News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabre™

Quote from: rpacheco on September 24, 2009, 06:31:05 PM
... the online list is shown by default. How can I change that?

Im unsure at this time buddy. Somebody else may know how to do this.

Quote from: rpacheco on September 24, 2009, 06:31:05 PM
Also, Can I change the "AJAX" title to the name of my chat? Or that would be against the mod rights policy? If I can, where is it in the code?

Yes you can change the name, just do not remove or change the copyright details.
To change the name of your Chat, go into the chat folder, then into the lib folder, and into the lang folder.
Open the en.php and at the top, you will see
$lang['title'] = 'Ajax Chat';

That is where you edit the name, and go through the other language files if you'd like to do this for all the languages supplied.

Quote from: Scup on September 24, 2009, 07:58:56 PM
I'm using SMF 1.1.10 and when I go to the spot to uncheck things the tickboxes are unlabelled?

Check if you have files named Help.english-utf8.php and Modifications.english-utf8.php in your languages folder, and add the code needed for those 2 templates.
smp420 answered your second question.

Quote from: jaketfg on September 25, 2009, 12:13:04 AM
I set the premissions to the two files to 777 (also tried 755) but i still get a connection 500 error on the shoutbox.

Which two files?
Im assuming you mean the index.php in both the chat and shout folders? And that hasn't worked?
Have you made any changes to your .htaccess file(s)?
As far as I know, an error 500 is a server side error. Somebody can correct me on this if Im wrong.
Your host should have these logged in their error logs, so get them to have a look at it.
Other than those suggestions, It'd be better if a more knowledgeable person assists you with this error.
Good luck :)

Quote from: fabteam on September 25, 2009, 07:58:19 PM
thanks a lot Sabre !
it displays the number of people in the chat
what should I change to have the nickname displayed ?

Just remove the code I mentioned, and add this instead.
ssi_chatOnline();

That'll call from your SSI.php, which is better all round, especially since you are using a portal
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Games4Nerds

how do i change permissions to 755 to fix ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 500 ??

Sabre™

Go into your C/panel, select the file and click on the "chmod" button.
Type 755 and enter.

If you're using an ftp client, most will allow you to right click the file and select chmod there.
Just do the same as mentioned above.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Games4Nerds

Nvm Found it.

But when i try to set the permissions on /chat/index.php it doesnt let me put it to 755. it keeps going to 666.

fabteam

Sabre™

Quote from: Games4Nerds on September 26, 2009, 01:57:41 AM
But when i try to set the permissions on /chat/index.php it doesnt let me put it to 755. it keeps going to 666.

Thats strange mate, Ive never experienced that before.
Maybe somebody that knows why it is doing this will suggest another option.

Quote from: fabteam on September 26, 2009, 04:28:41 AM
thank you very much Sabre it works !!

Anytime mate :)

DaBrute

TheListener

DaBrute

Quote from: TheListener on September 26, 2009, 09:12:40 AM
Quote from: mrtrag on September 26, 2009, 09:10:56 AM
How do i turn this on? Sorry!
Quote from: mrtrag on September 26, 2009, 09:10:56 AM
How do i turn this on? Sorry!

Can you please explain what you are trying to do.
well i installed it and it went through fine. But where dO i actually see the shout box? chat with users?  I'm very new to this and sorry if it has already been answered.

TheListener

Have you set the permissions for each membergroup?

DaBrute

Quote from: TheListener on September 26, 2009, 09:16:46 AM
Have you set the permissions for each membergroup?
i will look..i do notice  it did skip a few files..what does this mean?     Skipping file

TheListener

The skipping files is noting to worry about ie language file the files you do have to watch are where it says test failed.

Sabre™

For smf1.1.10 it is in your admin panel where it states "Features and Options".
Just scroll down and you'll see the options for it.

In smf2 you go to your admin panel, then the Configuration tab, then scroll down and you will see the "Modifications" selection, then you will see where it says "Chat"

These actions will show you how to turn it on. After doing these, a chat button should appear next to your logout button.

You will also need to add the permissions for the membergroups as TheListener has mentioned.

DaBrute

Quote from: Sabre™ on September 26, 2009, 09:26:23 AM
For smf1.1.10 it is in your admin panel where it states "Features and Options".
Just scroll down and you'll see the options for it.

In smf2 you go to your admin panel, then the Configuration tab, then scroll down and you will see the "Modifications" selection, then you will see where it says "Chat"

These actions will show you how to turn it on. After doing these, a chat button should appear next to your logout button.

You will also need to add the permissions for the membergroups as TheListener has mentioned.
awesome!!! lol  thanks! I need to slow down and  explore  next time.

mcgovery

Hello, I love the look of this mod and it is exactly what I am looking for.

I am using the latest version of SMF but have run into a problem :(

http://www.ewcsquad.com/forums/chat/index.php

Please can someone check the above post too see what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks.

Sabre™

Check that everything was uploaded. Both folders and its contents.
Is the chat folder there?  Where your packages, avatars etc folders are.
If so, have you modified any of the templates?

DaBrute

mcgovery

Thankyou so much for your reply!

I just checked my ftp and noticed it hadn't uploaded all of my folders.

I don't get any errors when I click "Chat" but I get a popup box saying www.ewcsquad.com are requesting a password.

I enter my forum login info and it says forbiden :S

Any ideas.

Sabre™

Try your c/panel details.
What are those folders chmoded to?
Try 755 and see what happens if they aren't already.

mcgovery

Okay I have changed all permissions to 755, now when I click on "chat" I get a popup window come up which is a start but since installing the mod every action I try to do (even non chat related) it comes up with a popup box saying ewcsquad.com requests a username and password.

I have tried my forum user and pass and my cpanel user and pass to no avail :(.

Advertisement: