AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carol_i28

I have installed version 3.3c, on smf 2.0.2 the shout box is awesome, but every time some posts, they have to hit "home" or refresh the page before the post shows in chat

RoCKeT-88

I have a question about this great mod.  How can you clear out private created rooms.  I created one and now its like a perm chat room in the list.

Thanks a lot!
Insert Witty Signature Here.

jmil

I got it working Great on my Forum with the Exception of adding the Button (Yes Custom Theme).

Here is what my other Buttons Codes look like in the "index.template.php":

// Show the [chat] button.
echo '
<li><a class="nav" href="', $scripturl, '?action=chat"><span>' , "Chat" , '</span></a></li>';

Here is the Parse Code:

/ the [chat] button
$chatPath = str_replace("index.php", "chat/index.php", $scripturl);
$num = (empty($modSettings['enableChatButtonNo'])) ? 0 : count(chatOnlineUsers());
echo $context['browser']['is_ie4'] ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '', '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_back">
<a href="', $chatPath, '"', empty($modSettings['chatPopUp']) ? 'target="_blank"' : ' onclick="openWindow(this.href);this.blur();return false;"', '>', $txt['chat'], ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '' , '</a>
</td>';

Trying to make it work on my theme! I can easily create the Chat Button (as you see above) and it shows on my template - Just cant figure out the code to incorporate it in my theme and look right!

Any Help would be great.

graaywolf

Quote from: hcfwesker on February 01, 2012, 11:02:50 AM
Quote from: Nimras on January 23, 2012, 08:15:53 PM
Same issue as Costner.

Shoutbox works but not chat and if i press chat i get:

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/nimras/yggdrasilempire.com/ToN/chat/lib/class/CustomAJAXChat.php on line 283

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/nimras/yggdrasilempire.com/ToN/chat/lib/class/CustomAJAXChat.php on line 283

I know this issue was fixed by installing the other chat package, but I think I duplicated this error, in case you wanted to try TECHNO's mod agagin.   It seems something must have no installed correctly in one of your language files.  Maybe Modifications.english.php   ... that will cause the pop-up chat to throw these errors.

I'm getting the same error (custom theme - Yem Ye�il Husami SMF version 2.0.2) i didn't see i fix i have version b of T3CHN0's versions installed....

Error:
Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/www/420boards.org/forums/chat/lib/class/CustomAJAXChat.php on line 283

here's a screen shot
pic #1: errors on top
pic #2: page down/chat window (user list blank - you can type in the send box but it don't save in the chat window)

(browser - firefox)

PS: My bad i just found the post with the fix...... it's working great on 2.0.2 on my custom theme..... thanks to the folks that worked on this mod...... my forums were dead without a real chat room

THANKZ GUYS!
I'm trying...

-=(GW)=-

Inti31

maybe useful for people who have problems with the chat.

I stated some posts ago that I installed sucessful the chat  but can't see the member in the chat else I was able to post sth.

That happen because of that mod: Wiki BBC.

I tried that out - i installed the chat first and it runs fine - I installed then Wiki BBC - the chat won't work anymore. So I just deinstalled the wiki bbc mod and now we are able to use that chat.

cheers Inti31

my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

Rushmead

Hello
On my Forum I've got The Chat and I have 3 Different Channels Admin_Only Moderators_Only and V.I.P. Is there a Way to Limit It  down so only V.I.P's Can Access V.I.P and public, Moderators can Access V.I.P and Moderators_Only and Public and Admins Can Access all? I've Added my Group V.I.P To it... Any Way? Anybody help?

Thanks Rushmead

TFroehlichIII

I can't get this to work on my 2.0.2, can someone please help me? Please PM me!!!

Roki [IN]

Quote from: T3CHN0 on December 04, 2011, 10:09:44 AM
Anyone Interested I have made updates or would rather say changes to Ajax 3.2.2b

I made 3 Custom Ajax Chats and tested on 2.0.1 > ""Anyone using 1.1.X that could test it and let others know if it works would be great""

Ajax Chat 3.3A
Is simply the install on custom themes should no longer be a problem
File permissions chmod 755 settings AUTO correct them selves on a normal hosted server such a blue hosting.
The shrink bar shows your forums name as well before the word ShoutBox and copyright removed from shrink bar as there is copyright
in the chat window. the other 2 Ajax Chat B and C have this as well and more
Chat window in 3.3a is the same as it was before in 3.2.2b and shoutbox window syill uses css settings for shoutbox colors.

B and C are the same except C has no shrink bar. I have a dark theme and found chat looks better without it.
No one ever shrinks the window anyway so to me was a waist of having it shrink,
But could stay there as well as it might look good on other sites! That's the reason for B still having the shrink bar.
SOUTBOX
More Emoticon
insert image button
sound off or on button
scroll off or on button
emoticons show or hide button
color select button
shrink bar removed ON C ONLY
virtual keyboard
shoutbox backgrown changes color to suit the forum it's installed on

Chat Window
More Emoticon
New style buttons for more modern look
Emoticons show or hide
virtual keyboard
All board index Channels removed, only public channel. users can still make there own channel with there own user name.
NEW Image for header. can be changed to your own forums header logo but keep file width and height the same.

AJAX CHAT B

AJAX CHAT C

Settings
Auto file permissions on install to set \shoutbox\ and \chat\index.php chmod settings to 755.
Also in the admin control a new link to member permissions board.

Notice the first 4 options are darker, as the last 2 are not important to the mod

Permisions
all I changed was the words to look darker here as well to help newbies locate the permissions faster

All the support on this MOD still stands. I only made changes to the pre 3.2.2b
No install edits have changed and the parser for 3.2.1 still applies if needed.

All I did was tell the install to place the edits in other places to fix the custom theme install problems.
some custom themes will still miss out on the numbering of who is in chat under the time, But believe me you don't want it there anyway
as it also shows at the bottom of the main index board and can show on the chat button as well if you want by selecting the 5th option in settings.

I don't think I missed anything. but if I did I will add it later

Over the next few days if you wish to have a look at Ajax Chat C working then go to this

Cheers, I hope you'll like the new edits

Hi,

I just installed T3CHN0's version of the AjaxChat on my SMF v2.0.2 forum. B4 this I also tried out the "AjaxChat v3.2.1 Curve Friendly" and it worked but my forum became slow and laggy periodically. Without the Mod installed the forum ran just fine. When I saw T3CHN0's latest version I decided to try out. I installed it and again the Mod worked fine and this time the forum works normal without any slowdowns or lags whatever.

But now the problem is that the Login / Register links and the Login fields dont display on the index page for Guests. Yes there is the Login menu item but me and my members really like the option of logging into the forum right from the forum index. When the T3CHN0's AjaxChat is uninstalled,the problem goes away and the Login options are there like b4, on the index page. Obviously, the Mod is making a change that's causing this but I don't know what change ofc :P

So I decided to post it here if T3CHN0 or anybody else can help me with this. I really like the new version and would like to keep using it but I can't afford to do without the Login options on the Board Index. If you can post any edits for the required template files or any other file I can attempt those edits and post the result back here.

I thank you for reading my post and also thank in advance for any help that I may get :)

Good day.

TheListener

Quote from: TFroehlichIII on April 11, 2012, 12:05:12 AM
I can't get this to work on my 2.0.2, can someone please help me? Please PM me!!!

Which version did you try?

Look for 3.2.2

TFroehlichIII

Quote from: Old Fossil on April 11, 2012, 02:09:14 PM
Quote from: TFroehlichIII on April 11, 2012, 12:05:12 AM

Which version did you try?

Look for 3.2.2

I have been looking for it, no luck....

TGB

Quote from: TGB on January 17, 2011, 08:07:17 PM
Where can I set the number of messages displayed in the shoutbox?

??  I don't want it to clear out old messages.
www.dreamcasthaven.com <----- Running SMF 1.1.16 & heavily modified
www.psxhaven.com <----- Running SMF 1.1.16 & heavily modified
www.romhaven.info <----- Running SMF 1.1.16 & heavily modified
www.bthaven.com <----- Running TT 2.06

Saahilk2000

Does this chat mod runs of the same server that the site does? Or is it like NChat that doesnt use any bandwidth? Can someone clarify this please?

IngeJones

A big thank you to t3chn0 for updating this mod.  I have just installed 3.2.3b to SMF 2.0.2 with no hiccups at all, everything worked exactly as it should :)

Inti31

Quote from: IngeJones on April 13, 2012, 12:40:50 PM...I have just installed 3.2.3b to SMF 2.0.2 with no hiccups at all,...
Where did you find this version ?

cheers Inti31
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

IngeJones

IngeJones

Quote from: Wilcop™ on March 23, 2012, 06:41:06 PM
Help me the name "ChatBot" is gone and is still standing in config.php.
I'am using SMF 2.0.2 and AjaxChat Integration_3.3c.

You need to edit fonts.css where it says "#content #chatList span.chatBot"   Someone has made it 0.0em which is, er, too small to see :D   Make it 0.9em and then he's the same as other users.

Tonyvic

Quote from: Tonyvic on March 06, 2012, 07:00:09 AM
Running SMF 2.0.2 & AjaxChat Integration3.2.2b

This Mod runs without a hitch for me, until I install the 'Hide Avatars from Guests' Mod.
After which the memberlist in Chat is empty & messages don't transfer to the main window (or get sent) when submitted, 'Users in chat' in 'Users Online' shows the names ok . I checked in the database & everthing submitted is in there.

I have tried the fixes in FAQS:
Quotecaused by either other Mods or some servers
but nothing seems to solve the problem.

Any ideas would be very welcome.

Still haven't got an answer for the problem! :(
I would really appreciate some help with this as both Chat & Hiding avatars from guests are important to my forum.

TIA for any offers,
Tony

TheListener

Quote from: Saahilk2000 on April 12, 2012, 11:41:46 PM

Does this chat mod runs of the same server that the site does? Or is it like NChat that doesnt use any bandwidth? Can someone clarify this please?

The chat is on the same server.

graaywolf

:) i just dropped in to tell all the folks who worked to update & Support this mod THANK YOU!

I'm trying...

-=(GW)=-

Advertisement: