AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabre™

Quote from: karencho on October 10, 2009, 05:09:19 PM
and can i just hide it? because it is not buetifull , but where i can fin that? : Shout.english.php's content  ? is it here? : smf2\shoutBox\lib\lang\en.php ? thx

You can not remove the copyright of ANY mod without their consent.
You maybe able to change the text colour, add a footer image behind it, or whatever, so long as it is always there.
It is a sign of "respect" for their hard work, and for them offering it to you for Free!
You could ask the original creator of this Ajax Chat, but if you remove it without authorisation, you are breaching a legal contract, and they will fly in the special forces to kidnap you, and sell you to the gypsies who will use you for their donkeys pleasure. lol
If you worked hard on making something, then let others use it only if they display your name, would you like someone to say "Thanks man, I'm gonna use your mod, but I'm taking off your name because I dont like it".
Do you think thats cool?
I've already found others that have done this, and therefore have personally stopped giving them support of any fashion.
Respect goes both ways, and I appreciate anything that these authors give us for Free!
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Blah blah

Quote from: Blah blah on October 11, 2009, 08:30:57 PM
I have the same issue with nothing being able to post in the chatbox...also no users show as they are in the room

All folders are set to 755 and Ive had no errors in installation (Ive deleted and re installed twice)

Other ideas?

Any other ideas?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Sabre™ on October 11, 2009, 08:51:06 PM
Quote from: karencho on October 10, 2009, 05:09:19 PM
and can i just hide it? because it is not buetifull , but where i can fin that? : Shout.english.php's content  ? is it here? : smf2\shoutBox\lib\lang\en.php ? thx

You can not remove the copyright of ANY mod without their consent.
You maybe able to change the text colour, add a footer image behind it, or whatever, so long as it is always there.
It is a sign of "respect" for their hard work, and for them offering it to you for Free!
You could ask the original creator of this Ajax Chat, but if you remove it without authorisation, you are breaching a legal contract, and they will fly in the special forces to kidnap you, and sell you to the gypsies who will use you for their donkeys pleasure. lol
If you worked hard on making something, then let others use it only if they display your name, would you like someone to say "Thanks man, I'm gonna use your mod, but I'm taking off your name because I dont like it".
Do you think thats cool?
I've already found others that have done this, and therefore have personally stopped giving them support of any fashion.
Respect goes both ways, and I appreciate anything that these authors give us for Free!

Damn Straight!!!

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Blah blah

Quote from: Blah blah on October 11, 2009, 08:55:41 PM
Quote from: Blah blah on October 11, 2009, 08:30:57 PM
I have the same issue with nothing being able to post in the chatbox...also no users show as they are in the room

All folders are set to 755 and Ive had no errors in installation (Ive deleted and re installed twice)

Other ideas?

I really need help with this guys...tonight...I need to get my forum back up

Any other ideas?

flanx

Sabre™

@ blah blah
Since no one has offered a solution, an issue like this usually involves needing a link to your site, a temporary admin account, and further details discussed privately.
These are a good read also
Quote from: Use_what_is_provided
How do I ask support questions the smart way?

Quote from: It_doesnt_take_long
How can I get my problems solved faster?
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Blah blah

Sabre™

Cool!
What did you do to fix it?  So others that experience the problem can sort it out also.

JonnyFB421

You can't happen to move the shoutbox to the bottom of the page can you? 

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

SMF 2.0 RC5

primetime

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on October 11, 2009, 03:21:00 PM
Hmmm
Its quiet possible that it was not installed correctly, especially if you don't know how it got there lol

You may want to check all the files to make sure all the edits were made and that the permissions are set to 755 on all the files included in the mod
if you do all the above and nothing comes of it, then..
You will have to remove the mod manually then delete the files from the server, also delete the mod from the server, re download from mod site, then reinstall, making sure to include your theme and add any manual edits.

I know how it got there! It was worked perfectly for the last year or so. I am just not familiar of what edits one of the admins did when he installed it. The theme I am using required some edits to have it perform correctly. The chat works fine. It is the shoutbox that I am having issues with.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

hmm, can you send a link to your forum and a temp regular member account :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Ok I got your temp password, I have figured out your problem, send me your style.css file from your theme Directory :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Blah blah

Quote from: Sabre™ on October 12, 2009, 01:39:04 AM
Cool!
What did you do to fix it?  So others that experience the problem can sort it out also.

Well when I installed it showed no errors, but when I went through the parse to see if all the codes where added two were missing.

primetime

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on October 12, 2009, 12:40:25 PM
Ok I got your temp password, I have figured out your problem, send me your style.css file from your theme Directory :)

PM sent with css code. Thank in advance :D

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: primetime on October 12, 2009, 12:45:47 PM
Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on October 12, 2009, 12:40:25 PM

PM sent with css code. Thank in advance :D
Just attach style.css here ;)

SMF 2.0 RC5

TheListener

Quote from: Blah blah on October 12, 2009, 12:45:12 PM
Quote from: Sabre™ on October 12, 2009, 01:39:04 AM
Cool!

Can you say which ones were missing
Well when I installed it showed no errors, but when I went through the parse to see if all the codes where added two were missing.

primetime

all set.
Will be running an errand for  a bit.. back in 30 minutes.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I have made one change, but the code that was thought missing is already there.

If this edit does not work, it may be because you attached style.css from another theme.
Please ensure you attach the style.css from the theme your currently using.

SMF 2.0 RC5

primetime

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on October 12, 2009, 12:57:58 PM
I have made one change, but the code that was thought missing is already there.

If this edit does not work, it may be because you attached style.css from another theme.
Please ensure you attach the style.css from the theme your currently using.

No luck. The correct style is attached to the theme.

Advertisement: