[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anomalous

Awesome theme  :D

Its working like a charm with a few custom edits but I cant seem to get the Logo working. See if you can help me out here, Thanks a lot.

bloc

The "logo" option is not used actually..rather you can use the "topbar" option, in where you write the html code for a logo instead. if you need some pointers there, just ask. :)

Anomalous

I am planning to use the topbar function (which I tried and is working perfectly) but if the logo would work my forum would look way better cause that blank black space gets covered up.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Is there a way to use the topbar to display data in that black area towards the top-right of the screen?

Edit 2: I ventured onto your website and I dont think i need anything else now, thanks a lot  :D

Avcomdesign

Shout box mod in helos

Example:
If you want to add the shoutbox to the LEFT of your web page, you could make the following change in index.template.php.
Find:

Code:
<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr>
<td id="bodyarea" style="padding: 1ex 20px 2ex 20px;">';

and replace with:

Code:
<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr valign="top">
<td width="120">', smfshout(), '</td>
<td id="bodyarea" style="padding: 1ex 20px 2ex 20px;">';

I dont know what area to replace or what text to paste in....sorry I am very new at this and dont want to mess it up.

The code in the index.template.php does not have files that say this.......I dont know what to replace and have messed up my board everytime.  I am two weeks into figuring this out really could use some help.

bloc

Open Helios's index.template and find this:
        // The main content should go here.  A table is used because IE 6 just can't handle a div.
        echo '
        <table style="margin-top: 4px;" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr>';
         echo '<td align="left" id="bodyarea" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 8px; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 10px;">';

...replace that with this:
        // The main content should go here.  A table is used because IE 6 just can't handle a div.
        echo '
        <table style="margin-top: 4px;" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr>';
       echo '<td width="120" valign="top">' , smfshout() , '</td>';
         echo '<td align="left" id="bodyarea" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 8px; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 10px;">';

Jason kiDD

Quote from: Jason kiDD on February 23, 2006, 05:28:36 PM
Bloc I had sent you an email. Trying to use the intergrated chat mode 2.6 however with the helios theme 1.1 RC2 it doesnt recognize the buttons nor functions of the chat interface. Please advise...? ::)

Any ideas?

Avcomdesign

Hey Bloc -

Thanks man for getting that for me.....must be something else I am doing wrong here.....when I change the code it tells me this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: smfshout() in /home2/avcomde/public_html/Server/Sources/Load.php(1040) : eval()'d code on line 312

1MileCrash

Quote from: Jason kiDD on February 28, 2006, 12:03:42 AM
Quote from: Jason kiDD on February 23, 2006, 05:28:36 PM
Bloc I had sent you an email. Trying to use the intergrated chat mode 2.6 however with the helios theme 1.1 RC2 it doesnt recognize the buttons nor functions of the chat interface. Please advise...? ::)

Any ideas?

install it on the helios theme. it's not like the mod automatically creates a chat button. it only instals on the default theme. try searching. :-\
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

Jason kiDD

I first installed in on helios 1.06 and it worked fine. However since upgrading to 1.1 rc2 it doesnt work at all. I even followed the directions of the chat app and changed the default name to the helios folder however i get test errors still.. ??? :-X

bloc

Its not the theme's fault, its the mod. Does it say it will work on 1.1RC2?

haku-sama

i installed the package SMFShop and i seem can't find the "shop" button..

although it was really installed but the "shop" button won't appear in the menu.

i have to do this:

hxxp:cdotakus.metacatalyst.org/index.php [nonactive]?action=shop

in order for the SMFShop page to be loaded.

how shall i resolve this problem sir? is there anything that i need to modify within the source code?

hxxp:ridvan.metacatalyst.org [nonactive]
[email protected]

"For some reason, I can remember Haku... from a long time ago... but I thought I never met him before?!"
-- Chihiro, Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi

bloc

Try to use the "custom" buttons for Helios, just input a path to a picture, and the actual link..and it will appear.

SWATORNOT

Bloc I gotta say I am very happy with this theme and do not want to use another...

However one issue I am having, and one that may have been addressed some where along the 69 pages of posts here...

My total post count on the board index is not adding in the posts from the child boards.

A couple of the boards have multiple child boards and none of these totals appeared on the forum index. I tried to do what was suggested to me from another thread about this and it caused an error. Since I was already having permission problems I simply erased the first SMF instalation and started over again.

Now since you designed this Theme I figure you would be of super help to assist me in solving this issue.

bloc

Its actually a setting in the admin section of SMF, not in the theme. Try "admin / boards / settings / Count child's posts in parent's totals".

This is for SMF1.1.x however, its not present in the 1.0.x.

SWATORNOT

OK, what does one need to do in order to solve this issue in the 1.0 version?

bloc

You can't do it easily...it was a feature of 1.1 but it might be a topic around about it.

SWATORNOT

Here is a thread that I was given some help about this, but I am not sure this fixes that problem.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=69189.msg475899#msg475899

When I tried to do that I messed up something royaly and the forum crashed indefinately.

If you, or anybody else would take a look at this or possibly assist me I would REALLY appreciate it as this is somewhat annoying...

bloc

It would seem it just displays in the template the topics and posts number for each child board too..nice. :)

the reason you can't find the code there is probably because Helios has a slightly different BaordIndex.template..but its quite possible to find the code anyway.

But...is displaying the posts/topics next to each childboard really what you want? In SMF1.1 its rather calculated into the parent board number of topics/posts - which is more logical? I think also can be done in the template - with a bit of code change. ;)

SWATORNOT

OK sorry Bloc, I am a bit lost so bare with me..

What I meant is when a member posts in one of the child boards the post/topic count, from the child board itself does not add into or appear with the post/topic count on the board index.

It seems as if there is a "glitch" in it somewhere because sometimes the title of the post will appear on the index as the last post, then other times it will not.

http://mnrat.com/boards/index.php [nofollow]

If you look there you will see I have some forums with multiple child boards, in which none of the topic/post counts are appearing on the board index.

Bloc I understand you may be a busy person, but I honestly do not feel comfortable making these code changes that may be needed. I messed up once and lost everything. If you would be willing to help me out I would appreciate it.

RF-smart

Brilliant!!!
But I'm missing icons (folder color excetera). Any place I can download them? Or did I miss something...?
[nofollow]<br /><br /> [nofollow]

Advertisement: