.

mrtrc266

@ getandshare 

try this one, I just took out the code that shows the number of users on chat under your user info. Don't enable it in the admin section so you don't get any errors.

mrtrc266

Quote from: dextrous on April 01, 2009, 01:09:34 PM
Quote from: dextrous on March 31, 2009, 03:46:41 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 31, 2009, 01:37:30 PM
@dextrous
You installed this via the package manager?
Yes, found it under SMF mods! I did something wrong, I'm guessing :P
any help? i can't find a useful readme in the package...and cannot possibly read through 56 pages to get the answer!

Looks like your site is bridged with another CMS this might take some digging around. I'm pretty sure you'll have to edit your .htaccess file. If you look a few posts back I think jive got it going

getandshare

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 01, 2009, 02:35:03 PM
@ getandshare 

try this one, I just took out the code that shows the number of users on chat under your user info. Don't enable it in the admin section so you don't get any errors.

Not working dude...

Graphics got distorted and shoutbox's size is reduced to one row...

mrtrc266

enable your shoutbox for guests for a minute

duder673

Is there an option for users to mute the shoutbox if they want to ?

heinandar

Quote from: duder673 on April 01, 2009, 04:34:02 PM
just collapse it.
!Cool!

mrtrc266

Quote from: heinandar on April 01, 2009, 04:51:28 PM
Quote from: duder673 on April 01, 2009, 04:34:02 PM
just collapse it.
!Cool!

LOL that's one way ;)

[unplugged]

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 01, 2009, 02:32:09 PM
This has 11649 downloads and on these 56 pages there are only about 50 people who have had a real problem and about 98% fixed, all the other posts are mostly doing the edits to get it working on custom themes and figuring out some custom tweaks here and there.

I am having issues and been requesting help with them for a while....with no solution yet.

But, I also know that any major mod (not just some cheesy mod that changes green text to blue or some crap like that) cannot possibly take into consideration every possible configuration from host to server settings to PHP to MySQL to internet connection to personal computer to users themselves. Ask questions. You'll get answers. Sometimes a dash of patience is required too. Oh yeah....and make backups before installing mods...just in case.....(you did make backups, right?)

</myrant>

Oh...btw.... any progress with a solution for my problem?  :P
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

mrtrc266

Sunking do you have Pretty URL installed? Even if you don't follow Jives posts and try this..
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg1998536#msg1998536

[unplugged]

I do not have Pretty URLs installed. I am trying to install this mod on a clean install test site, but I will certainly give that a try and post the results back here. Thank you for your time.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

JBlaze

Hey yall,

I just upgraded to 3.0 and now, when I try to access chat, I get a 500 Internal Server Error.

I manually added all code and even did a fresh install on a vanilla version of 1.1.8 and still get the same error.

Any ideas?

I'll attach any files needed.

Thanks
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Nemesis_D

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 01, 2009, 11:26:17 AM
Quote from: Nemesis_D on March 31, 2009, 10:52:23 PM
i have tried over and over to install this mod via the package manager but it just doesn't work
after i clicked it to install all it does is refresh the page

this is using smf 1.1.8 and the mod is the 3.0

i would really like to use this mod so is there any thing i can do?

Try uploading it to your packages directory via FTP

still doesn't work same problem

mrtrc266

Quote from: JBlaze™ on April 01, 2009, 09:21:02 PM
Hey yall,

I just upgraded to 3.0 and now, when I try to access chat, I get a 500 Internal Server Error.

I manually added all code and even did a fresh install on a vanilla version of 1.1.8 and still get the same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Check this out, it seems to be a common issue...
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg1981766#msg1981766

JBlaze

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 01, 2009, 09:23:59 PM
Quote from: JBlaze™ on April 01, 2009, 09:21:02 PM
Hey yall,

Any ideas?

Thanks

Check this out, it seems to be a common issue...
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg1981766#msg1981766

Thank you. I didn't even think of that HAHA

Appreciate the help, worked on both versions of my site. :P
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

mrtrc266

@ Nemesis_D what the URL to your site?

[unplugged]

No luck. Same exact results as before. It never saves anything to the database. Here's a screenshot of what I see to maybe (re)shed some light on the issue.

Nice and nothing.  ;D

mrtrc266

And you set all your file permissions and tried Jives solution regarding the .htaccess file?

EDIT: Also how about any errors from your host/server?

Advertisement: