AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtrc266

Quote from: anshar on April 24, 2009, 11:58:17 AM
My logs are being spamed with:

8: Undefined index: chat
Plik: /Sources/Subs.php
Linie: 3849 

Any fix to that?

Are you using the default theme?

Killer-B

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 24, 2009, 09:41:50 PM
@ Killer-B I as well as many other people would love to get a shoutbox block for this for SP and TP. I will post a few places to see if we could get one made.

If you need this by a certain date for an event or something you could enable on all pages and it will sit right above the videos on your page. I actually prefer it on all pages and if a user doesn't want it on all then they can just collapse it.

Hopefully in time we will have the block code.

Thanks for the reply MM - I didn't see it till just now...

I actually did do that - in the default theme - and it worked in the forum, but I don't think it showed on the main page (may be wrong but will try again when less people are online...)

If we can't get it done by Sunday - then we have 2 weeks till the next race... so - I guess we'll get by :)

Just FYI - a friend of mine set his up this way.... with Justin.tv and "some" kinda chat.... He just changed from uStream, so haven't had a chance to discuss it... I don't want to type the full URL here - but Google or visit "Hak House" (one word, no "c" in hak) and look at their setup... He has 2 screens going - and I only need one ... but would be nice. Or even uStream - but the pix are too small -

Cheers for the help!

KB
SMF 2.0RC1

mrtrc266

QuoteI actually did do that - in the default theme - and it worked in the forum, but I don't think it showed on the main page (may be wrong but will try again when less people are online...)

If you have the shoutbox working on you custom theme then it should show in the portal page as well. I have it running on 1.1.8 and RC1 with Simple Portal 2.2 and it does work.

Very nice site you have BTW

Killer-B

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 25, 2009, 12:45:31 AM
QuoteI actually did do that - in the default theme - and it worked in the forum, but I don't think it showed on the main page (may be wrong but will try again when less people are on-line...)

If you have the shoutbox working on you custom theme then it should show in the portal page as well. I have it running on 1.1.8 and RC1 with Simple Portal 2.2 and it does work.

Very nice site you have BTW

thanks... It's a work in progress... but we're moving along... slowly -

FWIW I did not get it to work with the custom theme.. just the default.... hence the $$ request... so sorry if I wasn't clear.

Thanks,

KB
SMF 2.0RC1

mrtrc266

@ Killer

Attatch yourforum/Themes/ds-natural_20rc1/index.template.php and style.css files please

foempspeedy

I got it all working..thanks

Just one question, i got so many channels in chat because he makes each board one..Cant i remove them all and some channels unaccesable for members

mforum

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 24, 2009, 09:26:00 PM
Quote from: mforum on April 24, 2009, 10:51:33 AM
pop up works in default theme
i have made all necessary edits in prof them i use and don`t work in any browser, just opens in same window.
Also, the error i posted previously began just after i installed  ajaxchat integration 3

Attatch your index.template.php file plz

here you are  :)

mrtrc266

Quote from: foempspeedy on April 25, 2009, 02:11:46 AM
I got it all working..thanks

Just one question, i got so many channels in chat because he makes each board one..Cant i remove them all and some channels unaccesable for members

Glad you got it sorted :)

How to set and or make your channels and make private channels is outlined HERE

mrtrc266

Quote from: mforum on April 25, 2009, 04:37:44 AM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 24, 2009, 09:26:00 PM
Quote from: mforum on April 24, 2009, 10:51:33 AM
pop up works in default theme
i have made all necessary edits in prof them i use and don`t work in any browser, just opens in same window.
Also, the error i posted previously began just after i installed  ajaxchat integration 3

Attatch your index.template.php file plz

here you are  :)

Here you go I think the problem was the script for the popup was outside of the </body>

Killer-B

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 25, 2009, 01:21:58 AM
@ Killer

Attach yourforum/Themes/ds-natural_20rc1/index.template.php and style.css files please

Hey TRC, I did turn on the default template last night and found something really interesting - the shoutbox showed up at the top of the forum no problem - but the portal page remained the same (custom theme) - I think with the latest version of SP - it is now "stand alone" so I need to look at those toggles again... but point is, it did not change colours (to the default blue) it remained the same custom theme!?  ???

Either way, here are the 2 files you asked about .. I did notice there are 2 "back up" versions with "~" in front of them... will assume that is part of the install process...

Anyway - I really appreciate the help mate..

Cheers,

KB
SMF 2.0RC1

Killer-B

PS:

Just looked at your ARCADE page on MM - that's Awesome!! And you're running it on 2.0RC1?!? - May give it a try!!
SMF 2.0RC1

dzinerfusion

ok nvm got it to work on  a fesh install of the cutsom theme! :)

mrtrc266

Glad you got it sorted bluesinjid :)

@ Killer try this, your style.css looks good so just upload the index.template.

In the Admin/Modifications/Chat be sure to enable on all pages if you want it on your portal.

Yes the ~ is a backup made by SMF whenever you install a Mod via the package manager that edits that file.

Thanks....Yeah the Arcade on my live site is running on SMF 2 RC1 and the Arcade itself is E-Arcade Beta3 for SMF2

You should also check out Sleepy Arcade for some great SMF Mods and Arcade Hacks and awesome SMF Support

Killer-B

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 25, 2009, 10:46:59 AM
Glad you got it sorted bluesinjid :)

@ Killer try this, your style.css looks good so just upload the index.template.

In the Admin/Modifications/Chat be sure to enable on all pages if you want it on your portal.

Yes the ~ is a backup made by SMF whenever you install a Mod via the package manager that edits that file.

Thanks....Yeah the Arcade on my live site is running on SMF 2 RC1 and the Arcade is E-Arcade Beta3 for SMF2

You should also check out Sleepy Arcade for some great SMF Mods and Arcade Hacks and awesome SMF Support

Wow - great!! thanks - will give it a try!! Thanks for the Sleepy link too... will check it out!

Have a great weekend -

Cheers,

KB

PS: If this works, send me the bill aye? :)
SMF 2.0RC1

dzinerfusion

lol i got some problems modding it :P

// The userName used for ChatBot messages
$config['chatBotName'] = 'ChatBot';

Any idea where this can be found soi i can edit it?

mrtrc266

Quote from: bluesinjid on April 25, 2009, 10:54:35 AM
lol i got some problems modding it :P

Any idea where this can be found soi i can edit it?

That edit as well as a  lot of the customizing can be found HERE

dzinerfusion

Change the name of your Chatbot
Find and change Chatbot to whatever you'd like.
Code: [Select]

Yes this is what it says in the FAQ but it doesnt say the file directory to edit it...

mrtrc266

@ Killer, that was a freebie :P

That should work for you, you can ceck it out here on my Test Site that's using your index.template.

If for whatever reason it doesn't work I will check it out when I get back from work.

Have a good one.

mrtrc266

[quote]Add a Welcome Message when you users enter the Chat
Open.....yourforum/chat/js/custom.js

Find
// Overriding client side functionality: Add After (of course change Welcome to the Monsters Chat Room! to whatever you like.)

ajaxChat.customInitialize = function() {
   ajaxChat.addChatBotMessageToChatList('Welcome to the Monsters Chat Room!');
}
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change the name of your Chatbot
Find and change Chatbot to whatever you'd like.

$config['chatBotName'] = 'ChatBot';[/quote]

Notice the big bold red letters :P

EDIT: disregard the big bold red letters LOL

Find /chat/lib/config.php

dzinerfusion

where do you exactly add this code?  ::)

Advertisement: