AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcfwesker

Quote from: Nikz11 on October 16, 2012, 12:21:54 PM
The author of this mod obviously has abandoned this project and that's really such a shame. I hope someone picks up where this guy left of because I've been looking for a Forum Chatbox for so long. One that is fully working and looks good aswell. I liked the SMFPacks Shoutbox it looked integrated my forums style with the chatbox straight away and it just looked really good although that's a ShoutBox and i need a chatbox :|.

AjaxChat has like 10 different theme styles you can chose from, and set which style you want as the default.

Check the instructions and attached package from this link  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg3414509#msg3414509

emmjaibi

Quote from: hcfwesker on October 16, 2012, 07:56:11 PM

AjaxChat has like 10 different theme styles you can chose from, and set which style you want as the default.

Check the instructions and attached package from this link  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg3414509#msg3414509

I'm confused - does the package attached to your referenced post differ from that on the original mod page (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1319)? It looks to be different in file size. What changed?  ???

hcfwesker

The package on the MOD page hasn't been updated since around july 2011, smf 2 RC3

It's the same MOd, just updated for SMF 2, meaning you'll have to emulate to SMF 2.0 in the package manager when installing

Loaf

I just migrated servers. I had to changed both my database name, and my server host uses public_html where as before it used httpdocs so this took some configuration changing.

Ajax chat is the last thing I need to fix.

I was getting errors related to settings.php and some of the files in /lib/class, it was breaking the window. When going back later, the errors had disappeared but now no members appear in the user list.

Wondering how I might be able to fix it. I imagine its to do with corrupt settings, any suggestions that don't include removing it altogether?

CandC

Well, I've read more of these 446 pgs than I care to admit trying to find what may indeed turn out to be a simple solution...with no luck.
Either I'm searching incorrectly or no one has asked yet.  ;D

I'm running this mod without any real issues other than people on Chrome are still experiencing the scroll not working properly.
I was however, after searching this topic - able to do the "fix" the sound issues and log in error msg for Chrome.  They're dealing with the scroll, knowing it's just something buggy because they're happy that the other two things were fixed  :)

Hoping a tweak I'd like to make is a simple one. 
We as a group used to be in a chat room that would let you reply to a user by clicking their name and it would appear in the reply window with the @ symbol before it.   In this chat, you can click a user name, and it will appear in the reply, but you have to punctuate or it will just flow into your comment.

Is there a simple edit that will allow the @ symbol to appear before a username if you click their name to reply?

Thanks in advance.

I'm using a customized default theme, 2.02 and open the chat in a new window.
I don't have the shoutbox enabled.

hcfwesker

Quote from: CandC on October 26, 2012, 01:17:36 PMI'm running this mod without any real issues other than people on Chrome are still experiencing the scroll not working properly.
I was however, after searching this topic - able to do the "fix" the sound issues and log in error msg for Chrome.  They're dealing with the scroll, knowing it's just something buggy because they're happy that the other two things were fixed  :)

Yeah, Chrome just derps every few months with ajax, the fix is usually with the FABridge.js file which I try to supply, but a new one hasn't been released that im aware of.

QuoteHoping a tweak I'd like to make is a simple one. 
We as a group used to be in a chat room that would let you reply to a user by clicking their name and it would appear in the reply window with the @ symbol before it.   In this chat, you can click a user name, and it will appear in the reply, but you have to punctuate or it will just flow into your comment.

Is there a simple edit that will allow the @ symbol to appear before a username if you click their name to reply?

Not a simple one.  Well, it would be simple if I could find the action for this.  Chat has a billion files to it, so the hard part of this request is finding the exact spot for this action.  In the meantime just add that space or punctuation, members will get used to it.  No promises but i'll try and see if I can find this because it would be useful for my site as well.  Just please don't bump every 2 hours asking on updates, lol.  May take several days.

hcfwesker

Quote from: Loaf on October 21, 2012, 06:18:01 AMWhen going back later, the errors had disappeared but now no members appear in the user list.

Tried any other themes?  See if memberlist appears when trying another theme and going to ajax.

CandC

Quote from: hcfwesker on October 26, 2012, 07:36:00 PM
QuoteHoping a tweak I'd like to make is a simple one. 

Not a simple one.  Well, it would be simple if I could find the action for this.  Chat has a billion files to it, so the hard part of this request is finding the exact spot for this action.  In the meantime just add that space or punctuation, members will get used to it.  No promises but i'll try and see if I can find this because it would be useful for my site as well.  Just please don't bump every 2 hours asking on updates, lol. May take several days.

I appreciate your time and being willing to look into my request.  I know some do, but don't fear I'll keep "bumping" this thread, but I'll watch for a notification in my email that there has been a reply.

Your comments indicate to me you'd like to be able to do this as well, so I'll share that in my research before posting here, I was able to find a suggestion by someone on another site that has been able to make it happen. All my attempts to edit the chat.js file and "add" what they suggested did not work.  I'll post the link so you can see if that saves you some work and can just elaborate or edit this procedure.

SourceForge for Ajax Topic - (it's the last reply on that conversation).

http://sourceforge.net/p/ajax-chat/discussion/774132/thread/a7b55066

(change the hxxp above to http - it keeps breaking the URL format when I try and post a link)

tb0081

Hi,

will there be a version for 2.02, or not at all?

hcfwesker

Of you would have just scrolled up the page, or even searched 2.0.2 in this topic.  You would have come across this post.

QuoteREAD the instructions and use the attached package from this link  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg3414509#msg3414509

Had to emphasize the READ part since you didn't from the last link you were shown.

LindaHT

Is there anyway to chane the header color?

TheListener

Quote from: LindaHT on October 28, 2012, 12:13:16 PM
Is there anyway to chane the header color?

What do you mean by header colour?

LindaHT

Thank you so much.  I will stop asking questions.

Linda

hcfwesker

hcfwesker

Quote from: CandC on October 27, 2012, 08:26:59 AMYour comments indicate to me you'd like to be able to do this as well, so I'll share that in my research before posting here, I was able to find a suggestion by someone on another site that has been able to make it happen. All my attempts to edit the chat.js file and "add" what they suggested did not work.  I'll post the link so you can see if that saves you some work and can just elaborate or edit this procedure.

SourceForge for Ajax Topic - (it's the last reply on that conversation).

http://sourceforge.net/p/ajax-chat/discussion/774132/thread/a7b55066

(change the hxxp above to http - it keeps breaking the URL format when I try and post a link)

There's a problem with clicking the username next to their chat message.  How their name appears when you click it.  If you change that, then you change how it appears in the chat messages as well.

Only real work around I see for this, though I know it's tedious to click names in the online list, was add an extra drop down list under member names in the online list.  You can see the attached pic.

If that will be ok enough, let me know any changes you want with what is displayed in the chat message post box, plus i can move the link option to the top directly below the member's name.  I'm still trying soem other options, but this could be a temp solution for now.

I used "@(NAME):  "  so it helps it stand out more with paranthesis.  I'll supply the edits, or if you're not comfy just upload your /chat/js/chat.js file.

tb0081

Quote from: hcfwesker on October 28, 2012, 06:56:17 AM
Of you would have just scrolled up the page, or even searched 2.0.2 in this topic.  You would have come across this post.

QuoteREAD the instructions and use the attached package from this link  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg3414509#msg3414509

Had to emphasize the READ part since you didn't from the last link you were shown.

THXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX worked :)

maybe someone can tell me in which I can change the language file?
hxxp:www.xup.in/dl,19537823/11.png/ [nonactive]

CandC

Quote from: hcfwesker on October 28, 2012, 08:19:00 PM
There's a problem with clicking the username next to their chat message.  How their name appears when you click it.  If you change that, then you change how it appears in the chat messages as well.

Only real work around I see for this, though I know it's tedious to click names in the online list, was add an extra drop down list under member names in the online list.  You can see the attached pic.

If that will be ok enough, let me know any changes you want with what is displayed in the chat message post box, plus i can move the link option to the top directly below the member's name.  I'm still trying soem other options, but this could be a temp solution for now.

I used "@(NAME):  "  so it helps it stand out more with paranthesis.  I'll supply the edits, or if you're not comfy just upload your /chat/js/chat.js file.

hcfwesker - thanks for the photo, it helped me see what you were talking about :)
That would be a nice temp solution and I'd like to try and implement it while you're still looking into other options. 

I'm curious, did you try the edits the guy used on the other site link I posted?
He seemed to indicate that he used that and it worked for him. I couldn't make it work, but then again my coding skills are limited.

I appreciate your help, I'll watch for your post with how to do your temp workaround.

Advertisement: