News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looneysam

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 02, 2010, 01:20:22 AM
Quote from: Looneysam on July 01, 2010, 01:19:58 PM
I have read the FAQs and searched over most of the post in this thread and even tried searching, but I still haven't found a solution to this problem.

the chat and shoutbox work most of the time,  but the shoutbox will randomly drop shouts sometimes it is the first shout then at other times it will be in the middle of a conversation.

I have changed the user timeout to 60 minutes but that didn't help I also changed the response time to 500 that didn't help either.

I saw several post about this during my search but never a clear answer as to what is causing the problem or how to correct it.

any help would be appreciated.

Check the log to see if they're really not sticking. If they're in the log then your server just might be lagging and try waiting a few more seconds for it to show.

First, mrtrc266 thanks for your response.

I have checked the log for the shoutbox and the messages that didn't post are not there.

Celia N. Foster

When I try to install this mod for my 2.0 RC3 forum, it tells me there are the following errors:

Execute Modification     ./index.php     Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./index.php    Test failed
*    2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
   3.    Extract File    ./Sources/AChat.php    
   4.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/AChat.template.php    
   5.    Extract Tree    ./Sources/AChat    
   6.    Execute Code    AChat_setup.php    
-----------------------------------------------------

What should I do so it installs correctly? Please advise me. Thanks!!!

-Celia

TheListener

This means that some manual edits are required.

Which version smf are you using?

make sure it was the correct mod version you were installing.

Celia N. Foster

I am using the latest version: 2.0 RC 3, as I posted earlier. What/which manual edits do I need to do to make it work? Explain in minute detail. I downloaded this mod:

With this you can have a fast AjaxChat and a shoutbox in your forum.

* Author: .HuNTeR.
    * Submitted On: August 06, 2008, 02:45:56 AM
    * Last Updated: May 18, 2010, 10:16:51 PM
    * Total Downloads: 51541
    * SMF Versions: 1.1.5, 1.1.6, 1.1.7, 1.1.8, 1.1.9, 1.1.10, 1.1.11, 2.0 RC1, 2.0 RC1-1, 2.0 RC1.2, 2.0 RC3

TheListener

If you go to the parser which is on the same page where you downloaded the mod from.

Have a look at the files which stated test failed and follow the instructions.

Celia N. Foster

Celia N. Foster

Still the same errors after manual install.

mrtrc266

Quote from: Celia N. Foster on July 02, 2010, 06:45:36 PM
When I try to install this mod for my 2.0 RC3 forum, it tells me there are the following errors:

Execute Modification     ./index.php     Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./index.php    Test failed
*    2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
   3.    Extract File    ./Sources/AChat.php   
   4.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/AChat.template.php   
   5.    Extract Tree    ./Sources/AChat   
   6.    Execute Code    AChat_setup.php   

-Celia

That Mod is not the mod that was downloaded from here http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1319

The AJAX Chat Integration mod DOES NOT contain a file called "AChat_setup.php" or "AChat.template.php" you must be trying to install a different chat mod.

mrtrc266

Quote from: Looneysam on July 02, 2010, 12:23:05 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 02, 2010, 01:20:22 AM
Quote from: Looneysam on July 01, 2010, 01:19:58 PM
I have read the FAQs and searched over most of the post in this thread and even tried searching, but I still haven't found a solution to this problem.

the chat and shoutbox work most of the time,  but the shoutbox will randomly drop shouts sometimes it is the first shout then at other times it will be in the middle of a conversation.

I have changed the user timeout to 60 minutes but that didn't help I also changed the response time to 500 that didn't help either.

I saw several post about this during my search but never a clear answer as to what is causing the problem or how to correct it.

any help would be appreciated.

Check the log to see if they're really not sticking. If they're in the log then your server just might be lagging and try waiting a few more seconds for it to show.

First, mrtrc266 thanks for your response.

I have checked the log for the shoutbox and the messages that didn't post are not there.

Have you tried uninstalling dropping the tables and re-installing, something didn't go right it seems.

mrtrc266

Quote from: miDnIghtEr20C on July 02, 2010, 12:10:35 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 02, 2010, 01:24:01 AM
Quote from: miDnIghtEr20C on July 01, 2010, 06:35:55 PM
and just like that.. after trying again, and getting a 500 error.. and then refreshing... IT EXTRACTED ALL OVER THE PLACE!    I'M BACK BOYS! ;D

i have no idea what the problem was or is.. or anything..   

now to find the link where i can change the I/m to I'm :)

Look on the last page, Reply #6746
ahhh yes.    thank you sir.   :)              now if i can just figure out what's give me Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\Hosting\4968445\html\Sources\Subs.php  on line 321 on my site, and causing 500 errors as well.    i try and try, but i run forum error check, and it says i'm good.       don't know what would be corrupt  on that line there.   

What's on line 321?

mrtrc266

Quote from: TheInfostrides.Com on July 02, 2010, 06:12:49 AM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 01, 2010, 11:22:20 AM
Quote from: TheInfostrides.Com on June 30, 2010, 07:39:57 PM
I just installed Ajax Chat today and everything installed successfully except "Source/BoardIndex.php" code that I entered manually but click on "Chat" redirect me to the home page.

I have all permissions set properly and .htaccess files are appropriate. I am confused what could have caused the issue. The website in question is http://www.theinfostrides.com

Please help!

That's odd, what other Mods do you have installed?

Not sure, what's in the .htaccess file that's located in your forums root folder (the same folder that you SSI.php is located).

miDnIghtEr20C

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 02, 2010, 09:44:11 PM
Quote from: miDnIghtEr20C on July 02, 2010, 12:10:35 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 02, 2010, 01:24:01 AM
Quote from: miDnIghtEr20C on July 01, 2010, 06:35:55 PM
and just like that.. after trying again, and getting a 500 error.. and then refreshing... IT EXTRACTED ALL OVER THE PLACE!    I'M BACK BOYS! ;D

i have no idea what the problem was or is.. or anything..   

now to find the link where i can change the I/m to I'm :)

Look on the last page, Reply #6746
ahhh yes.    thank you sir.   :)              now if i can just figure out what's give me Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\Hosting\4968445\html\Sources\Subs.php  on line 321 on my site, and causing 500 errors as well.    i try and try, but i run forum error check, and it says i'm good.       don't know what would be corrupt  on that line there.   

What's on line 321?
i found that file.. but i have no idea how to tell what line 321 is.  :-[  like the actual count of sentences?   that 321 on sources always seems to pop up.

Celia N. Foster

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 02, 2010, 09:40:21 PM
Quote from: Celia N. Foster on July 02, 2010, 06:45:36 PM

Execute Modification     ./index.php     Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./index.php    Test failed
*    2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
   3.    Extract File    ./Sources/AChat.php   
   4.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/AChat.template.php   
   5.    Extract Tree    ./Sources/AChat   
   6.    Execute Code    AChat_setup.php   

-Celia

That Mod is not the mod that was downloaded from here http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1319

The AJAX Chat Integration mod DOES NOT contain a file called "AChat_setup.php" or "AChat.template.php" you must be trying to install a different chat mod.

I am trying to install the  AjaxChat Integration_3.2.1 RC3_Curve_Friendly.zip mod and still get the following errors:
*     1.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/Admin.php     Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
*    2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/BoardIndex.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Sources/BoardIndex.php    Test failed
      2.    Add After    ./Sources/BoardIndex.php    Test successful
*    3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
      3.    Add Before    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
*    4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
*    5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test successful
      3.    Add Before    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test successful
*    6.    Execute Modification    ./SSI.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./SSI.php    Test successful
*    7.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
      2.    Add After    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
*    8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
*    9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
      2.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed

*    10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
   11.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.persian.php    Skipping file
   12.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Shout.template.php    
   13.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Shout.english.php    
   14.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Shout.persian.php    
   15.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/shoutbox.css    
   16.    Extract Tree    ./chat    
   17.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/css    
   18.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/flash    
   19.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/img    
   20.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/js    
   21.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/lib    
   22.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/socket    
   23.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/sounds    
   24.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/src    
   25.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox    
   26.    Execute Code    Tables_2.php    
-----------------------------------------------
What am I doing wrong???

mrtrc266

@ Celia N. Foster

You're not doing anything wrong, some other mods have moved the code around that the package is looking for. This is very common after installing multiple mods. ALL Mods are made to install on a CLEAN & FRESH install of SMF.

Use the Mods package parser found on the page where you downloaded this from and it will show you what edits need to be done. Take a look at the files that failed the test, install the mod then do the edits manually.
If you can
If you can't get it going you can PM me a temp admin account to your forum and your FTP details and I can get it going for you.

mrtrc266

@ miDnIghtEr20C

Use a text editor like Notepad++ then open the file and look for that line.

miDnIghtEr20C

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 02, 2010, 11:52:02 PM
@ miDnIghtEr20C

Use a text editor like Notepad++ then open the file and look for that line.
i'll check that out, and report back.   thanks. 

edit.. if i did it right.. and what i did was just select all, and then paste into that notepad ++..... but line 321...

$ret = mysql_query($db_string, $db_connection);

Celia N. Foster

I already tried to edit it manually. It doesn't work.

InfoStrides

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 02, 2010, 09:46:33 PM
Quote from: TheInfostrides.Com on July 02, 2010, 06:12:49 AM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 01, 2010, 11:22:20 AM
Quote from: TheInfostrides.Com on June 30, 2010, 07:39:57 PM
I just installed Ajax Chat today and everything installed successfully except "Source/BoardIndex.php" code that I entered manually but click on "Chat" redirect me to the home page.

I have all permissions set properly and .htaccess files are appropriate. I am confused what could have caused the issue. The website in question is http://www.theinfostrides.com

Please help!

That's odd, what other Mods do you have installed?

Not sure, what's in the .htaccess file that's located in your forums root folder (the same folder that you SSI.php is located).

Please find below content of my .htaccess file.

QuoteRewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA]

w4rheart

Quote from: w4rheart on July 01, 2010, 05:51:24 PM

My shoutbox is not working. I am not able to shout, the shoutbox is blank etc..
Funny thing is, that when I first installed this mod (like 5 days ago) everything worked fine!
(I just got this 500 error thing, because I forgot to set the permissions, but then it worked)

But now I have no idea why it is not working again. I tried the .htaccess thing described in the FAQs, but my .htaccess files had the lines added already.

So, what am I supposed to do?  :( Is it possible, that something went wrong while uninstalling? How can i check it?

help pls  :(
btw it is also weird, that whenever I reinstall this mod, all options i edited in the administration menu  are exactly the way before I reinstalled it, e.g.: I disable all functions (like integrate sbox and chat), reinstall and all functions are disabled. I can do it the other way round with everything enabled or whatever, same thing!
So that means that these options are somehow saved, but I think that should not be, or am I wrong?
After a fresh install everything should be set back unless it was uninstalled in a wrong way, or not?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: w4rheart on July 03, 2010, 07:42:03 AM
Quote from: w4rheart on July 01, 2010, 05:51:24 PM

My shoutbox is not working. I am not able to shout, the shoutbox is blank etc..
Funny thing is, that when I first installed this mod (like 5 days ago) everything worked fine!
(I just got this 500 error thing, because I forgot to set the permissions, but then it worked)

But now I have no idea why it is not working again. I tried the .htaccess thing described in the FAQs, but my .htaccess files had the lines added already.

So, what am I supposed to do?  :( Is it possible, that something went wrong while uninstalling? How can i check it?

help pls  :(
btw it is also weird, that whenever I reinstall this mod, all options i edited in the administration menu  are exactly the way before I reinstalled it, e.g.: I disable all functions (like integrate sbox and chat), reinstall and all functions are disabled. I can do it the other way round with everything enabled or whatever, same thing!
So that means that these options are somehow saved, but I think that should not be, or am I wrong?
After a fresh install everything should be set back unless it was uninstalled in a wrong way, or not?

Did you try to CHMOD the ./chat and ./shoutbox directory and all the files in them to 755, that sounds like the issue here

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Advertisement: