AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tRu3_sKiTz0

Okay pretty much everything is working except that when I click one of the main configurations such admin>Configuration. It doesn't go anywhere but when I click a drop down option it works fine. I will try to install ajax again from here.

tRu3_sKiTz0

Okay I installed ajax and I can access the options now, but now I am getting an error in the pop up:
QuoteInternal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.usgrantdiscussions.com Port 80

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: tRu3_sKiTz0 on August 18, 2010, 07:14:09 PM
Okay pretty much everything is working except that when I click one of the main configurations such admin>Configuration. It doesn't go anywhere but when I click a drop down option it works fine. I will try to install ajax again from here.

Configuration is not actually a link, its the top of the menu. its not supposed to go anywhere, it will be selected when you pick something from the menu options..

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?
How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

Chmod the shoutbox and chat directories to 0755, make sure it applies to all sub directories and files too.

SMF 2.0 RC5

tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0

Okay it's up and running. Last two questions: Are there any files and/or directories that are not safe to be set to 755, or rather what would happen if I chmodded all files to 755? I just chmodded the files in the main directory and the ones in the lib directories for both the shoutbox and the chat.

At this point I am using a fresh install and would like to add the topic notify mod and I would also like my shouts to remain permanently or at least until the shoutbox is full.

Those are the last questions that I have.

failhorse

I have a weird issue. It appears the shout box on my site, hxxp:tfgn.org [nonactive] is whiting out, but only for some users. The box loads, the smiley's popup and whatnot but for some users they cannot see the shouts. (Box normally has a black background with grey text.)
There appears to be no reason for who is losing it. 
Some users can see it just fine with Win7,Vista, and XP on Firefox,Chome, and IE.
Others with the same OS/browser cannot.
Personally on a box with win7/(tested all browsers) i cannot see it. I go into the steam web browser I can. Then on laptop using the same internet connection Vista/(tested all browsers, I have no problem seeing it.

You can still post shouts as well, even if it's white. They show up normal for other users. Users seeing white don't see them, obviously.
Any ideas?

EDIT:
Could not figure out a simple solution. Reinstalled, and now it works correctly for everyone again. less the postbot which is strange in itself.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: tRu3_sKiTz0 on August 18, 2010, 07:32:34 PM
Okay it's up and running. Last two questions: Are there any files and/or directories that are not safe to be set to 755, or rather what would happen if I chmodded all files to 755? I just chmodded the files in the main directory and the ones in the lib directories for both the shoutbox and the chat.

At this point I am using a fresh install and would like to add the topic notify mod and I would also like my shouts to remain permanently or at least until the shoutbox is full.

Those are the last questions that I have.

Usually files are supposed to be chmodded to 644 and only directories to 755, I would recommend that way, but it should be fine on 755 for those files.

SMF 2.0 RC5

nCogNeato

Quote from: nCogNeato on August 17, 2010, 07:28:38 PM
Quote from: nCogNeato on August 17, 2010, 03:27:05 PM
SMF 1.1.11

I had some issues getting the CHAT button to display the (usercount).

/Sources/Load.php
and
/Themes/default/index.template.php

seemed to always be the root of my problems, so I went in and manually edited them.  The (usercount) now displays fine, but now the actual CHAT button only appears while logged out of the forum.  As soon as I log into the forum, the CHAT button disappears but the (usercount) remains which is weird.

Any suggestions are appreciated.  I'm hoping someone has experienced this before, but from my search results it doesn't appear so.  If needed I can attach a copy of my Load.php and index.template.php files when I return home tonight.

Files attached.

Anyone willing to take a crack at this?   :-[

Casual Adult Gaming Community

hcfwesker

I'm on SMF 1.1.11

I'm having trouble using a different MOD that I would like to use with the Ajax Chat.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=162490.msg1036843#msg1036843  <--- Link to MOD

I would love to cut down on ChatBox campers, and make where they do have to make at least 3 daily/weekly posts before having access to the chat.

I'm having trouble with the addition listed below I have to manually add.  I don't know which chat file is the main source file, let alone where the initial function begins :(

To do this add this code to the main source file for the section of the forum you want to restrict right after the brace ( { ) after the initial function call in the source directory file (example would be smf shop initial function call in the shop.php is function shop () { ) the code below goes right after that:

global $sourcedir;
  // If it is sunday allow everyone on.
require_once($sourcedir.'/RestrictAccess.php');
if ($context['user']['is_logged']){
echo RestrictAccess(2);
}

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=162490.msg2751173#msg2751173  <--- link to my post where support is obviously dead in there.

If this can't be done, will there be any upgrades that could add something like this , restrict members from chatbox until they make a few posts?

Thank You for your time. :)

eng_HK

Hi all
I installed this mod and everything works fine except for 1 point.

I use the forum 2.0Rc3 in english, my user in different language, italian.
If I enable the shout I cannot see what their wrote untill I go in my profile and change the language to italian too.

How can i use the forum in english and their in italian but also use the shout??

Thx

DutchJam

Greetings,

Had to install the Chat manually, the package manager form SMF 2.0 RC2 gives me an error while installing the 3.2.1 version.

Edited the files manually, but how can I run the tables_2.php file, which edits the MySQL database (I think)? When I try to run the file in my browser, I have no access?

Thanks!

-----
JamaicaForum.nl: http://www.jamaicaforum.nl

Stygian

Quick question.  On SMF 2.0 RC3 I show the time being horribly off for messages.  It is set to NULL in both config files, yet all messages are off by 3 hours and 34 minutes.  I have checked the server and forum times and they are correct.  Cannot track down the cause of this.

skoon

Hello all - hopefully I am posting this ion the correct forum - if not I apologize!

I recently installed AJAX on SMF 1.1.11 and it works fine with the standard default theme.  Of course - things are never that easy and as such the theme I would like to use "Mystic Jade" by dzinerstudio does not support AJAX chat.  I poked around to see if there were existing files with the code change (none I found) and then decided to try to change the code myself.  Below is what I ended up with:

the-fictionfactory(dot)com

(sorry for odd posting of url as the forum will not let me post an external link but I am not sure how to show anyone what is going on any other way...)

If you look closely to the right of the logout button you will see the chat link in green (it's evidently camouflaged for an ambush!) - I would prefer it appear with the rest of the menu in white - so there is issue number 1...

as for issue number 2 - when I click on any linked image or text there is this odd delay where the graphic (or graphic behind the text) will go black.  I am sure some code was screwed up along the way though having limited knowledge of code I haven't got a clue as to what I did...

So - at this point is it better to just try to start over and reset all the code or is it possible to fix this?

Thank you for taking a look!

shelley

EDIT: Just realized something else - it seems when I use the default theme and hop to chat it logs me in automatically but using the odd camouflaged button on the mystic jade theme it wants me to log in seperatley to AJAX.

TheListener

Hi Shelley

Were there any errors on install?

The mod may require a few manual edits before the menutab appears on the theme.

Have a look at http://ajcintegration.co.cc/index.php and also the FAQs in the first post of the mod.

There are many edits which can be added to the chat.

As for the link to your forum. That is an anti spam measure which will be in effect until you reach 10 posts.

skoon

Thanks for responding Brack.  There were no issues with the install and as I stated above it works fine with the default theme.  I found some information about loading the mod to an SMF package parser and followed the directions it gave me to modify the theme but it appears I botched the code somewhere along the line.

Good to know on the points thing!

hpm77

I just installed this mod on RC3, followed all steps without any error, but shoutbox is not working. Just completely blank. Cannot view anyone online. Cannot shout at all. When I switch to default Curve theme, it's working well.

I checked in /Themes/orangeline_alt_203, there is no BoardIndex.template.php file. In index.template.php file, there is no text, following the instruction either. How can I use this mod now please?

Thanks.

swatstj

i have the same prob with this and it dont work with the def theme any help

Stygian

That happens to me as well.  However, I found that if you go into the admin settings for chat and select "Intergrate Shoutbox and Chat" it works.

Advertisement: