News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

Well done bud.

Ya did it.

Once you know how to do attachments things start to get easy ( supposedly).

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: TheListener on September 29, 2009, 08:23:58 PM
Well done bud.

Ya did it.

Once you know how to do attachments things start to get easy ( supposedly).

yep, everybody can fix things for you then haha lol..

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Sabre™

Yep, good job :)
Unfortunately it is the wrong file lol
I need the file in which you altered, which would be the config.php
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

DaBrute

Sabre™

Your file looks ok, and it is working flawlessly on my test site.
Until I personally experience this issue, I cannot offer a solution.
But that edit seems to work fine for me.
Have you made any other edit to any other template regarding this mod?
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

DaBrute

Quote from: Sabre™ on September 29, 2009, 09:20:43 PM
Your file looks ok, and it is working flawlessly on my test site.
Until I personally experience this issue, I cannot offer a solution.
But that edit seems to work fine for me.
Have you made any other edit to any other template regarding this mod?
That was it unless its another mod i have installed.

Sabre™

Ah ok.
It could be a server thing, as the more frequent it needs to search for something, the more load it puts on it.
So making the setting lower, would cause it to search that section more often.
But mate, as stated in a round about way, I have no idea why that edit would cause your shouts/chats to disappear.
Somebody with more knowledge may pop in and enlighten us all :)

DaBrute

Quote from: Sabre™ on September 29, 2009, 09:33:11 PM
Ah ok.
It could be a server thing, as the more frequent it needs to search for something, the more load it puts on it.
So making the setting lower, would cause it to search that section more often.
But mate, as stated in a round about way, I have no idea why that edit would cause your shouts/chats to disappear.
Somebody with more knowledge may pop in and enlighten us all :)
THIS SUCKS

Sabre™

You could try contacting the Member that supplied this mod, to see if they have a solution.
Or you could always do as others are doing, and try to learn about the code.
Most of us have only just installed this mod, so are still finding our way around it.
We can only offer what we know, and often even use our own time to investigate a problem for others.
Nobody is obligated to assist anybody, we do so because(as we say in my neck of the woods), Thats How We Roll.
If you manage to write up a piece of code that will do as you've requested, I'm sure most here would appreciate your hard work if you choose to offer it.

In the meantime, good luck :)

DaBrute

Quote from: Sabre™ on September 29, 2009, 09:49:59 PM
You could try contacting the Member that supplied this mod, to see if they have a solution.
Or you could always do as others are doing, and try to learn about the code.
Most of us have only just installed this mod, so are still finding our way around it.
We can only offer what we know, and often even use our own time to investigate a problem for others.
Nobody is obligated to assist anybody, we do so because(as we say in my neck of the woods), Thats How We Roll.
If you manage to write up a piece of code that will do as you've requested, I'm sure most here would appreciate your hard work if you choose to offer it.

In the meantime, good luck :)
thanks!

bound2bmine

I can not find it  ( HOW TO INCREASE THE REFRESH RATE) I know I have seen it before in here some where. Can you guys help me out with that.

Eclipse16V

Hi,
nice Mod and it run.
But I become this Error in the ACP

QuoteGast
Undefiniert
http://www.xyz.de/index.php?topic=6208.5;wap2
8: Undefined index: chat
Datei: /xyz/xyz/Sources/Subs.php
Zeile: 4042

Here the line
Quote4041:    $num = empty($modSettings['enableChatButtonNo']) ? 0 : count(chatOnlineUsers());
==>4042:    $chatButton = $txt['chat'];
4043:    $chatButton .= ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '';
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Arantor

That means you're running a language other than English and/or a custom theme and $txt['chat'] wasn't added to your language file properly as a result.

rpacheco

Hi All,

I'm having the following problem: my users are logged in the forum, but when thay enter the chat, they are redirected to the login page. If they simply reload the login page, the chat appears correctly.

In some cases, users are logged in the chat, but when they enter the logs section, they are also redirected to the login page. Again, if they simply reload the login page, the chat appears correctly.

I suspect that this would have something to do with cookies or sessions.

Any ideas?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: rpacheco on September 30, 2009, 12:54:27 PM

Any ideas?

That seems like the most likely reason, tell them to refresh before clicking chat, if the issue continues then it might not be that

SMF 2.0 RC5

pspmichael

I tried to install this app but when I do it hangs.  I have all the latest updates installed, level 1.1.10 and everything was installed with the defaults.  When I click on Apply Mod, the screen appears to refresh and it comes right back to Apply Mod.  Any ideas why it won't install?

Am I able to run this and the "SMF AChat Mod" at the same time? 

Can I run Ajax Chat Integration twice, so I have a chat room for those over 18 and a chat room for those under 18?

Thanks!

TheListener

You will only be able to use one chat mod.

Regarding the age use there is a way of making a seperate room just for the over 18s.

DaBrute

OK NOW... anybody have any idea why  the chat is not working?  I posted the error i got.

rpacheco

Quote from: johncccccc on September 30, 2009, 12:58:21 PM
Quote from: rpacheco on September 30, 2009, 12:54:27 PM

Any ideas?

That seems like the most likely reason, tell them to refresh before clicking chat, if the issue continues then it might not be that

John,

Instead asking the users to refresh, is there a way to do this in the code?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: rpacheco on September 30, 2009, 06:45:33 PM
John,

Instead asking the users to refresh, is there a way to do this in the code?

I meant to say that as a test, that would determine if it was a timeout problem or not.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Advertisement: