AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtrc266

Quote from: TheListener on June 15, 2009, 02:13:43 AM
Post Notification

After seeing this on another members forum I am looking at doing the same to my chat.

http://www.empireofthesun.net/forum/index.php?topic=4578.msg6890#msg6890

We use 1.1.9 and chat version 3.0

Can it be done? Or will my techs win me over to 2.0?

I'm sure it can be done but I'm sure you're tech's will convince you to convert to SMF 2 though....Are you willing to lose most of your 200 Mods?  LOL  ;)

TheListener

[/quote]

I'm sure it can be done but I'm sure you're tech's will convince you to convert to SMF 2 though....Are you willing to loose most of your 200 Mods?  LOL  ;)
[/quote]

Ya mean 82 mods  ;D

Speaking of techs you're one of them and a darn hard worker too.

Are ya blushing yet?  :D  :-[

DilSe

hello to all

plz dhelp anyboy
error on shout box ...

Error: Connection status: 503

how do I can

Krandall

Quote from: SunKing on June 14, 2009, 02:17:10 AM
@Krandall

Can you post or PM a link to your site? Like chit-chat said, it needs to be enabled in admin section.

Here's a link, http://bob2bob.com/forum/index.php

Right now it's using the changes you told me to use. But not showing on the board: General Discussion or test1.

-randy

[unplugged]

I am going to set it up on my test site and get it fully working. I will post back here when finished.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Zeshin

Hey guys. Thanks for the previous support, I really appreciated it.

One more question though - I can't seem to find this in the config files (and maybe I haven't looked hard enough) but is there a way to set it as default for -no- sounds? Or is there a way I can just turn them off completely for everyone?

Thanks.

[unplugged]

A quick workaround would be to add a ~ to the end of the sounds folder (forum/chat/sounds~)....then it simply wouldn't find the sounds. This may put errors in your log, but shouldn't break the forum. Then you can look for a better solution.  :P
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

drhamza

hello there, my forum is still under construction but this made it alive already, very nice mod

i have a couple of questions:
1. is there a way to limit the channels, for example, i have 5 forums, 2 of which are the only ones that i need them to be channels, and disable the others..... is that possible
2. members using cell phones are complaining about the shoutbox being "mixed up", any ideas about that?

thanks a bunch

[unplugged]

@drhamza
Information on limiting the channels can be found here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg1981766#msg1981766

@Krandall
I think all you may be missing is a simple global statement. Try adding global $board; just above the if(isset($board) like this:

global $board;
if(isset($board) && $board == 1.0 || $board == 33.0)
{
shoutbox_bottom();
    }

Zeshin

Lol, thanks, yeah, I guess that works.

Sorry, but I have another question.. my members are unable to login under their accounts. They keep getting an error saying "You can't access the chat."

I've set this variable to true:

// Defines if registered users (including moderators) have access to the logs (admins are always granted access):
$config['logsUserAccess'] = true;

But they still can't login. Again, I'm sure I'm missing something... there's just a lot of settings... so I've attached both of my config.php files. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Also, whenever someone times out.. it sometimes shows the message 3 times. Anyone else have this error?

(P.S. ~ I took out my db info in both files for security reasons, obviously.)

Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss

Quote from: Zeshin on June 15, 2009, 11:58:13 PM
Lol, thanks, yeah, I guess that works.

Sorry, but I have another question.. my members are unable to login under their accounts. They keep getting an error saying "You can't access the chat."

I've set this variable to true:

// Defines if registered users (including moderators) have access to the logs (admins are always granted access):
$config['logsUserAccess'] = true;

But they still can't login. Again, I'm sure I'm missing something... there's just a lot of settings... so I've attached both of my config.php files. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Also, whenever someone times out.. it sometimes shows the message 3 times. Anyone else have this error?

(P.S. ~ I took out my db info in both files for security reasons, obviously.)

Just want to make sure .......
You did go into admin area to permissions and set for each of the type of groups to show and allow the chat .. correct?
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!
www.chitchatchatterbox.com
Remember in the "Referral" box to put "Caleb" while registering.

Zeshin

Ahh man.. I feel like an idiot. I was scrambling everywhere, lol. No, I didn't. Sorry for the trouble. >.>

allumius

Sorry for my english  :'(
After yesterday my chat dont work.
in the ShoutBox i dont have error but when i open de chat window i have this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/galif2/public_html/motrilfriki/SSI.php on line 1043

But i dont touch nothing!!!

mrtrc266

Quote from: allumius on June 16, 2009, 03:23:52 AM
Sorry for my english  :'(
After yesterday my chat dont work.
in the ShoutBox i dont have error but when i open de chat window i have this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/galif2/public_html/motrilfriki/SSI.php on line 1043

But i dont touch nothing!!!

Did you install any Mods recently?

allumius

No, the last i have install is this mod

mrtrc266

What version of AJAX Chat Intergration mod you have 3.0 or 3.2?

allumius

I have tried also with the version 3.2 but the result is the same mistake

bajax

Nice Mod !!!

Everything worked great for me,

i have only one question i want to keep the shoutbox but disable the chat, not even give the option of clicking the button how can i remove the button...

i only need the shoutbox  8) thanks in advance

mrtrc266

Uh oh.....sounds like you might installed one version over another. Nothin touches the SSI until version 3.2.

I gotta get off to bed, you can PM a link you your site and temp admin/ftp access and I can take a look in the morning if ya like

Advertisement: