News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wladymeer

I guess I would have to repeat:

I have uninstalled successfully this mod.

However, I  have this small gap in menu on the place where chat used to be and it's linkable. How can I remove it?

TheListener

Quote from: InsaneMustang on July 29, 2009, 12:50:48 PM
Right now I have a channel for every single board I have.  How can I delete all of them.  I just want 2 boards.  One public, and one private.

Will this help?

Edit/Remove the channels that are currently boards.

Open.....yourforum/chat/lib/config.php
Find
Code: [Select]
// Defines an array of channelIDs (e.g. array(0, 1)) to limit the number of available channels, will be ignored if set to null:
$config['limitChannelList'] = null;
And replace with the code below and just change the numbers to the number of the boards for the boards you want to have as channels

EXAMPLE: If "General Discussion" was board #1 and you had another board "SMF Talk" was board #2 then your code would look like this. This would make it so ONLY General Discussion and SMF Talk would appear in the channel list.

// Defines an array of channelIDs (e.g. array(0, 1)) to limit the number of available channels, will be ignored if set to null:
$config['limitChannelList'] = array(1,2);

To have ONLY the Public Room avaliable in the Channel List, change the array to 0 (Thanks stikkki)

$config['limitChannelList'] = array(0);

You can also change the name of the Public Channel to something like "YourForums Lounge"

Find and change Public to whatever you like

// Default channelName used together with the defaultChannelID if no channel with this ID exists:
$config['defaultChannelName'] = 'Public';

To actually add custom channels that are NOT in your board.

Open....yourforum/chat/lib/class/CustomAJAXChat.php (Just change Custom_Channel_1 and 'Custom_Channel_2 to what you want. No white spaces allowed.)

Find
      return $this->_channels;Replace with
      $this->_channels = array_merge($this->_channels, array('Custom_Channel_1'=>567, 'Custom_Channel_2'=>890));
      return $this->_channels;
Find
      return $this->_allChannels;Replace with
      $this->_allChannels = array_merge($this->_allChannels, array('Custom_Channel_1'=>567, 'Custom_Channel_2'=>890));
      return $this->_allChannels;           

Ampix0

Ok everyone can use Chat now. Now i have some things i need to be done that i hope someone can help me with.

• Disable URLS in Chatbox
  • Disable Pictures in Chatbox
  • Disable Name changes
  • Disable IM sounds

ScottDB

Why is it that I can't find this code in most of my themes. Is there something else I need to edit instead?

// But, let's always show minutes - Time wasted here: 0 minutes ;).
echo $context['user']['total_time_logged_in']['minutes'], $txt['totalTimeLogged4'], '<br />';
}
echo ' </span>';
}
Thank you,
Scott

If at first you don't succeed. post and post again.

TheListener

Quote from: ScottDB on July 29, 2009, 10:59:52 PM
Why is it that I can't find this code in most of my themes. Is there something else I need to edit instead?

echo $context['user']['total_time_logged_in']['minutes'], $txt['totalTimeLogged4'], '<br />';
}
echo ' </span>';
}

Try the search without the // and echo also try without the <br>

it sometimes helps

Ampix0

People are changing nicknames like crazy and im almost sure i stet the right thing to false..

TheListener

Quote from: Ampix0 on July 29, 2009, 11:05:48 PM
People are changing nicknames like crazy and im almost sure i stet the right thing to false..

Sorry but I can't help with that Ampix however you can always threaten them with a temporary ban until you get it sorted (or threaten them with a stinkbomb)

NaYa

i installed the shout box(smf 2.0 rc1-2) but i cant shout anything...100% blank

what i do ?
http://www.filmyplanet.com - The entertainment portal !

planethax

I uploaded all file from mod "chat" folder to a "chat" directory,
but when I goto /chat/install.php all I get is a blank page?

Please help.

Capion

Quote from: ScottDB on July 29, 2009, 10:59:52 PM

}
echo ' </span>';
}

Youre not alone on this.. i have the same problem.
also the

// Otherwise, they might want to [logout]...

// the [chat] button $chatPath = str_replace("index.php", "chat/index.php", $scripturl); $num = (empty($modSettings['enableChatButtonNo'])) ? 0 : count(chatOnlineUsers()); echo $context['browser']['is_ie4'] ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '', ' <td valign="top" class="maintab_back"> <a href="', $chatPath, '"', empty($modSettings['chatPopUp']) ? 'target="_blank"' : ' onclick="openWindow(this.href);this.blur();return false;"', '>', $txt['chat'], ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '' , '</a> </td>';

is missing in my theme ( xd-zeda )
and is completely stalling the installation

Ive tried to ask the developer of the theme, but.. the tread I found is allmost 2 years old.
Im still hoping to get some hints about where it should have been, or where I can put the code in now.
( ahem.. im trying to force it into ver. 1.1.10 )
*if it works, dont fix it*

ScottDB

OK, I finally got this to work but with a problem with the tab button. The letters don't show up unless its hovered over and they show up in red. The button is also small. Will attach pic. of problem. Also this theme has a lot of files. I think it might be an image file problem or something. Here is a list of the files: images, BoardIndex.template.php, chrome.js, Display.template.php, index.php, index.template.php, MessageIndex.template.php, style.css, theme_info.xml.

Thank you,
Scott

ScottDB

Hey Capion, I found out in an earlier post that not all themes will have the //But lets always show the min..... part in the theme. It will still install with out this change. Look at earlier post a few pages back. I had forgotten when I posted this.

As far as the //Otherwise they might want to log out can be found under the button section towards the bottom.

I'm new to this as well. Hope this helps a little.
Thank you,
Scott

SC2 Gateway

Quote from: CrankyOldguy on July 28, 2009, 01:02:11 AM
Sure you can!  The info is in the README.TXT file under Customizing the layout.  You DID look in the README, right?  ;D

You can add, remove or change any of the CSS files.  It's purely a CSS change, nothing in the template file, then you follow the instructions in the README if you're going to add new styles to the config.php file.

This seems to be only for editing the chat. I'm curious as to how to edit the shoutbox. I have a dark theme, and I would like to have a dark shout box that is relevant to my theme.
The Fastest Growing Starcraft II Community Out There

.HuNTeR.

July 31 2009:
Bug fixes:
- Guest permission check in chat and shoutbox fix.
- some minor bug in table creating part.

SilvioTO

After a chat session, some messages stay visible on the next day when I login again.
I would like at each new login the users see only a empty page. Is possible?
I use Ajax Chat with SMF 1.1.10 integration mod.

Thanks for your help.
Silvio.

Capion

Quote from: ScottDB on July 30, 2009, 08:34:13 PM
Hey Capion, I found out in an earlier post that not all themes will have the //But lets always show the min..... part in the theme. It will still install with out this change. Look at earlier post a few pages back. I had forgotten when I posted this.

As far as the //Otherwise they might want to log out can be found under the button section towards the bottom.

I'm new to this as well. Hope this helps a little.

Thank You!
Ill try.

Capion

Quote from: .HuNTeR. on July 31, 2009, 01:57:21 AM
July 31 2009:
Bug fixes:
- Guest permission check in chat and shoutbox fix.
- some minor bug in table creating part.

Ive just tried to run this 3.2.1 version, manually.
When running "Tables_1.1.X.php" this error occurs:

Database Error
No database selected
Fil: /my/path/to/the/root_of_smf/Tables_1.1.X.php
Line: 12 

PS !!

Then i uploaded the zip via the packagemanagement, ignored the warnings, ignored the load.php errors and re-uploaded the manually edited files.
Then there wasnt any php-errors, or database-errors.

( ill take this back..>> >)

but.. even thou Ive checked V these boxes:

Enable the ShoutBox?
Check for ShoutBox on any page or uncheck for only in index page:
Integrate shout box and chat room?
Enable online chat users numbering on chat button?

there is no shoutbox on either the portal or the forum.
The chat button, is in my top-menu, and pops the chat OK.

I have found a fix to my block problem...:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=search2;search=block;topic=257973
( doh.. in the same tread.. hehe.. )

planethax

Quote from: planethax on July 30, 2009, 04:00:57 PM
I uploaded all file from mod "chat" folder to a "chat" directory,
but when I goto /chat/install.php all I get is a blank page?

Please help.

Can anyone guide me here?

Thanx.

primetime

I have this MOD installed on my forum which uses a custom theme, silentwave. The chat works great. I have tried installing the AEVA MOD but it fails. The MOD author cliams the reason it fails is due to AJAX chat. He/she recommends that I uninstall the chat, install AEVA, then reinstall the Chat Mod. I don't want to do this since the CHAT MOD had to be custom coded to work with my current theme. The AEVA author says that the AJAX Chat MOD needs to be changed but the author of the CHAT MOD does not want to make the changes. How do I get around this delema?

SC2 Gateway

Does anyone know, if I can change the theme of the SHOUTBOX?

My forum theme is dark, while the shoutbox is white O.o

Someone please help me out here...
The Fastest Growing Starcraft II Community Out There

Advertisement: