AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fairytears

I don't think so, I think it's automatically the same color as your browser  :-\

I have another problem  :'(

I'm getting a pop up that says "object error"

mrtrc266

Quote from: fairytears on October 27, 2009, 01:14:24 AM
I don't think so, I think it's automatically the same color as your browser  :-\

I have another problem  :'(

I'm getting a pop up that says "object error"

That is an IE error, has nothing to do with AJAX Chat
https://www.adaptavist.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=27723664

newtech

Chat Users are randomly being dumped out of the chat room on a regular basis to the point the forum owner is frustrated. Any suggestions on what can be causing users to be dumped?

This happens when there as little as 2 users in the chat room or 5 users in the chat room.
Some of the errors that come up are:
(08:37:17) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 12031
(09:09:47) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 12152
(09:10:57) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 500
(19:55:17) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 2

One time they got the following error message when they were locked out of the chat room:
Internal Server ErrorThe server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

The hosting company is saying the errors are being caused by too many connections. How can there be too many connections when only two people are in the forum and chat room?

Note: I have created a seperate folder for avatars based upon documentation I read about avatars causing extra connections.

XTR

Looking for some help here.
I'm running tiny portal on my site so my manage.permissions.php looks like this:

'profile_upload_avatar' => false,
'profile_remote_avatar' => false,
),
// TinyPortal
'tinyportal' => array(
'tp_settings' => false,
'tp_blocks' => false,
'tp_articles' => false,
),
'tinyportal_dl' => array(
'tp_dlmanager' => false,
'tp_dlupload' => false,
),
'tinyportal_link' => array(
'tp_linkmanager' => false,
),
'tinyportal_gallery' => array(
'tp_gallery' => false,
),
'tinyportal_team' => array(
'tp_teampage' => false,
)
),
'board' => array(

The install instructions say to mod the file to look like this:

'profile_upload_avatar' => false,
'profile_remote_avatar' => false,
),
'chat' => array(
'chat_access' => false,
'chat_mod' => false,
'shout_view' => false,
'shout_access' => false,
'shout_mod' => false,
)
),
'board' => array(

so, how do I mod this to make it work?  I've tried a couple of edits and so far aI haven't gotten the right combination.  Right now I am the only user who can see the chat window and I can't get into permissions to set it to another configuration.  There may be some other bugs (Like no chat button) but if I can get the permissions right it should be OK.

If I revert to the original manage.permissions.php file everything else seems to be ok.  (With the original permissions file I can see and use the chat shoutbox)

edit: Can someone out there offer some help?  I've tried a number of edits putting the chat=>array in front of and after the tinyportal =>array but I still haven't gotten it to work.

SpeedForums

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on October 24, 2009, 05:16:52 PM
Quote from: SpeedForums on October 24, 2009, 04:09:55 PM
I cannot install it, simply when i click apply mod it returns to package site..

Check the error log, if its full of errors, clear it, then try to install the mod again, then check the error log again, report back! :)

Nothing :S, I cannot install it  :(

XTR

I got someone to mod the permissions code for me.  I got it running

Next question...

Error: Connection status: 504

Anyone know what this one means?  I've got one user that can't connect and keeps getting this one.

Harriet

Quote from: SpeedForums on October 28, 2009, 08:46:20 PM

Check the error log, if its full of errors, clear it, then try to install the mod again, then check the error log again, report back! :)

I'm having the same problem. Tried increasing permissions, checking the error log, nothing reported there. Can anyone help?

Andrew Evenstar

Quote from: Harriet on October 31, 2009, 01:35:34 AM
Quote from: SpeedForums on October 28, 2009, 08:46:20 PM

I'm having the same problem. Tried increasing permissions, checking the error log, nothing reported there. Can anyone help?

I have the same problem and I am using a custom theme.

Thanks,

Perrorist

I have integrated Ajax Chat into SMF and it works fine with the default theme. I've also copied over three files (BoardIndex.template.php, index.template.php, and style.css) into the Dilber theme (as recommended by mrtrc266 in response to lundana in March), but an error occurs when I enter the board:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getChatOnlineUserIDs() in [...]index.template.php

Any idea how to fix this?

kingkingston

Everything installs alright but i can't get it to work

ShawnH

i installed the mod ok, no errors in the install, and when i hit the chat button and the chat window opens i get it
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.13 OpenSSL/0.9.8k DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.thefragrack.com Port 80

can you tell me whats going wrong please

EroticJudge

Hi there i recently uploaded AjaxChat and have opened ShoutBox for my members.

The shoutbox is located right below my main menu and below the shout box are my recent posts.

Question
Is there a way to make the shoutbox half the width that it already is and move the recent posts beside it on the left side and not below it.

Im new to this smf but learning as i go along.
Take a look at what im talking about. http://eroticleague.com/welcome.html [nofollow]

king kratos

I installed this mod manually because when I attempted to use the package manager, it installed and said that it worked, but it didn't actually make any changes to the code.

That said, ever since I installed it, I continue to get errors in my error log showing "Undefined Index: chat" in my subs.php file. I looked at the link that it provided and this is what I get:

<?php
function setupMenuContext()
{
global $context$modSettings$user_info$txt$scripturl;

// Set up the menu privileges.
$context['allow_search'] = allowedTo('search_posts');
$context['allow_admin'] = allowedTo(array('admin_forum''manage_boards''sp_admin''sp_manage_settings''sp_manage_blocks''sp_manage_articles''sp_manage_pages''sp_manage_shoutbox''manage_permissions''moderate_forum''manage_membergroups''manage_bans''send_mail''edit_news''manage_attachments''manage_smileys'));
$context['allow_edit_profile'] = !$user_info['is_guest'] && allowedTo(array('profile_view_own''profile_view_any''profile_identity_own''profile_identity_any''profile_extra_own''profile_extra_any''profile_remove_own''profile_remove_any''moderate_forum''manage_membergroups''profile_title_own''profile_title_any'));
$context['allow_memberlist'] = allowedTo('view_mlist');
$context['allow_calendar'] = allowedTo('calendar_view') && !empty($modSettings['cal_enabled']);
$context['allow_moderation_center'] = $context['user']['can_mod'];
$context['allow_pm'] = allowedTo('pm_read');
$num = empty($modSettings['enableChatButtonNo']) ? count(chatOnlineUsers());
$chatButton $txt['chat'];
$chatButton .= ($num 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '';
$chatLink str_replace("index.php""chat/index.php"$scripturl);
if (!empty($modSettings['chatPopUp']))
$chatLink .= '" onclick="openWindow(this.href);this.blur();return false;';

$cacheTime $modSettings['lastActive'] * 60;

// All the buttons we can possible want and then some, try pulling the final list of buttons from cache first.
if (($buttonData cache_get_data('menu_buttons-' implode('_'$user_info['groups']) . '-' $user_info['language'], $cacheTime)) === null || time() - $cacheTime <= $modSettings['settings_updated'])
{
?>

The section that is highlighted as being the error is:

<?php
$chatButton 
$txt['chat'];
?>

I am not sure what to do to correct this error. I have attempted to remove that line, but that removes the chat button from my menu, throws up 'Undefined Variable: chatButton" errors, and messes up the chat pop up window.

How to I correct this issue so my error log isn't filled with hundreds of pages of "Undefined Index: chat" errors. The error is logged every time the page is refreshed.

Thank you,
Kratos

king kratos

I now have a suggestion. I suggest that you change the menu button in Subs.php. I suggest that you make the following change:
CHANGE FROM:

<?php
'chat' => array(
'title' => $txt['chat'],
'href' => $chatLink,
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),
?>

TO

<?php
'chat' => array(
'title' => $txt['chat'],
'href' => $chatLink,
'show' => allowedTo('chat_access'),
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),
?>

I am making this suggestion because I feel that if a membergroup is not allowed to have access to the Chat Mod, then they should not even be able to see that it exists.

Kratos

Arantor

Good suggestion there, king kratos, I like that idea :)

Sabre™

Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

ShawnH

Quote from: ShawnH on November 02, 2009, 08:28:48 PM
i installed the mod ok, no errors in the install, and when i hit the chat button and the chat window opens i get it
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.13 OpenSSL/0.9.8k DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.thefragrack.com Port 80

can you tell me whats going wrong please
anyone have any ideas?

king kratos

Thanks, I have to give credit to Arantor for pointing me to his Permissions documentation, which helped me to learn how to restrict button views like this.

Kratos

brion

My ajax chat mod had been working fine. I just tried to load it and now I get this error on a blank screen, and the SSI.php is untouched and where it normally is.

QuoteWarning: require(SSI.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fayt/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1746) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: require(SSI.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fayt/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1746) : eval()'d code on line 2

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'SSI.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/fayt/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1746) : eval()'d code on line 2

Hardcase

Guys i know this has happened before and i had the same issue, but i cannot for the life of me find the relevant post or anything related to it!  :(

Anyway my site has been using chat for some months now with very little issue, i have not uploaded any new mods or anything of the sort. But my chatroom no longer displays the text that people type, i have tried it myself both as a normal member and admin, yet nothing is displayed.

Any help appreciated or just point me in the right direction!

Thanks  :D

Advertisement: