AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warlock2009

Quote from: TheListener on September 04, 2009, 05:26:11 PM
Quote from: Urbanite on September 04, 2009, 03:11:19 PM
Listener, the link in your signature isn't there any more, presuming you are meaning under AJAX CHAT HINTS AND TIPS

This is the section I was referring to.

If you get a 500 Connection error you might have to set your file permissions as well.

There are 2 folder for the AJAX Chat Intergration Mod "Chat" and "Shoutbox".
For AJAX Chat Intergration Version 3 "Folders" be sure to change the file permissions (CHMOD) /chat/index.php and /shoutbox/index.php to 755

Bro i really don't know how to edit php file cause i'am newbie, would you assist me how get ajax work to may default theme smf 1.1.10

bbq-pepper

Hi!

Chat and Shoutbox was working correctly. Now after some days and no changes (i was on hols) some of the users gets user/password error if they want to log on the chat. It is integrated in 1.1.10. Some users can log on using Firefox, some can only using IE. I´ve checked the config and reset the config to default - no change.

Any ideas?

Regards, Petzer

TheListener

Quote from: Urbanite on September 06, 2009, 05:28:48 AM
I want to use just the shoutbox without the chat and need a little help to:-

(1) Remove or "// out" the chat button on the menu bar.

(2) On the shoutBox I want to change the title 'shoutBox' to something more forum geared and also change the word 'Shout' on the send button.

any clues please?   ... oh talented ones

Which smf version do you use?

Do you have a portal installed?

TheListener

Quote from: warlock2009 on September 06, 2009, 08:11:20 AM
Quote from: TheListener on September 04, 2009, 05:26:11 PM
Quote from: Urbanite on September 04, 2009, 03:11:19 PM
Listener, the link in your signature isn't there any more, presuming you are meaning under AJAX CHAT HINTS AND TIPS

This is the section I was referring to.

If you get a 500 Connection error you might have to set your file permissions as well.

There are 2 folder for the AJAX Chat Intergration Mod "Chat" and "Shoutbox".
For AJAX Chat Intergration Version 3 "Folders" be sure to change the file permissions (CHMOD) /chat/index.php and /shoutbox/index.php to 755

Bro i really don't know how to edit php file cause i'am newbie, would you assist me how get ajax work to may default theme smf 1.1.10

This does not require an edit in the file itself.

On your control panel you have to set the two files to 755

If you require further help please pm me.

TheListener

Quote from: bbq-pepper on September 06, 2009, 09:01:45 AM
Hi!

Chat and Shoutbox was working correctly. Now after some days and no changes (i was on hols) some of the users gets user/password error if they want to log on the chat. It is integrated in 1.1.10. Some users can log on using Firefox, some can only using IE. I´ve checked the config and reset the config to default - no change.

Any ideas?

Regards, Petzer

Can I see a link to your forum please.

chucklebutte

just installed this its great for me... no one else can see shout box or get into chat. I can flawlessly though. running smf 1.1.10.

any thoughts?

TheListener

Have a look at the permissions for each membergroup.

Urbanite

Quote from: TheListener on September 06, 2009, 10:45:53 AM

Which smf version do you use?

Do you have a portal installed?

SMF V2.0 RC1.2 using the Google Theme, no portal
Just when you finally get it idiot proof ...along comes a bigger idiot!

chucklebutte

Quote from: TheListener on September 06, 2009, 06:06:09 PM

ty you are awesome now to get the rss bot fixed and id totally be set much <3

TheListener

The reason I asked about a portal is because of one of the portal mods now having a shoutbox feature.

http://sourceforge.net/docman/?group_id=214758

This link may help.

I am not 100% certain which files would require an edit however but will look into it for the shoutbox name change.

TheListener

Quote from: chucklebutte on September 06, 2009, 06:15:01 PM
Quote from: TheListener on September 06, 2009, 06:06:09 PM

ty you are awesome now to get the rss bot fixed and id totally be set much <3

Do you mean the chatbot?

chucklebutte

damn talk about mashing your F5 key lol

The bot im referring to is the rss feeder bot I posted in that thread. It was working fine after the first install, all I did was add some more feeds and it hasnt made a post since.

and seriously i appreciate the fast response

TheListener

No worries only glad to help.

let me know if you are interested in adding a word censor and afk edit to your chat

Urbanite

Quote from: TheListener on September 06, 2009, 06:15:20 PM
The reason I asked about a portal is because of one of the portal mods now having a shoutbox feature.

I am not 100% certain which files would require an edit however but will look into it for the shoutbox name change.

Thanks m8, yes I know about Simple Portal's shoutbox, I will look into it although it would mean a heap of work, maybe if I get the time it would be a better move in the long run as the whole package gives so much more flexability.

Just to let you know that the word censor works on the shoutbox automatically if you have the 'Integrate shout box and chat room' button ticked. But it will also work separately if this box is unticked if you copy the chat/js/custom.js to shoutBox/js/custom.js this includes the 'welcome message' that can say something different in the shoutBox to the chat.

TheListener

Already have the edits you mentioned.

;D

Let me know if you require any help with your portal or chat.

Urbanite

Whoopee, disposed of the unwanted 'chat' button by doing this in /sources/subs.php [SMF V2]

//   'chat' => array(
//   'title' => $chatButton,
//   'href' => $chatLink,
//   'show' => true,
//   'sub_buttons' => array(
//   ),
//  ),

All I need now is to rename the ShoutBox and the Shout button  :)

TheListener

Quote from: Urbanite on September 06, 2009, 09:46:14 PM
Whoopee, disposed of the unwanted 'chat' button by doing this in /sources/subs.php [SMF V2]

//   'chat' => array(
//   'title' => $chatButton,
//   'href' => $chatLink,
//   'show' => true,
//   'sub_buttons' => array(
//   ),
//  ),

All I need now is to rename the ShoutBox and the Shout button  :)

Remember to keep an eye on your forum error log.

bbq-pepper

It is http://www.leckergrillen.net/forum/chat

Cheers, Peter

Quote from: TheListener on September 06, 2009, 10:49:28 AM
Quote from: bbq-pepper on September 06, 2009, 09:01:45 AM
Hi!

Any ideas?

Regards, Petzer

Can I see a link to your forum please.

TheListener

Did you have any errors on install?

Any errors in your error log?

bbq-pepper

Hi!

No, no errors regarding the chat. The thing is that it was working correctly for days.

Another issue is that if a user is loged on, he can not log out by the logout button. User will be loged in after clicking the logout button. ???

Regards, Peter

Quote from: TheListener on September 07, 2009, 01:53:45 AM
Did you have any errors on install?

Any errors in your error log?

Advertisement: