News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Force Topic Read on Login

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 28, 2008, 05:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielwmoore

Quote from: Hristo on November 22, 2013, 11:33:51 AM
Works fine on my localhost test forum with 98 mods installed.
Interesting.  Must be a particular mod I'm using. I've got over 50 installed, but only about a half-dozen or so from the SMF Mods site. The rest were custom programmed.

It doesn't do anything for 2 sites that I've tried it on, and I've also tested it on localhost test forum as well. I sign up a new user, log them in, but it does nothing. Yes, it is enabled.

I've given up and uninstalled it. It's just not that crucial at this point.

Augustine

I just installed this mod into my forum and it works perfectly.

jawad96

Tried this on 2.0.7. Installed fine, but doesn't re-direct. The problem may be:

In the instructions it says "It should be in this format: http://yoursite.com/forum/index.php?topic=123456.0"

However, the forum URL is http://myforum.com/index.php?topic=1.0

The 'forum' isn't part of the URL?

kasparh

My also, 2.0.7 installed, created more than one new topic, more than one test account, but no redirecting on login.
Simply the home page of the forum

diy guy

i noticed that when i prevent guests from viewing a particular board in which a topic to force read is created i.e unchecking guest in the board's modification and keeping all other users checked, it prevents this mod from working but if  i  check all users including the guests to have access to the board it seem to work.

please is there any way i can modify the code to prevent guests from viewing the board and still have it to work for me?

kasparh

Quote from: diy guy on June 11, 2014, 02:29:49 PM
i noticed that when i prevent guests from viewing a particular board in which a topic to force read is created i.e unchecking guest in the board's modification and keeping all other users checked, it prevents this mod from working but if  i  check all users including the guests to have access to the board it seem to work.

please is there any way i can modify the code to prevent guests from viewing the board and still have it to work for me?

i tried the new version and tried also this trick, but no luck in any way, the mod doesn't work.
May be i have a conflict with another mod. Need to make some tests

Shades.

Quote from: kasparh on June 19, 2014, 06:14:47 AM
Quote from: diy guy on June 11, 2014, 02:29:49 PM

i tried the new version and tried also this trick, but no luck in any way, the mod doesn't work.
May be i have a conflict with another mod. Need to make some tests

I'm  having the same problem! :o
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

ikeveles

How do you find the topic ID if you are using PrettyURLs?

kasparh

with the new release it works like a charm
a big thank to the coder

DarkTexas

It ried that for a German Forum, but seems like it didn't work there?

Impsat-1

Quote from: kasparh on October 10, 2014, 08:41:04 AM
a big thank to the coder

Mmm... and, please can tell where is the New Release?.... because not working for me now, please tell where is download page... Thanks

Thanks & Regards 8).-
Vive Cáda Momento De Tu Vida Como Si Fueras a Irte Mañana, Más Planificala Cómo Si Jamás Fueras a Irte ;).-

villasg

Quote from: Impsat-1 on August 15, 2015, 05:07:31 AM
a big thank to the coder

Mmm... and, please can tell where is the New Release?.... because not working for me now, please tell where is download page... Thanks

Thanks & Regards 8).-

2.1 work great in my 2.0.10 ---> http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1364

Impsat-1

Quote from: villasg on August 15, 2015, 05:58:14 AM
Quote from: Impsat-1 on August 15, 2015, 05:07:31 AM
a big thank to the coder

Thanks & Regards 8).-

2.1 work great in my 2.0.10 ---> http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1364

Mmm... yea ok... but don't work if the topic is closed or blocked for visitors :(

Thanks & Regards 8).-
Vive Cáda Momento De Tu Vida Como Si Fueras a Irte Mañana, Más Planificala Cómo Si Jamás Fueras a Irte ;).-

aegersz

Hi, I can't get this working on my 2.0.11 system. It installs OK but when i enable the mod, it doesn't work at all.

any ideas and/or mod conflicts ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

it is working - i had to use an ID on a board that is available to guests
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

@rjen

This Mod works fine. There is only one annoying problem. If a user marks all as read , the topic is displayed EVERY time the user logs on.

This due to how the code checks the topics read. Any chance to get that fixed?
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

RFD

unless i'm doing something wrong, this mod won't work for my 2.0.15 forum. 

logged in as admin, installed the mod, created a new thread, used the new topic id, logged out, logged in as non-admin user and ... nothing.  tried 3 more times, each time as a different user who's never seen the new thread and ... still nothing.

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: RFD on February 18, 2018, 01:04:49 PM
unless i'm doing something wrong, this mod won't work for my 2.0.15 forum. 

logged in as admin, installed the mod, created a new thread, used the new topic id, logged out, logged in as non-admin user and ... nothing.  tried 3 more times, each time as a different user who's never seen the new thread and ... still nothing.

When installing the brand, an error? Are you using a custom theme?

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

RFD

no installation errors, no custom theme.

Kindred

Had you previously read the target thread?   Did you use the option to reset everyone and force to re-read?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: