News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DilSe

i need help

"AjaxChat Integration_3.0..zip" i use this mod with smf 1.1.8 i update with smf 1.1.9 but this mod .not workin now with any them...plz help

njdevils28

Anyone know if this mod works for 2.0 RC1-1?

primetime

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 21, 2009, 02:12:00 PM
Quote from: primetime on May 21, 2009, 01:03:46 PM
Quote from: primetime on May 18, 2009, 12:56:24 PM
Does this MOD have the capability to archive chats?

I guess the answer is a resounding no ? :) Maybe? not yet?  :)

Sorry, missed this one. It does archive chat logs. To view them simply goto http://yoursite.com/chat/?view=logs

SK, still havin probs with the notification edit, will post in more detail when I get home.

Beautiful...
Works perfectly!!!
Thanks a million,
Prime

Caelum

Yes, it works with 2.0 RC1-1.

njdevils28

njdevils28

Quote from: Caelum on May 22, 2009, 10:23:50 AM
Yes, it works with 2.0 RC1-1.

I'm getting this error when Itry to install the mod.....

"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. "

I'm using V03.00 on SMF V2.0 RC1-1

mrtrc266

@ njdevils28, 

Here you go,

Unzip AjaxChat Intergration 3.0..zip, open the package-info.xml

Find
<install for="2.0 RC1">
Replace with
<install for="2.0 - 2.99.99">

Rezip it and try to install.

clashbot

still not getting the chat to parse the user list. Chat pops up like it is supposed to but the online list is empty. Do I need to manually kill the tables, uninstall and reinstall?

Update: I've followed the tips as well, as I did have pretty urls installed. I've removed pretty urls, reloaded this mod (after modifying it to recognize 1.1.9)

Just not getting anything in the users online in the chat pop-up, and of course, the chat is non-functional.

njdevils28

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 22, 2009, 11:10:46 AM
@ njdevils28,  I think i remember someone haveing the same prob and they removed one of the . (periods) in the zip name. Not 100% but I believe that worked.

AjaxChat Integration_3.0..zip  change to AjaxChat Integration_3.0.zip

Here you go,

Unzip AjaxChat Intergration 3.0..zip, open the package-info.xml

Find
<install for="2.0 RC1">
Replace with
<install for="2.0 - 2.99.99">

Rezip it and try to install.

That worked - Thanks.

Only problem now is that it failed for every theme on my forum.

Does that mean I have to install manualy?

TashaElizabeth

Quote from: njdevils28 on May 22, 2009, 07:24:15 AM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 20, 2009, 10:37:26 AM
@ njdevils28 try uninstalling the gallery and then the chat.

Then install the Gallery first and then the chat. I had a similar prob with another Mod and that seemed to work for me.

@mrtrc266....

Thanks for the tip.  I ended up hosing my whole site.  I had to re-install a full package Thank God the DB was not corrupted.

Would you happen to know if this mod works for 2.0 RC1-1?

Also, does this mod handle the logs efficiently?  What I mean is, does it perform it's on maintenance to avoid logs becoming to large and slowing down the chat?  If not, is there a tool to handle the chat logs to avoid them becoming to large?  Is there a way to automate a rename of the current log to a log with a time stamp and then have the mod create a new log?  Is this even an issue or am I worrying about nothing?

Where would I find the logs so I can do it myself?

i didnt want the logs, so i went to /chat/lib/config.php and changed the default of this line from whatever it was to 0:

// Max time difference in days for old messages before they are purged from the database:
$config['logsPurgeTimeDiff'] = 0;

just watching them populate in mysql they seem to empty out roughly every 8-10 minutes when the room is full, and sometimes a couple of hours when it is not.

hope that helps.

njdevils28

Quote from: TashaElizabeth on May 22, 2009, 06:36:18 PM
Quote from: njdevils28 on May 22, 2009, 07:24:15 AM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 20, 2009, 10:37:26 AM
@ njdevils28 try uninstalling the gallery and then the chat.

Then install the Gallery first and then the chat. I had a similar prob with another Mod and that seemed to work for me.

@mrtrc266....

Thanks for the tip.  I ended up hosing my whole site.  I had to re-install a full package Thank God the DB was not corrupted.

Would you happen to know if this mod works for 2.0 RC1-1?

Also, does this mod handle the logs efficiently?  What I mean is, does it perform it's on maintenance to avoid logs becoming to large and slowing down the chat?  If not, is there a tool to handle the chat logs to avoid them becoming to large?  Is there a way to automate a rename of the current log to a log with a time stamp and then have the mod create a new log?  Is this even an issue or am I worrying about nothing?

Where would I find the logs so I can do it myself?

i didnt want the logs, so i went to /chat/lib/config.php and changed the default of this line from whatever it was to 0:

// Max time difference in days for old messages before they are purged from the database:
$config['logsPurgeTimeDiff'] = 0;

just watching them populate in mysql they seem to empty out roughly every 8-10 minutes when the room is full, and sometimes a couple of hours when it is not.

hope that helps.

Heh - That would if I could install the Mod.  Any idea why it could be failing in every theme?

mrtrc266

Quote from: clashbot on May 22, 2009, 01:15:05 PM
still not getting the chat to parse the user list. Chat pops up like it is supposed to but the online list is empty. Do I need to manually kill the tables, uninstall and reinstall?

Update: I've followed the tips as well, as I did have pretty urls installed. I've removed pretty urls, reloaded this mod (after modifying it to recognize 1.1.9)

Just not getting anything in the users online in the chat pop-up, and of course, the chat is non-functional.

Follow the tips posted in this, SunKing had the same prob for ever until he found a solution for it below

If you install the Mod and it looks like it installs fine but the shoutbox and chat room are blank please read HERE

mrtrc266

@ njdevils28 if you are using a custom theme then yes you will have to manually do the edits for that theme.

If you get tests failed on the install with the default theme then it seems that other Mods have moved you code around and you will have to manually edit just those files that failed.

Make a Package Parser your best friend  ;)

[unplugged]

Still no luck with the Post Notification mrtrc266?
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

mrtrc266

Quote from: SunKing on May 22, 2009, 10:02:29 PM
Still no luck with the Post Notification mrtrc266?

Just got it sorted bout 5 minutes again, works like a charm. After I unidid everything and then redid your edit I forgot to change the datetime to timestamp.

This is AWESOME! Thank you very much for the tip :)

[unplugged]

Oh great! Glad you got it sorted. Enjoy.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

clashbot

ok, I've done both items, the rewrite line in the htaccess file, as well as making sure the two index.php files are chmod 755. The chat window still comes with no one showing in the online list. the logout button not working, or anything. About the only thing it did pull from my forums was the room lists.

[unplugged]

@clashbot, you made the edits to the .htaccess that resides in the same folder as your SSI.php?

clashbot

think I found my problem, it wasn't just adding that line to htaccess, it was also placement of that line in htaccess. Making it the first rewrite rule fixed the issue. sorry for the headache. :/

Advertisement: