News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nnick

Installed it too, and it works :)

How can I make it to only have link for the popup chat instead of the shoutbox?

mrtrc266

Quote from: nnick on December 17, 2009, 08:05:18 AM

Simply disable the shoutbox from your admin panel

h78509

This mod is awesome and works like a charm.

Has anyone succeeded in putting an Adsense banner in the chat window, below everything else?

sattninja

hello ok i upgraded from 1.1.11 to 2.0RC2 and downloaded the ajax chat for 2.0 RC2 i installed it and i see the shout header with the +- signs but there is no shout box i also see the chat button in the menu but when i click it it just loads a white page

any ideas
Running Rc4

Atheos23

Hello. I have this mod installed on rc2 in a portamx block and I'm looking for a way to change the size of the text input box. Ultimately I'd like to have this field a few lines long and the text wrap under but inwould be more than happy just shrinking the size a bit. Thank you.

nnick

Quote from: mrtrc266 on December 17, 2009, 12:53:18 PM
Quote from: nnick on December 17, 2009, 08:05:18 AM

Simply disable the shoutbox from your admin panel

I did that but can't find the link :( Is it maybe because I use another theme from the default?

playdiune

I just installed and i get this error on shout box (smf v. 1.1.11)

"(02:18:16) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 500"

how can i solve that ? thanks...
My personal forum is now improving thanks to the Power of SMF

http://www.new-digital.net

Arantor

That's been documented in this thread before - you can use the search topic option in the upper right of the screen to search for it here.

I even think the FAQ page linked from the mod's own page has this documented too.

topbuyer

@ mrtrc266, you are not responding to my query. Did I asked something wrong. Your thoughts would be help. Thanks for your time.

@smp420

Mate, Thanks for reply.

No errors while installing it. Tried installing again !

Pls suggest.

Quote from: topbuyer on December 12, 2009, 11:35:21 PM
Any help for me please !

Quote from: topbuyer on December 05, 2009, 03:17:48 AM
I had a look to FAQ earlier as well, just had read now again. But, I couldn't find the answer. Please suggest or point me specifically to FAQ section, if I  missed something in FAQ.

Adding my question here again, so that you don't have go back to look for my question

-----

I saw someone asked same question but looks like no answer as of now. When I type message and click submit button, message is not shown on screen. I tried this on firefox, IE, Chrome.

SMF Version - 1.1.10
AjaxChat Integration      3.2.1

Please suggest

-----
Quote from: mrtrc266 on November 28, 2009, 01:03:46 AM
@ zijO have you tried just refreshing after you've been away for awhile?

@ topbuyer have you taken a look at the FAQ's?

@ kerbob take a look a few pages back there is a download that someone ported to RC2

Quote from: smp420 on December 13, 2009, 02:08:25 AM
Are the any errors in your error log and did you get any errors when you installed it.

RydiaFromFF2

hey guys. Thanks for the help. I'd love to have this question answered please.

I've noticed if you stay in the chat room for a little bit it won't update after so long (My chatroom seems to stop collecting update data after a few mins of not sending a message) and was wondering how I could provent it from "timing" someone out.

z3rongod

I can't set permissions so that guests can only view the shoutbox and not be able to post any messages.

If i only enable view shoutbox the shoutbox is not visible for guests.

Guests permissions:
Access to chat  - NO
Moderate chat    - NO
View shoutBox - YES
Can shout - NO
Moderate shoutBox - NO

Any ideas?

deciph3red

I have installed this mod, and straight up can't figure out how to use it.

I am using a custom theme. . . however ive scimmed through these posts and can't find and answer to my question. . . how do you use it?

EDIT:  Added the link manually in my forum, however im hearing every single sound multiple times.  Any idea how to fix this, its very annoying and loud.

jjzx2sr

i was thinking about deleting the sound files myself once i find them the only thing i dont like about this chat is that it scrolls from the bottom up, id perfer from the top down and also to be able to edit something i wrote, aka fix mispelled words.  An archive wouldnt be a bad function.  I used minichat or Mchat on phpbb3 and it worked well, but i perfer SMF any day over phpbb3 so i wont complain to much lol... i did however increase how many lines are dispayed before they are cleared for 10 to 30 and that was an improvement.
If it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer.

deciph3red

Quote from: jjzx2sr on December 20, 2009, 02:29:52 AM
i was thinking about deleting the sound files myself once i find them the only thing i dont like about this chat is that it scrolls from the bottom up, id perfer from the top down and also to be able to edit something i wrote, aka fix mispelled words.  An archive wouldnt be a bad function.  I used minichat or Mchat on phpbb3 and it worked well, but i perfer SMF any day over phpbb3 so i wont complain to much lol... i did however increase how many lines are dispayed before they are cleared for 10 to 30 and that was an improvement.

Where are the features.  It would be nice to be able to initiate a chat with online users. . . or ateast see that someone is in chat (maybe a "Chat(1)" in the menu so I don't have to tell the guys to join chat. . . .)

A few problems I have.  There is no "Chat (#) or Chat (1)" in my theme, there is simply a button to incorporate "chat".  Its actually pretty pointless to use unless I go to my SMF site and see people chatting so I can jump in (I do game server support).  In options (features and options) the "popup chat" is confusing.  I had to modify my theme to open it in a target="_blank" window so it does not totally take out my site and overwrite it with the chat itself.  Using popup chat does nothing, however modifying the button actually makes it load a new window.

Im hoping im doing something wrong here, because in essence its a greate feature to have, however configuring it to work is absolutely retarded for something that does not code in PHP (which I actually do a little) and impossible to setup without having 180 questions on how to set it up in a custom theme.

iacomac

Hello,

someone tested on SMF 2.0 RC2?

thank you
My english teacher has committed suicide in despair, forgive my english...

Arantor

iacomac: Go back the last page or so. Someone made an RC2 version and attached it to this thread.

iacomac

Thank you, The Grinch!

Here I'm solved!

[it works!]
My english teacher has committed suicide in despair, forgive my english...

Arantor

Awesome to hear :)

* The Grinch thinks when he returns to being Arantor after the festive jollity is over, people might get a little confused ;)

deciph3red

How do I fix this:

Also, I cant seem to change the bg color of the shoutbox. . . I did edit the config.php file and change the default theme to black, but I see no changes.

skyliner2

Thanks for the RC2 version!

I've made a german translation for the AjaxChat Integration, see attachment.

Regards
sky

Advertisement: