News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarppi

Quote from: TheListener on July 20, 2009, 10:40:58 AM
Quote from: Jarppi on July 20, 2009, 10:23:01 AM
When this mod will be available for 1.1.10 ?

Already is.

In 3.2 version details says.
Compatible With: 1.1.5, 1.1.6, 1.1.7, 1.1.8, 1.1.9, 2.0 RC1, 2.0 RC1-1

TheListener

mrtrc266

@ Phil, yes the Package Parser will show you all the edit to change or remove for the entire mod.

@Jarpi
Unzip the AJAX Chat Intergration zip file that you downloaded.

Open package-info.xml
Find
<install for="1.1.6-1.1.9">

Replace with
<install for="1.1.6-1.99.99">

Then rezip it and installed the Mod via the Package Manager

mrtrc266

Quote from: Hanzalah on July 20, 2009, 02:54:59 AM
sir it's show but when write anything nothing heppend just show blank.... :(

What other Mods do you have installed?

Jarppi

It still gives error like this:
Installations actions for "AjaxChat Integration":
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

And I only changed code according your instructions ?

mrtrc266

Quote from: Jarppi on July 20, 2009, 01:28:25 PM
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Did you delete the old one from you package list? If not, delete it, then try installing the one you edited.

If that still doesn't work try changing it to just this.
<install for="1.1.6-1.1.10">

Jarppi

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 20, 2009, 01:56:25 PM
Quote from: Jarppi on July 20, 2009, 01:28:25 PM

Did you delete the old one from you package list? If not, delete it, then try installing the one you edited.

If that still doesn't work try changing it to just this.
<install for="1.1.6-1.1.10">

I deleted package and changed to this <install for="1.1.6-1.1.10">
But still gives same error ?
This is tricky...

I had this mod worknig with 1.1.9 version.
What I did was, I upgraded from 1.1.9 to 1.1.10 and then whole mod disaperad.
And now I´m trying to re-install it.

mrtrc266

Did you manually uninstall the chat, cuz if you didn't and this get's installed twice it could mess things up.

If you want create a temp admin account on your site and PM me the details...I'll take a look.

ScottDB

Thanks for the help. I should have tried that. Same thing I had to do for the ultimate profile. Well I guess I'm learning. I got the 500 mesage and fixed that as well.

I'm not sure how this shout and chat is supposed to work. Is there supposed to be a separate button for chat. I have the shoutbox working but I don't see anything for chat. Have tried it with and without the two being integrated by option in features and options. No change.

Also wondering if the shoutbox can easily be changed to the bottom of the page somewhere and if the background color can be changed from white.

Just bumpin this post
Thank you,
Scott

If at first you don't succeed. post and post again.

mrtrc266

Quote from: ScottDB on July 20, 2009, 05:25:19 PM

Thanks for the help. I should have tried that. Same thing I had to do for the ultimate profile. Well I guess I'm learning. I got the 500 mesage and fixed that as well.

I'm not sure how this shout and chat is supposed to work. Is there supposed to be a separate button for chat. I have the shoutbox working but I don't see anything for chat. Have tried it with and without the two being integrated by option in features and options. No change.

Also wondering if the shoutbox can easily be changed to the bottom of the page somewhere and if the background color can be changed from white.

Just bumpin this post

What Version of SMF are you using

bp31

Quote from: Owdy on July 17, 2009, 08:57:45 AM
Huge bug in permissions. Why guest can log in chat? I havent allowed them in permissions. They see chat button aswell...

edit: okay $config['allowGuestLogins'] = false; fixes that login problem, but how can i hide that chat button from guest?
Hi,
I had the same problem. I am in the process of setting up a forum and I certainly don't want unregistered guests going to the chat. You mention a file to edit ... which one is it?

I can live with guests seeing the chat button for now, but if there is a way to not let see it, that would be nice.

Thanks!
-- Ed

Jarppi

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 20, 2009, 02:35:08 PM
Did you manually uninstall the chat, cuz if you didn't and this get's installed twice it could mess things up.

If you want create a temp admin account on your site and PM me the details...I'll take a look.
I didn't  uninstall it manually. So that could mess it up.
How I can manually remove all ajax chat code lines from SMF?

DilSe

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 20, 2009, 01:05:22 PM
Quote from: Hanzalah on July 20, 2009, 02:54:59 AM
sir it's show but when write anything nothing heppend just show blank.... :(

What other Mods do you have installed?

i have have installed mod.

YouTube BBCode 2.4
Enhanced Quick Reply Box 2.0.2
Todays Birthday
Fix Message Empty Error For Embed Video Mods
Full Top 10 Stats
Border data on topic view
MCLegendII.2
New Style Message Icon
Crowns
Listen to Quran
Ultimate Profile
View IP
Member Awards
Age,Gender,Location on Registation
Auto Email Inactive Users
Top 10 Posters Today And This Week Stats
SMF Staff Page
ad mod.
Aligned and Bilateral Child Boards
User Control Panel By Alan S

bp31

Quote from: Owdy on July 21, 2009, 06:15:00 AM
Quote from: bp31 on July 21, 2009, 12:45:21 AM
Huge bug in permissions. Why guest can log in chat? I havent allowed them in permissions. They see chat button aswell...

edit: okay $config['allowGuestLogins'] = false; fixes that login problem, but how can i hide that chat button from guest?
Hi,
I had the same problem. I am in the process of setting up a forum and I certainly don't want unregistered guests going to the chat. You mention a file to edit ... which one is it?

/chat/lib/config.php
// Enable/Disable guest logins:
$config['allowGuestLogins'] = false;

I can live with guests seeing the chat button for now, but if there is a way to not let see it, that would be nice.
What is your SMF version?
That would be 1.1.9.
Thanks!

mrtrc266

Quote from: Jarppi on July 21, 2009, 03:40:57 AM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 20, 2009, 02:35:08 PM

I didn't  uninstall it manually. So that could mess it up.
How I can manually remove all ajax chat code lines from SMF?

Use a Package Parser for the uninstall. Once you upload the Mod to the Parser it should be pretty self explanitory, of course be sure to make backups of the files you'll be editing.

mrtrc266

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 20, 2009, 06:48:48 PM
Quote from: ScottDB on July 20, 2009, 05:25:19 PM

Just bumpin this post

What Version of SMF are you using

To relocate you shout box, follow this
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2107351#msg2107351

bp31

/chat/lib/config.php
// Enable/Disable guest logins:
$config['allowGuestLogins'] = false;
What is your SMF version?
I got the permissions thing working fine. As for the "chat" button not being seen by vistors, that's not urgent, but I would like to add to that:

If I change themes, the chat button is not visible at all. I am thinking aroung the holidays or Christmas Themes etc. Is there a fix I have to make for each theme?

As mentioned in my other post, I'm using SMF 1.1.9.

Thanks.

ScottDB

Thanks for the help guys. I'm sure I can get it to work right now. That is after I reinstall it  ::) . I updated from 1.9 to 1.10 and the install option was not showing like the rest of the mods did afterwards. The mod is still there but only options are list files and delete. No install or uninstall. Have been seeing a lot of problems with deleting and reinstalling and wanted to know the best way to get this working again without a lot of problems.
Thank you,
Scott

If at first you don't succeed. post and post again.

Jarppi

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 21, 2009, 09:41:58 AM
Use a Package Parser for the uninstall. Once you upload the Mod to the Parser it should be pretty self explanitory, of course be sure to make backups of the files you'll be editing.

I followed all the steps in Package Parser, but still after that it gives me same error when I try to reinstall.

Is anyone else using this mod successfully with 1.1.10 version ???

Advertisement: