News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[unplugged]

Glad it's sorted for you....now go enjoy it.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

RoyalMess

Quote from: SunKing on March 12, 2010, 09:08:33 PM
@RoyalMess
create a text file on your computer called temp.htaccess and add RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA] to the very top of it using notepad. Upload this file to the same folder as the SSI.php. Once uploaded, remove "temp" from the file name so that the file is now called .htaccess.

The SSI.php is located in my httpdocs but added the .htaccess doesn't do a thing. :(
I just DLed the Ajax Chat installation rar/zip and i see that the .htaccess is located in that in the Chat/Lib should i upload it there?

ThomasLindgren

Quote from: SunKing on March 12, 2010, 09:19:19 AM
Check that the folders are set to 755, and the files are set to 644 for both the chat and shoutBox folders. The index.php file in each of those folders needs to be set at 755.
It seems that everything is set to 777, is that a problem?

The files are in "forum\packages\temp\", is that correct? Seems strange that they are in a temp folder?

[unplugged]

Quote from: RoyalMess on March 13, 2010, 06:15:46 AM
@RoyalMess
create a text file on your computer called temp.htaccess and add RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA] to the very top of it using notepad. Upload this file to the same folder as the SSI.php. Once uploaded, remove "temp" from the file name so that the file is now called .htaccess.

The SSI.php is located in my httpdocs but added the .htaccess doesn't do a thing. :(
I just DLed the Ajax Chat installation rar/zip and i see that the .htaccess is located in that in the Chat/Lib should i upload it there?

Every folder on your server can have an .htaccess in it, and each one can have it's own set of rules. I learned this the hard way after about 3 or 4 months of trying to find a solution. (You can follow that timeline here in the earlier posts of this thread.) If adding the RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA] to the top of the .htaccess that is located in the same folder as the SSI.php didn't work, then that's simply not the right solution to your particular problem.

Quote from: ThomasLindgren on March 13, 2010, 08:08:41 AM
Quote from: SunKing on March 12, 2010, 09:19:19 AM
Check that the folders are set to 755, and the files are set to 644 for both the chat and shoutBox folders. The index.php file in each of those folders needs to be set at 755.
It seems that everything is set to 777, is that a problem?

The files are in "forum\packages\temp\", is that correct? Seems strange that they are in a temp folder?

The permissions need to be set as described above. The temp folder simply holds the files until they have been installed, and is perfectly normal to have files in it during such an installation
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

RoyalMess

Quote from: SunKing on March 13, 2010, 09:12:28 AM
Quote from: RoyalMess on March 13, 2010, 06:15:46 AM
@RoyalMess

Every folder on your server can have an .htaccess in it, and each one can have it's own set of rules. I learned this the hard way after about 3 or 4 months of trying to find a solution. (You can follow that timeline here in the earlier posts of this thread.) If adding the RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA] to the top of the .htaccess that is located in the same folder as the SSI.php didn't work, then that's simply not the right solution to your particular problem.

The chatbox only gets lets say "broken" when i change the default language/theme and rename the chatbox.

beau1943

Sunking.............subs.php attached.........thank you

jarska

[unplugged]

Quote from: beau1943 on March 13, 2010, 10:07:14 AM
Sunking.............subs.php attached.........thank you

There are a lot of posts here recently. Can you please remind this old brain what it is you need done to the Subs.php?  ::)

[unplugged]

@jarska

The attached file should have you all set. If you decide to ignore more boards, simply add the board ID to the array (comma separated).

beau1943

Sunking............chat and shout does not allow any posting......popup opens but shout box and chat does not recognize user.  I am signed in to my forum.......remember I am using 1.1.11 ......you asked that I send you the subs.php file......for what reason I don't know.....the url of my forum is http://usworldforums.com........

Thanks
beau1943

[unplugged]

Well I apologize then. I must have been half asleep. ;)

You need to check a few things for me and then we can go from there.

Check the permissions (chmod) of the files and folders. Make sure all of the folders in both chat and shoutBox folders are set to 755 and the files are set to 644 (except for the index.php in the chat and shoutBox folders which needs to also be 755). Check to see if there is an .htaccess file in the same folder as the SSI.php. If there is, then add RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA] to the very top of the file, on its own line. If there's not an .htaccess file, you need to create one. To do this, create a simple text file on your computer using notepad. Name it temp.htaccess and add the RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA] to the very first line. Save the file. Upload it to the same folder as the SSI.php and remove the "temp" from the file so it is named .htaccess by itself.

If none of the above fixes your issue, you can also PM me your FTP details and I can make the changes for you. This is by no means necessary, and I will not be offended if you decline.

jarska

Quote from: SunKing on March 13, 2010, 01:04:06 PM
@jarska

The attached file should have you all set.

But it is not working. It prevents all notifications now. :(

beau1943

Quote from: SunKing on March 13, 2010, 01:20:54 PM
Well I apologize then. I must have been half asleep. ;)

You need to check a few things for me and then we can go from there.

Check the permissions (chmod) of the files and folders. Make sure all of the folders in both chat and shoutBox folders are set to 755 and the files are set to 644 (except for the index.php in the chat and shoutBox folders which needs to also be 755). Check to see if there is an .htaccess file in the same folder as the SSI.php. If there is, then add RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA] to the very top of the file, on its own line. If there's not an .htaccess file, you need to create one. To do this, create a simple text file on your computer using notepad. Name it temp.htaccess and add the RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA] to the very first line. Save the file. Upload it to the same folder as the SSI.php and remove the "temp" from the file so it is named .htaccess by itself.

If none of the above fixes your issue, you can also PM me your FTP details and I can make the changes for you. This is by no means necessary, and I will not be offended if you decline.

I don't have a SSI.php in any file........I have a .htaccess in the socket file...I redid the permissions and made a temp.htaccess file

[unplugged]

@jarska
Try if(!in_array($board, array(0, 3))){ in your Post.php in place of the line that's there (two times).

[unplugged]

Quote from: beau1943 on March 13, 2010, 02:04:15 PM
I don't have a SSI.php in any file........I have a .htaccess in the socket file...I redid the permissions and made a temp.htaccess file

It should be located at /usworld/forum/SSI.php

That is also where the .htaccess file needs to be.

beau1943

Quote from: SunKing on March 13, 2010, 02:11:35 PM

Sunking........working like a charm....will take care of you and would like you to be my smf advisor in future........Beau

[unplugged]

Quote from: beau1943 on March 13, 2010, 02:19:49 PM
Quote from: SunKing on March 13, 2010, 02:11:35 PM

Sunking........working like a charm....will take care of you and would like you to be my smf advisor in future........Beau

I'm glad you have it sorted. Enjoy!

ShadoWind

Here's the index.template file that you requested along with a copy of the updated list of Mods that I've installled just in case any of them affected this file:

Mod Name   Version   
1.   Xbox LIVE GamerTag BBC    1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.   Google Translator Flags    1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.   Skype Integration    2.1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.   Member NotePad    1.0.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.   Best 3    0.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.   New Topic Button    1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.   Ultimate Profile    0.9     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.   Attachments in Topics    1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.   FontandSizeDropdown_1.3    1.3   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.   Guest Attachment Preview    1.0.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.   Change Forum Cursor    1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.   Enhanced Profile    1.1.5   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.   SMF Archive    2.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.   Reason For Editing Mod    2.3.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.   Profile Comments    2.0   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.   Team Page    3.5.4     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17.   Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags    1.8     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
18.   MySpace Field    2.5   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
19.   Aeva Media    1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
20.   Akismet Spam Blocking    1.2 Beta 2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
21.   OS & Browser Detection    1.4   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
22.   Clickable Avatars    1.1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
23.   Inline Hover Spoiler    1.5     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
24.   httpBL    2.3.4     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
25.   Enhanced Profile Header Language Pack    1.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
26.   Lay out change    0.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
27.   Advanced XFire Field    2.0a   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
28.   SMF Links    2.1.2   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
29.   Ad Managment    2.3.6.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
30.   Redirect Error 404    1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
31.   Amazon Search    1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
32.   Amazon MP3    1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
33.   Enhanced Side Menus    1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
34.   reCAPTCHA for SMF    0.9.7     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
35.   Google Analytics Code    1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
36.   Advanced Popup Xbox Gamertag    1.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
37.   Last Post On MemberList    1.01   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
38.   ZuneCard    1.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
39.   Social Bookmarks    2.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
40.   Share This Topic    1.4     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
41.   PM Popup - Uses Active Window    1.4     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
42.   Space Between Posts    2.0   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
43.   Audible PM    1.5     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
44.   RSS Feed Icon    1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
45.   Skype Integration    2.1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
46.   Enhanced Profile Header    1.2.3     [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
47.   Admin color in topic view    0.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
48.   BK-SMF StatCounter    1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
49.   Unread and Replies Tabs in Main Menu    3.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
50.   Discourage IE6    2.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
51.   Board Notification Mod    1.1.6     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
52.   Topic_Locked_Message    2.1   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
53.   Search Board and Topic texts    1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
54.   Twitter and Facebook Publisher mod    2.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
55.   Pm Number in All Pages    1.0   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
56.   Timezone Select    1.1.2   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
57.   Fix Message Empty Error For Embed Video Mods    1.0   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
58.   Favicon    1.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
59.   Delete Spam Posts    1.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
60.   Caps_Lock_Detection_on_Login    1.1.0.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
61.   TinyPortal    1.083   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
62.   Tagging System    2.2.1   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
63.   Ban Link in Post    1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
64.   Top 10 Posters and Topic Starters Stats (Today, This Week, This Month)    2.4.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
65.   Forum Name as Prefix for Forum Title    1.0   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
66.   Copyright & Footer Links | S-Ace    3.0   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
67.   Link Thumbnail    1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
68.   Profile Comments    2.0   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
69.   Anti-Bot Registration Puzzles    1.2.0.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
70.   Remove MySQL, PHP & W3C images to minimize footer size    1.2   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
71.   AjaxChat Integration    3.2.1   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
72.   Blabberizer    2.1u     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
73.   Select All And Copy 'Code' To Clipboard [BETA]    1.3   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
74.   PM Readed    1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
75.   Auto Complete Search    1.0   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
76.   Enhanced Dropdown    1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
77.   Google Search Your Site    1.0.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
78.   Enhanced PM Warning Message    1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
79.   Amazon DVD    1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
80.   Advanced Reputation System    0.1.5   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
81.   Twitter Profile Field    2.2   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
82.   AJAX Personal Text    1.0.2   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
83.   SMF 1.0.19 / 1.1.11 Update    1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
84.   Tidy Child Boards    1.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
85.   BK-SMF Sub-Board    1.5     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
86.   cbi, 1.0    1.5.7   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
87.   AJAX Instant Quick Reply    1.0.2   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
88.   No More Ugly Avatar Scrollbars    1.0   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
89.   SimplePortal    2.3.1   [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
90.   Country Flags    1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
91.   SMF Staff Page    1.7     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
92.   PSN GamerCard BBC    1.5   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

[unplugged]

ShadoWind

I've replaced the index.template file with the one you gave me and now it's saying that it's failed the test as well as the managepermissions template file which i've enclosed here...

Advertisement: