SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sepulchre

Can someone remind me what edit is required to get the "send" button to show up?

Edit - found it in shutbox.template.php search for "do we need this?" edit out the comment tags and change the word "Enviar" to something of your choosing i.e. "Shout".  :D

AM Woody3

Quote from: sepulchre on July 17, 2009, 05:26:18 AM
Can someone remind me what edit is required to get the "send" button to show up?

Edit - found it in shutbox.template.php search for "do we need this?" edit out the comment tags and change the word "Enviar" to something of your choosing i.e. "Shout".  :D

Awesome!  This helped my problem with IE.  Now the question I have is, with EI, when you hit sent, it pops up a box that says "The above message has been sent"  That is a little annoying.  How would I get rid of that?

sepulchre

Quote from: AM Woody3 on July 17, 2009, 08:54:07 AM
Awesome!  This helped my problem with IE.  Now the question I have is, with EI, when you hit sent, it pops up a box that says "The above message has been sent"  That is a little annoying.  How would I get rid of that?

Dont know tbh I've not seen that one but I'll take a look when I get home, should be a simple config setting I'd imagine?

AM Woody3

Quote from: sepulchre on July 17, 2009, 08:59:43 AM
Quote from: AM Woody3 on July 17, 2009, 08:54:07 AM

Dont know tbh I've not seen that one but I'll take a look when I get home, should be a simple config setting I'd imagine?

It might just be that theme.  I'm making a theme change this afternoon.  I'll let you know if I still have the problem.

AM Woody3

It was the theme.  I no longer get that box

dkinser

I have attempted to do a manual install of this mod, the database tables appear to be created correctly.  I am attempting this on 1.1.10.

Where the manual mod instructions say to find:

!empty($modSettings['hitStats'])

My index.php file has that line slightly different:

if (!empty($modSettings['hitStats']))

And when attempting to run I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_BOOLEAN_AND in /homepages/5/d217677497/htdocs/index.php on line 180

Line 180 is:    && $_REQUEST['action'] != 'shoutbox'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As is classically the case, I solved this one with trial and error =/

Remus2

thanks for this mod, its my favourite shoutbox for smf :)

I have a question, i found a bit slow to load the page with the shoutbox..

is there a way to load the shoutbox after the page finish loading?

i found this option in other mod, and it would be helpful

thanks again ;D

Shadow03

I am the only one who can see the shoutbox on my forum. None of the members can. How do I fix this? Is it a permissions issue?

Morp

Quote from: Shadow03 on July 21, 2009, 01:25:50 AM
I am the only one who can see the shoutbox on my forum. None of the members can. How do I fix this? Is it a permissions issue?

Most likely.

Could you make this compatible with the new version?

legalfreetoair

Hi. I have been using this shoutbox 2.o on my forum for awhile now and it has been working great. Thank you for this great mod package. Just lately it has stopped working correctly. When anyone posts a shout it shows up like it should in the shoutbox but as soon as you refresh the page all the shouts are gone. The shoutbox looks blank. If you try to moderate the shoutbox the shouts are there, but you go back out of the mod panel and nothing shows. You can shout again and it shows right up, refresh and nothing there. Im using SMF 1.1.10. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

Also, I was going to try to uninstall it and try to install again but there is no uninstall package with HPSB 2.0. How to uninstall if I need to?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Shadow03

Quote from: Morp on July 21, 2009, 07:24:37 AM
Quote from: Shadow03 on July 21, 2009, 01:25:50 AM

Most likely.

Could you make this compatible with the new version?
Well then what exactly is the problem? I looked under permissions and there's nothing that could be causing that...

dkinser

Shadow,

Go to permission, choose a group, under the permissions section for that group you will see bullets for options for Shoutbox.  Choose what you want them to be able to do, save it, then they can see it.

legalfreetoair

Quote from: legalfreetoair on July 21, 2009, 07:48:20 PM
Hi. I have been using this shoutbox 2.o on my forum for awhile now and it has been working great. Thank you for this great mod package. Just lately it has stopped working correctly. When anyone posts a shout it shows up like it should in the shoutbox but as soon as you refresh the page all the shouts are gone. The shoutbox looks blank. If you try to moderate the shoutbox the shouts are there, but you go back out of the mod panel and nothing shows. You can shout again and it shows right up, refresh and nothing there. Im using SMF 1.1.10. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

Also, I was going to try to uninstall it and try to install again but there is no uninstall package with HPSB 2.0. How to uninstall if I need to?

Hi, after downgrading from SMF 1.1.10 to 1.1.9 i do have the uninstall option so i uninstalled Hack Parks Shoutbox 2.0 and then reinstalled using the package manager. I still have the same issue. Shouts show up but are gone once you refresh the page like i explained above. Also the sound button is muted and wont allow me to un-mute. Anybody have any ideas? I would really like to use this shoutbox again.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Shadow03

Quote from: dkinser on July 21, 2009, 10:54:01 PM
Shadow,

Go to permission, choose a group, under the permissions section for that group you will see bullets for options for Shoutbox.  Choose what you want them to be able to do, save it, then they can see it.
Oh, I know what I was doing wrong. I was looking under the guest's permissions, and it wasn't there. Thank you.

autarh

Quote from: TaTaM on July 15, 2009, 09:59:24 PM
Quote from: Claine on July 15, 2009, 10:16:36 AM
Then upload them again, and it should all be working.

Last night I changed my SMF to 1.1.10 and tried to install package (Shoutbox_2[1].0.zip), then error has ocurred

"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. "

I will try manual installation :'(

Hi did u manage to make it work ?

Morp

Quote from: autarh on July 22, 2009, 12:46:47 PM
Quote from: TaTaM on July 15, 2009, 09:59:24 PM
Quote from: Claine on July 15, 2009, 10:16:36 AM
Then upload them again, and it should all be working.

Last night I changed my SMF to 1.1.10 and tried to install package (Shoutbox_2[1].0.zip), then error has ocurred

"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. "

I will try manual installation :'(

Hi did u manage to make it work ?

I got the Auto installer to work now.

Download the attached file below.
And the Credits still goes to the maker. I just changed some in the package-info.xml to make it compatible with 1.1.10 :)
Cheers

The installer worked but the shoutbox aren't working 100%

Sven0

2 issues:

1.) the Shoutbox is standardly hided, how can i change it that it is everytime shown?

2.) if the shoutbox is shown, the browser jumps alone at every site loading down to the box, how can i disable that?

the_shadow

Quote from: WillEwen on July 09, 2009, 12:44:00 PM
Quote from: kkattfish on July 07, 2009, 02:09:18 PM
i need this shoutbox to show up on all pages, especially when you click the unread posts link. 
this is what i have in "pages where shoutbox will be printed":

boardindex
collapsecategory
forum

my index.template.php file is also attached.  can somebody help me out please.  what am i doing wrong?

edit:  i also just tried to enter this ;boardindex;messageindex;all on their own lines and it didn't work

Does it show on these pages?

";" Will not work as a delimiter for this setting as far as I'm aware, soon realised after finding the post that claimed ";all" would print it everywhere ...  >:(

From the action array in ./index.php you can find the list of pages where the shoutbox can be printed, for yourself and others here is a list. This may include mods you have not installed so please have a glance over and delete anything not appropriate.

1.1.x only.

admin
announce
arcade
managearcade
ban
boardrecount
buddy
calendar
cleanperms
collapse
comment
convertentities
convertutf8
coppa
deletemsg
detailedversion
display
dlattach
dumpdb
editpoll
editpoll2
featuresettings
featuresettings2
findmember
help
helpadmin
im
jsoption
jsmodify
lock
lockVoting
login
login2
logout
maintain
manageattachments
manageboards
managecalendar
managesearch
markasread
membergroups
mergetopics
mlist
modifycat
modifykarma
modlog
movetopic
movetopic2
news
notify
notifyboard
optimizetables
packageget
packages
permissions
pgdownload
pm
postsettings
printpage
profile2
quotefast
quickmod
quickmod2
recent
regcenter
register
register2
reminder
removetopic2
removeoldtopics2
removepoll
repairboards
reporttm
reports
requestmembers
search
search2
sendtopic
serversettings
serversettings2
shoutbox
manageshoutbox
smileys
smstats
spellcheck
splittopics
stats
theme
trackip
about:mozilla
about:unknown
about:unknown
unread
unreadreplies
viewErrorLog
viewmembers
viewprofile
verificationcode
vote
viewquery
who
.xml
tpadmin
forum
tpmod

Any further information on TinyPortal integration?

Edit

Okay, so i managed to get my shoutbox to show on all pages (including tinyportal, since it doesn't look at the post action), regardless of the contents of the action textarea in the admin area. I'd advise first receiving input from the author as to the possible consequences, but if you've a small scale, backed up site i really see no harm in the hack of hack's park shoutbox.

So, Subs-Shoutbox.php

<?php
// File Version: 2
// Hack's Park Shoutbox: www.hackspark.com

if (!defined('SMF'))
    die(
'Hacking attempt...');

function 
Shoutbox_Load($action null)
{
global $shoutbox$context$sourcedir;

// die
if (Shoutbox_Settings('disable') != '')
return $action;

if ($action !== null)
{
$show Shoutbox_Settings('showActions');
if (!in_array(strtolower($action), explode(','$show)))
return $action;
}

All i did was remove,

if ($action !== null)
{
$show = Shoutbox_Settings('showActions');
if (!in_array(strtolower($action), explode(',', $show)))
return $action;
}

Again, this is in no way elegant and so i would advise waiting for the author to come back. For me, it works so i'm happy :).

Regards,

Will Ewen

hello i do this but all my definitions on admin panel desapear...and i can.'t save the news definitions!!!!

christianstogether

hi i have hacks park shoutbox set up on my forum but ppl with internet explorer for some reason can't see it or post anything and ideas please

running smf 1.10

many thanks

dxbprince

Quote from: JCS on October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM
Link to Mod

Comment On This Mod

Introduction
Bassed on PHP, Javascript (Ajax/xml) and XHTML, this is an SMF modification that allows you to have a shoutBox or message board, like a chat, it was designed in order to make minimal modifications to the SMF original script.

Features
ShoutBox

• Font face selection
  • Fackground, border and font color selection
  • Font styles "bold, italic, underline"
Moderation Panel

• edit and delete messages
  • delete shoutBox info "empty DB shouts table"
  • add and remove ban status for users
Administration Panel

• add or remove font faces
  • edit time format and text time color
  • add or remove sections, where the ShoutBox is displayed "?action="
  • modify size and number of messages to display values
  • add or remove group permissions for the ShoutBox
Installation
Simply install the package to add this modification on the Default theme.

This mod will work for both SMF 1.1.4 and 1.1.5

Manual Edit
A Manual edit will be required for non-default themes to add the modification

Look for the instructions in our page

Languages
You can find other languages in our page, other languages are welcome and will be published in the thread.

Support
Please use the modification thread for support of this modification.
You can look for support also in www.hackspark.com, there you will find more scripts, and new versions if apply.

Credits
Developed by
Marco Florian Gonzales [makito]

Install pack
English txt

Thanks Juan Carlos Sierra[JCS]

Thanks
OtaKumi - AniDreamZ anime y manga de fans para fans

Changelog
Previus versions
shoutBox v1.2
shoutBox v1.1
shoutBox v1.0.1
shoutBox v1.0
shoutBox v1.0 RC 1
shoutBox Beta

Demo
http://www.hackspark.com/smf-test/
User: sdemo     Pass: sdemo

and... what's new?

• smilies's more link problem is fixed
  • some corrections were made in the source code, nothing important
(cc) Hack's Park | License[/hr][/hr][/hr]

I have SMF 1.1.10 with new theme but when i try to install this mod .my system says this mod does not support to that version.
Please someone help me which chat mod works with 1.1.10 ?

Advertisement: