News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrzysztofKamil

I've this "bug"
QuoteNotice: Undefined index: mgallery_gallery in /home/bonsai1/ftp/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3822

Notice: Undefined index: downloads_menu in /home/bonsai1/ftp/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3852

Notice: Undefined index: bookmarks in /home/bonsai1/ftp/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3866

Anyone knows what to do?

OntarioAquariaClub

Chat and shoutbox open fine, but you cannot see users who are in it with you while in chat, nor can you see what anyone is typing. Has anyone else had this problem?

My site is: http://oac.comoj.com [nofollow]

Username: Guest

Password: Leave blank

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Does the s,f prefix need to be "smf_", mine is just "smf"

if so, how would I go by changing all the tables names with the "smf_" instead of "smf".
I would imagine just changing the forum prefix to "smf_" would cause tables not to be found byt the forum

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

mrtrc266

@ Praatwurst make sure you did all the edits correctly for your custom theme.

@ OntarioAquariaClub yes that has happened to a cpl people....possibly server related..not sure of a fix yet.

@ johncccccc have no idea, I believe you have some sort of prefix like whatever_ or else I don't think  your forum would be running. No it doesn't have to be smf_.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 01, 2009, 10:09:09 AM

@ johncccccc have no idea, I believe you have some sort of prefix like whatever_ or else I don't think  your forum would be running. No it doesn't have to be smf_.

I guess the investigation continues then

SMF 2.0 RC5

primetime

I am very new to SMF. I am a recent PHPBB3 convert. ;)
I just installed this MOD using the package installer. I do not see where the chat is located. AM I missing something?

fastbyte

After a year i have decided to make a little bit of upgrade to our community site. So i have now an v2 RC1. As we have looking for chat mod i have seen the AAjaxChat Integration. But the problem is that after installation it doesnt create any new folder (chat or shoutbox). I have checked permissions on files and folders, i have checked to whole installation but now i think its broken as package for v2 RC1.
Have someone installed it on v2 RC1 as package?

Hiver101

Hello!

Thanks for a great mod,

What i want to modify is the format of the posted shout text, and i want it horizontally listed and not vertically. let me know if this can be done....

mrtrc266

Quote from: primetime on May 02, 2009, 01:26:09 AM
I just installed this MOD using the package installer. I do not see where the chat is located. AM I missing something?

Do you have  a custom theme? If so please read THIS and try to do the manual edits for you theme.

To see if it's installed properly point your browser to www.yoursite.com/chat/index.php

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Like you said - no it doesn't have to be smf_.
It doesn't actually have to have _ in there either.
Actually, there is no forcing need to have a prefix at all.

The prefix is there for multiple reasons though, one being that in a database where you have data for multiple different scripts, or multiple SMF installs, the prefix allows to separate them from eachother and so protecting the data of one install from the other ;)

The prefix can be changed if you want to -  I believe you can rename all your tables to use any prefix you want,
and then in your settings (with repair_settings.php)change the prefix to what you are using after the change.

I do not  suggest removing the prefix completely though ;)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

mrtrc266

Quote from: fastbyte on May 02, 2009, 02:33:59 AM
After a year i have decided to make a little bit of upgrade to our community site. So i have now an v2 RC1. As we have looking for chat mod i have seen the AAjaxChat Integration. But the problem is that after installation it doesnt create any new folder (chat or shoutbox). I have checked permissions on files and folders, i have checked to whole installation but now i think its broken as package for v2 RC1.
Have someone installed it on v2 RC1 as package?

Many people have it installed on RC1, are you saying that it installed through the Package Manager but then doesn't show the chat or shoutbox folders?

fastbyte

So, Package manager recognize the package, does the install, and for packet manager it looks ok from the install side of view. After install the button is visible but it give 404 (chat folder non existent) and in configuration is present. But as i say there are folders missing i think not even unpacked.

mrtrc266

@ fastbyte

Hmmm, that's odd. Try uninstalling and reinstalling and see what happens.

fastbyte

Already tried couple of times but no effects also i have rechecked the permission but no way....
Very strange..

mrtrc266

Quote from: fastbyte on May 02, 2009, 10:49:04 AM
Already tried couple of times but no effects also i have rechecked the permission but no way....
Very strange..

Look in your database to see if the AJAX_CHAT_ tables are there..should be 8 of the I think. If they are try to upload the chat and shoutbox folders to your root directory manually via FTP.

Off to work for now...will check back later.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: LexArma on May 02, 2009, 10:06:29 AM
Like you said - no it doesn't have to be smf_.
It doesn't actually have to have _ in there either.
Actually, there is no forcing need to have a prefix at all.

The prefix is there for multiple reasons though, one being that in a database where you have data for multiple different scripts, or multiple SMF installs, the prefix allows to separate them from eachother and so protecting the data of one install from the other ;)

The prefix can be changed if you want to -  I believe you can rename all your tables to use any prefix you want,
and then in your settings (with repair_settings.php)change the prefix to what you are using after the change.

I do not  suggest removing the prefix completely though ;)

my prefix is "smf" with no "_", but the point here is maybe the chat application is programmed to assume the prefix is "smf_" as apposed to checking what the prefix actually is.

I would rather not rename all my 120+ tables if it wont change anything, if you/anybody think this will help i will give it a shot, but a quicker rename process would be nice though  :D

SMF 2.0 RC5

primetime

I have tried to install this MOD on my board via the package installer. It says that it was successfully installed. But I do not see it on my board at all. I see a ton of errors in the error log. Does this MOD not install properly via the package installer?

Thank you,
Prime

primetime

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 02, 2009, 10:06:27 AM
Quote from: primetime on May 02, 2009, 01:26:09 AM

Do you have  a custom theme? If so please read THIS and try to do the manual edits for you theme.

To see if it's installed properly point your browser to www.yoursite.com/chat/index.php

It is not installed on a custom theme. It is installed to the default them. I only have the themes installed that came with SMF. This is a fresh install except upfgrading to 1.1.8.

I browsed like you suggested and got this error..

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

primetime

I had a friend come by and we upgraded to 2.0 RC1 and the chat installed with no problems!!! I love this MOD.

mrtrc266

Quote from: primetime on May 02, 2009, 11:10:15 PM
I had a friend come by and we upgraded to 2.0 RC1 and the chat installed with no problems!!! I love this MOD.

LOL...Glad you got it sorted  ;D

Advertisement: