News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herr_Inoddorell

Great mod ;).

But I have 2 problems with the Smileys Pop-Up:

1. When I open the smileys Pop-Up (clicking the [Sample] button), the popup window doesn't show my current theme (Fire), but the default one. Do you know what could be? Something that I missed in the manual installation? See the image to understand what I'm talking about:

2. When I click on the smileys, of the smileys popup, they won't add to the input field, so the only way I can add them is to insert'em manually. Any idea of what could be?

Thanks in advance! :)

JCS

Quote from: WIZARD87 on April 12, 2010, 06:08:34 PMWill the submit button fix just be some manual code changes ? using this in RC1.2 and before that in 1.11.1...best shout box on SMF !  ;)

its, but actually, i prefer to release the complete mod

Quote from: touu on April 12, 2010, 10:42:20 PMdo you mean script.js / shoutbox.js ?
i did upload the files

did i put them into wrong folder?
if not, do i need to make the new js. files and upload them again?

thank you for your reply
:)

ps. i'm using the default theme, and i uploaded all files that should be necessary for this shoutbox into theme/default, language, and source folders

shoutbox.js, cuz it didn't work, uninstall it, and reinstall, ill upload a file, use this one, its the same mod which is published now, but the one published cannot be installed via package manager

Quote from: amigozone on April 13, 2010, 06:31:10 AMit was a good idea to add private chat funtion :(
okay... will i be able to have it on smf 2 rc3?? ...i have just upgraded my forum.. and i need this shoutbox :(

well, I'm working on the mod as much as i can, cuz i have to study, and do some work, so I'll get it working properly asap, also the biggest problem is the IE8 and Opera 10.5 compatibility, cuz it actually works now on RC3, so just wait ^^

Quote from: [PT]Snake on April 13, 2010, 07:01:41 AMyou should've waited.

Me? I upgrade first on another forum (backed up), make sure everything checks out, and THEN upgrade the main one

main: http://forum.gameon.pt
test: http://wowtuga.org/forum/

nice theme :P

Quote from: Herr_Inoddorell on April 13, 2010, 03:44:25 PMGreat mod ;).

1. When I open the smileys Pop-Up (clicking the [Sample] button), the popup window doesn't show my current theme (Fire), but the default one. Do you know what could be? Something that I missed in the manual installation? See the image to understand what I'm talking about:

2. When I click on the smileys, of the smileys popup, they won't add to the input field, so the only way I can add them is to insert'em manually. Any idea of what could be?

well, have no idea how to solve this xD, but I'm gonna check it in my forum with a custom template, so ill be able to give u the right answer
Dont PM me for support, unless I ask you to do that

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

touu

Quoteshoutbox.js, cuz it didn't work, uninstall it, and reinstall, ill upload a file, use this one, its the same mod which is published now, but the one published cannot be installed via package manager

if the file is ready, please send me personal message
or you can send me the link to download it directly

thank you   :)

JCS

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

Herr_Inoddorell

Quote from: JCS on April 13, 2010, 04:34:56 PM
Quote from: Herr_Inoddorell on April 13, 2010, 03:44:25 PMGreat mod ;).

well, have no idea how to solve this xD, but I'm gonna check it in my forum with a custom template, so ill be able to give u the right answer

Fine, thank you very much! :)

XtcruleZ

Was wondering if youve had any luck getting it to work in an ezportal block?

[PT]Snake

forget about functionality guys, let's hope for compatibility first.

XtcruleZ

What is it NOT compatible with? And this is a request he was already working on for me.

Herr_Inoddorell

Quote from: XtcruleZ on April 15, 2010, 08:13:58 AM
Was wondering if youve had any luck getting it to work in an ezportal block?

Don't know if this could be the same, but I use it in a center block of TinyPortal, with an iframe:

echo '<iframe height="220" width="100%" scrolling="auto" frameborder="0" marginheight="200" marginwidth="0"
                src="http://yoursite/index.php?action=shoutbox"></iframe>';

In yoursite, obviously you have to put the url path to your site :p. Also, you can set the height and width of the iframe, and adjust them to your needs, by changing the mentioned values.

Cheers!

XtcruleZ

Ill give that a shot and see if it works the same with ezportal.

EDIT: It sorta works but the size is all messed up. What im trying to do is make it a SIDE block to replace the standard Shoutbox that comes with ezportal. What you have given me does work, but i have no idea how to correct the size.

Herr_Inoddorell

Quote from: XtcruleZ on April 15, 2010, 02:33:30 PM

EDIT: It sorta works but the size is all messed up. What im trying to do is make it a SIDE block to replace the standard Shoutbox that comes with ezportal. What you have given me does work, but i have no idea how to correct the size.

Just modify the values for: iframe height="X" width="Y%", where X is the value for height and Y is the value of the width in percent. Play a bit with them, and see if you can achieve something similar, or closer at least :P.

XtcruleZ

Quote from: Herr_Inoddorell on April 15, 2010, 08:28:15 PM
Quote from: XtcruleZ on April 15, 2010, 02:33:30 PM

Just modify the values for: iframe height="X" width="Y%", where X is the value for height and Y is the value of the width in percent. Play a bit with them, and see if you can achieve something similar, or closer at least :P.

Afraid this is not going to work like this, no matter what i do, i cannot get it to display as a SIDE Block. Doesnt matter what i set the height and width to. I think its just supposed to be stretched all the way across the page instead of being compact.

JCS

well, must build a block to that portal, theres also a block built for Simple portal, by Simple portal's team, cuz the same theme doesnt work for a block.

let me finish some collegue work, and then ill finish the update of the mod, and the compatibility fixes, after that, im gonna work on the integration of the shoutobx on portal sistems, like simple portal, ezportal, etc.

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

XtcruleZ

Appreciate the time friend, thank you. If i stumble across something that works, ill be sure to post it here for everyone.

!RFAN

should i try a manual installation of this mod on smf 2 rc3??....  i am a newbie so i can only look for possibility..

FlatFX

Quote from: amigozone on April 17, 2010, 01:23:42 PM
should i try a manual installation of this mod on smf 2 rc3??....  i am a newbie so i can only look for possibility..
Most of the mods on custom templates are installed manually.
You need save original files in case something goes wrong. Also need good text editor, NotePad++ for example.  ;)
Better to wait for the new version  8)

!RFAN

[PT]Snake

BlackVenom2

Is there an eta on this mods compatibility with RC3? I really need to get off of RC1 but this shoutbox is necessary, lol. Thanks for a great mod!

mastermachman

need helpt dose not show up i do not know how to edit what ever file or where it is!!   any help out their???

Advertisement: