AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

You can just disable the shoutbox (on all pages) then add the HTML embed code into Index.Template.php in side a echo.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

new200

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on June 25, 2010, 03:22:12 PM
You can just disable the shoutbox (on all pages) then add the HTML embed code into Index.Template.php in side a echo.

can you provide me the echo codes?

bahgheera

Has anyone figured out how to get the shoutbox to not eat the first thing you type?

miDnIghtEr20C

i'm on godaddy, and i can't find a way for it to let me modify permissions.   :(    i just got off the phone with the dude.. he said i need to make some kind of htaccess point folder or something.. i just don't get it.       filezilla says that it doesn't understand the command when i change it with that either...    i just want my chat back up.  :(

bahgheera

Eh... do you have an FTP program? Can you modify files on your server? You must be able to, otherwise you wouldn't be here. The dude means you need an .htaccess file. I don't know what that would have to do with permissions though. How are you uploading your files to the server? If you're using an FTP program, you can modify permissions with that, usually by right clicking the folder / file and selecting Properties.

miDnIghtEr20C

ya.. i don't know what's going on.     all i know is that i did an update because the guys at godaddy told me to... but then i noticed and told them... no.. i'm already at 1.1.11 on my smf, and that it showing a 1.1.10 is wrong, because even my site says it's at 1.1.11... so then when i did the update, it said there was an error.    so it asked me if i wanted to do a roll back... i clicked yes... and then all my mods were gone.      they were there.. but they weren't applied.

so i had to re apply all my mods, and everything is back to normal.. except for the last one.. which is this ajax chat.     now every time i go to install it, it gives me a 500 error, and i can't change the permissions on my folders!  :D   yay!    i talked to the guy at godaddy to no avail.       it worked perfect before..and now i can't get past the install.

i have filezilla going, and every time i change the permissions, it says Response:   500 'SITE CHMOD 755 index.php': command not understood

d'oh!

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: new200 on June 25, 2010, 04:23:36 PM
Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on June 25, 2010, 03:22:12 PM

can you provide me the echo codes?

Please attach your index.template.php file, as I do not have Ajax Shoutbox integrated, So I can see your current coding.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

bahgheera

Wow, thats pretty weird there Midnight. Not sure what to tell you in that case, I guess it's up to godaddy tech support. You should be able to change permissions on your files and directories. Well, unless you got some kind of rock-bottom hosting package that's like, $1 a month on a shared server or something. Sorry I can't help you.

Oh, one thing - are you using the latest version of Filezilla?

miDnIghtEr20C

i'll have to check if i am or not... i think so though.. but ya.... i'm screwed.    have to use the sparks chat thing right now.

mrtrc266

Quote from: dujapa on June 25, 2010, 01:22:32 PM
I solve my problem in install with a change in file Tables_1.1.X.php.

Was there a reason why you didn't/couldn't just install it via the package manager in your forums admin panel?

mrtrc266

Quote from: bahgheera on June 25, 2010, 04:33:52 PM
Has anyone figured out how to get the shoutbox to not eat the first thing you type?

Seems like it might be just a little lag, attach your /chat/lib/config.php file.

mrtrc266

Quote from: miDnIghtEr20C on June 25, 2010, 10:15:46 PM
i'll have to check if i am or not... i think so though.. but ya.... i'm screwed.    have to use the sparks chat thing right now.

PM me a temp admin account to your forum and a temp FTP access account and I'll take a look if you like, you have me curious.

miDnIghtEr20C

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 25, 2010, 10:20:55 PM
Quote from: miDnIghtEr20C on June 25, 2010, 10:15:46 PM

PM me a temp admin account to your forum and a temp FTP access account and I'll take a look if you like, you have me curious.
i'm that guy who's all scared to do that stuff.. and not even really know how to do it temporarily.     :(   sorry.. pm me i guess if you still want to help in any other way.. i can take screen shots and all that stuff.

lol.. i know you're the man here.. but still... i'm that idiot.   sorry.

miDnIghtEr20C

what do i upload that one into?    sorry... i'm not to smart at this stuff unless told what to do.. then usually i can find the right spots to do what needs to be done.  :)

bahgheera

miDnIghtEr20C

ok cool.    :)    ya my problem is weird.....    oh well... i'm sure everything will work itself out.   :)

JPA

@hunter, maybe some default themes for the shoutbox display board? White is a little seering for my taste.  Love the mod though, It rocks on 2.0 rc3!
As above, so below.

mrtrc266

Quote from: bahgheera on June 26, 2010, 02:06:06 AM
Here you go.

Everything seems to be fine, was just curious. Not sure why it lags on the first shout though, you seem to have a rare issue. Hopefully it will be resolved in a new release coming soon.

mrtrc266

Quote from: findyourcalm on June 26, 2010, 09:33:37 PM
@hunter, maybe some default themes for the shoutbox display board? White is a little seering for my taste.  Love the mod though, It rocks on 2.0 rc3!

Just play with /chat/css/shoutbox.css to get it to coordinate with your theme. Also edit /shoutBox/css/shoutbox.css if you don't have your shout and chat integrated.

Advertisement: