Stop Spammer

Started by M-DVD, December 31, 2008, 07:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopy_virtual

Added a Road map to the main page.

From now on, before you ask for a new feature or report a bug, you can check if it's already in the cue waiting to be done:

Things to do in the near future: (12th February 2010)

!Try to sort the "false positive" problem with SiL solution. (see reply #324 here) It looks promising.

+Add the buttons to "Check" and "Report" members also to the pages "Waiting for approval" and "Waiting for activation".

!Sort the bug with the "Undefined index: types" reported many times.

!Sort the bug about the members count reported also many times. The main page is still telling you there are members waiting for approval even after you have approved or deleted all of them.

*Modify the FAQ written by M-DVD 2 years ago. Delete obsolete ones and add new ones.

*Find a way to complete the incomplete translations.

QuoteLegend

*Feature to be Changed
+Feature to be Added
-Feature to be Eliminated
!Bug to be Fixed

This also will make things a lot easier for me, because I can see all of them together in one place and decide which one is more urgent. By the way, I have order them already in the list, so the first ones in there are the ones I'm going to do first.

Please check if I have forgotten anything in that list.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

snoopy_virtual

I have finished the version 2.0 of my other anti-spammer MOD httpBL.

I have talked to you a few times about it and I know some of you are using version 1.0 so, if you are, it would be better if you upgrade to this new version.

I have sent it to the Customization Team and it's in the cue waiting for approval, but, as I know they are always too busy, maybe it will be weeks or even months before you see it here in SMF, so I have published it as well in my site just in case you are interested:

http://www.snoopyvirtualstudio.com/trankos/portal/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=36&topic=306.0

The main difference between this new 2.0 version with the old 1.0 is that this one is a lot easier to install.

Actually that was the reason why the Customization Team rejected my first version, because they said you should be a computer guru to install that version (almost impossible for a normal user) and told me they were not going to put it back in the cue for approval until it was easier to install.

Well, all that's done and of course, now that it's fully integrated inside the SMF program, it has a brand new user interface to control the configuration of the mod, another interface to see the log with all the spammers stopped by the mod, etc, etc.

Here is the full change log of the mod so far:

Version 1.0 - 17th August 2009

oInitial release
  oCan be installed in any PHP page, not only SMF
  oCan block any spammer from viewing your site
  oIt checks IP in Project Honey Pot DB
  oIf match, the visitor is redirected to the "warning.php" page
  oKeeps a log of "IPs stopped" in a text file in your server
  oCompatible with any PHP program, so it's compatible with all SMF versions
Version 2.0 - 11th February 2010

-Eliminated compatibility with other programs, making it now exclusive for SMF
  +Added a powerful install script which now does everything for you with just one click
  +Added an easy-to-use configuration interface to control the mod
  -Eliminated the text file log, too difficult to find and read
  +Added a log table in the database
  +Added a view-log interface to see the information stored in it
  ?Unistall old version and install new one
  ?Need to edit manually 2 small things in index.template.php if you are not using the default one

QuoteLegend

oFeature
*Change
+Added
-Eliminated
!Bug Fixed
?How to Update

I really recommend everybody to have both mods together to stop spammers.

I have them in all my forums and I am really happy with how they work together.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

Bugo

Russian translation:

// MOD Stop Spammer
$txt['stopspammer_error'] = 'Ошибка связи с базой данных анти-спама.<br />
Пожалуйста, попробуйте вновь чуть позже, или свяжитесь с веб-мастером';
$txt['stopspammer_count'] = 'Заблокированные спамеры на текущий день';
$txt['stopspammer_title'] = 'Ищите дополнительную информацию на форуме разработчиков';

$txt['stopspammer_enable'] = 'Включить/Выключить мод Stop Spammer';
$txt['stopspammer_show01'] = 'Показывать ссылку "Подробней..." всем пользователям';
$txt['stopspammer_show01_sub'] = 'Можно проверить любого пользователя в любое время одним кликом';

$txt['stopspammer_faildb'] = 'В случае ошибки связи с базой данных анти-спама...';
$txt['stopspammer_fail01'] = 'Показать ошибку и остановить регистрацию';
$txt['stopspammer_fail02'] = 'Разрешить немедленную регистрацию';
$txt['stopspammer_fail03'] = 'Одобрить пользователя и показывать жёлтую иконку для проверки позднее';
$txt['stopspammer_faildb1_sub'] = 'Ваш хост может произвести удалённое подключение к БД';
$txt['stopspammer_faildb2_sub'] = 'Ваш хост не может произвести удалённое подключение к БД. Попробуйте позже.<br />
Если эта ошибка повторяется, найдите тему ';
$txt['stopspammer_not_translate'] = '<a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=283309.new#post_issues"><span class="error"><b>Known Issues</b> ("Известные проблемы")</span></a> на форуме поддержки';

$txt['stopspammer_leyd01'] = 'Не спаммер: этих данных нет в базе данных. Но можно проверить';
$txt['stopspammer_leyd02'] = 'Подозреваемый: этот пользователь не проверен. Проверить сейчас';
$txt['stopspammer_leyd03'] = 'Спаммер: посмотрите дополнительные сведения об активности этого спаммера';

$txt['stopspammer_profilecheck'] = 'Проверка пользователя';
$txt['stopspammer_limitexceded'] = 'Проверочный лимит исчерпан (5000 API запросов в день).<br />Вы должны подождать до завтра, чтобы проверить снова.';

$txt['in_stop_forum_spam'] = 'В Stop Forum Spam Web:';
$txt['spammers_checks'] = 'Проверить этих пользователей';
$txt['spammers_report'] = 'Сообщить об этих пользователях';
$txt['confirm_spammers_checks'] = 'Вы действительно хотите проверить выбранных пользователей?';
$txt['confirm_spammers_report'] = 'Вы действительно хотите сообщить о выбранных пользователях?\n\nЕсли Вы сделаете это, они станут известны всему миру в качестве спаммеров и не смогут использовать другие форумы, защищённые SFS (во всём мире).\n\nПоэтому Вы должны быть твёрдо уверены, что они спаммеры. И если по какой-то причине Вы ошибетесь, Вам придётся\nкак можно быстрее сообщить создателю мода о необходимости внести коррективы в базу данных SFS.';

$txt['stopspammer_api_key'] = 'Ваш API ключ';
$txt['stopspammer_api_key_sub'] = 'Если хотите получить собственный API ключ, зайдите на сайт <a href="http://www.stopforumspam.com/signup" target="_blank">www.stopforumspam.com</a> для регистрации, а потом укажите ключ здесь. Если Вы пока не получили ключ, оставьте поле пустым. Тогда будет использоваться ключ по умолчанию.';

$txt['stopspammer_check_sub1'] = '<br />Проверка пользователей (при активации мода Stop Spammer):';
$txt['stopspammer_check_name'] = 'По их никам';
$txt['stopspammer_check_mail'] = 'По их адресам электронной почты';
$txt['stopspammer_check_ip'] = 'По их IP';
$txt['stopspammer_check_sub2'] = 'По умолчанию мод Stop Spammer каждый раз проверяет имена, email и IP пользователей. Если Вы получаете слишком много ложных срабатываний, можно отключить эту функцию. Не рекомендуем отключать другие 2 функции (для проверки email и IP), пока Вы не знаете, что делать.';

butchs

A nice future feature will be to add a check for a new user to confirm their email address via "Register Approval" and move them into the "Awaiting Approval" folder.  This will be good if you have a suspected spammer that is not on the list.  No big deal...
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: Bugo on February 12, 2010, 08:59:42 AM
Russian translation:

Спасибо - Thanks

I will add it in a minute to the full language package.

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: butchs on February 12, 2010, 10:09:25 AM
A nice future feature will be to add a check for a new user to confirm their email address via "Register Approval" and move them into the "Awaiting Approval" folder.  This will be good if you have a suspected spammer that is not on the list.  No big deal...

Don't really understand what you mean with "confirm their email address via Register Approval".

Could you explain it a little more?

snoopy_virtual

Full language package updated with the new Russian translation thanks to Bugo:

QuoteLanguages (normal & utf-8)
Translation completed:

• English
  • English_British
  • Spanish_Es
  • Spanish_Latin

Missing 7 lines:
Missing 9 lines:

QuoteLegend
  • Included in MOD package
  • Included in language_full.zip and translation complete
  • Included in language_full.zip but translation incomplete

M-DVD

Hi snoopy_virtual, congrats :D

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on February 12, 2010, 09:33:52 PM
Quote from: M-DVD on February 12, 2010, 08:33:49 PM
Hi snoopy_virtual, congrats :D
O_O you are back...

HAHAHA

Yes he's back

I just got 5 PM from him in the last 10 minutes, answering lot's of things.

But he's going to be here just a few days I think.

Let's see if I can make him stay some more.  ;)

butchs

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on February 12, 2010, 03:54:57 PM
Quote from: butchs on February 12, 2010, 10:09:25 AM

Don't really understand what you mean with "confirm their email address via Register Approval".

Could you explain it a little more?

I had a user log in this week.  The very first thing he did was to post an advertisement link.  I checked him with stop spam and he was ok.  I researched his email and IP address and found out that it belonged to a California location.  The Ad he posted said he was local in NYC.

He may be a possible spammer so it would be nice to have a check mark in the members list to force him to confirm his email address just like you do with members that are marked as spammers.  In other words add the option to allow possible spammers be verified manually.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

snoopy_virtual

@butchs

OK, I think I understand you now.

I suppose you have your forum with the option "Immediate Registration", so you don't know if the email address of your members is valid or not, and you want some way to be able to ask only suspicious users to confirm it, after they are already registered.

I think this shouldn't be done inside this mod though, as it will make it too complicated.

This should be a mod on it's own (compatible with this one of course) as it will be useful not only for people with this mod, but also for people with other security mods.

You can check the list of mods available just now to see if there is already a mod doing that, and if there isn't, tell me and I can put it on my list of "mods to do in a near future", as I think it's interesting.

Or you can ask for it in the forum "Mod Requests" to see if anybody else is interested.

----========<{}>=========----

Anyway I'm going to tell you how I deal with this kind of situations, as I already had a lot of them.

All my forums are in Member Activation mode, so I'm always sure all the member's emails are theirs and they are valid.

I have also added a line to the "Agreement text" telling them spam is not allowed and anybody doing any kind of advertising will be kick out and his IP, email and username added to the "known spammers" database.

Well. Actually I only do that in serious forums. In less serious forums I actually encourage them to do as much spam as possible, as I need to test if my anti-spam programs are working properly and I need to built up that database with IPs, emails and usernames of spammers.  ;D  (Always joking... sorry, it's the way I am)

One way or the other they need to agree to that when they register (it's not my fault if they don't read what they are agreeing to) so everytime I see somebody advertising anything I just report them with the mod and kick them out.

Anyway, your idea is interesting, because I have problems with some forums where all the members are too young.

Usually, young and inexperienced members only use hotmail addresses (the worst kind of email I have ever seen) and you know hotmail normally reject the activation emails or send them to the spam folder, and a lot of people never check that folder.

In forums with more experienced people I haven't got that problem as they use better email systems, but this mod you are suggesting could be useful for the kind of forums I was saying above.

----========<{}>=========----

Anyway, my list of "mods to do in a near future" is not too long:

• I need to make my mod httpBL compatible with RC2 (almost done)
  • I need to do a mod requested by giveaway365.com (seems easy, so hopefully won't take too long)
  • And I need to do a couple of urgent things in the road map for this mod Stop Spammer
If you see I finish all these things and I don't start your request, remember me, as I tend to forget things. (No, I haven't got Alzheimer. It doesn't matter I am already 53, I had the same problem when I started University back in 1973)  :D

Cheers

Eclipse16V

Here the german update

// Stop Spammer MOD
$txt['stopspammer_error'] = 'Fehler mit der DB Anti SPAM. Verbindungsfehler.<br />Bitte versuche es später oder kontaktiere den Webmaster';
$txt['stopspammer_count'] = 'Spam User wurden geblockt';
$txt['stopspammer_title'] = 'Suche mehr Infos bei Stop Forum Spam';
$txt['stopspammer_enable'] = 'Ein-/Ausschalten des Stop Spammer MODs';
$txt['stopspammer_show01'] = 'Zeige den "Mehr Infos" Link bei allen Usern';
$txt['stopspammer_show01_sub'] = 'Du kannst jeden User zu jeder Zeit ganz einfach mit einem Klick überprüfen.';
$txt['stopspammer_faildb'] = 'Wenn die Verbindung mit der DB von Anti SPAM fehlschlägt...';
$txt['stopspammer_fail01'] = 'Zeige Fehler und Anmeldung abbrechen';
$txt['stopspammer_fail02'] = 'Erlaube immer die Registration';
$txt['stopspammer_fail03'] = 'User erlauben aber Icon zum prüfen anzeigen';
$txt['stopspammer_faildb1_sub'] = 'Dein Host kann eine neue Verbindung zur DB herstellen';
$txt['stopspammer_faildb2_sub'] = 'Dein Host kann keine neue Verbindung zur DB herstellen. Bitte versuche es später noch einmal.<br />Sollte die immer noch nicht gehen, siehe im Support Thema nach und suche ';
$txt['stopspammer_not_translate'] = '<a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=283309.new#post_issues"><span class="error"><b>Fehler gefunden</b></span></a>';
$txt['stopspammer_leyd01'] = 'Kein Spam User: Diese Daten sind nicht in der Spam DB.';
$txt['stopspammer_leyd02'] = 'Unbekannt: Diese Daten konnten nicht geprüft werden.';
$txt['stopspammer_leyd03'] = 'Spam User: Diese Daten sind in der Spam DB verhanden!!!';
$txt['stopspammer_profilecheck'] = 'User überprüfen';
$txt['stopspammer_limitexceded'] = 'Du hast das Prüflimit für diesen Tag schon erreicht (5000 API Anfagen pro Tag).<br />Du musst warten und es morgen nocheinmal probieren.';
$txt['in_stop_forum_spam'] = 'In Stop Forum Spam Web:';
$txt['spammers_checks'] = 'User überprüfen';
$txt['spammers_report'] = 'User melden';
$txt['confirm_spammers_checks'] = 'Bist Du sicher, dass Du die gewählten User prüfen möchtest?';
$txt['confirm_spammers_report'] = 'Bist Du sicher, dass Du die gewählten User melden willst?\n\nDenk daran das gemeldete User später bei SFS als Spammer auf der ganzen Welt makiert sind und sich somit in kein Forum mit SFS anmelden können.\n\nBitte nutze diese Funktion nur wenn Du dir ganz sicher bist.';
$txt['stopspammer_api_key'] = 'Dein API Schlüssel';
$txt['stopspammer_api_key_sub'] = 'Wenn Du deinen eigenen API Key verwenden möchtest, musst Du erst auf die Homepage von <a href="http://www.stopforumspam.com/signup" target="_blank">www.stopforumspam.com</a> und dich dort anmelden. Wenn Du keinen eigenen API Key hast, lasse dieses Feld bitte leer um einen API Key automatisch zu bekommen.';
$txt['stopspammer_check_sub1'] = 'Wenn aktiviert, werden immer die User geprüft.';
$txt['stopspammer_check_name'] = 'Überprüfe Usernamen';
$txt['stopspammer_check_mail'] = 'Überprüfe E-Mail Adressen';
$txt['stopspammer_check_ip'] = 'Überprüfe IP Adressen';
$txt['stopspammer_check_sub2'] = 'Normalerweise sollten alle 3 Optionen wie Username, E-Mail und IP aktiviert sein. Wenn Du aber zu viele Meldungen bekommst kannst Du auch die ein oder andere Überprüfung deaktivieren. Dies wird aber nicht empfohlen.';
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

snoopy_virtual

Full language package updated with the new German translation.

Danke Eclipse16V

Translation completed:

• English
  • English_British
  • Spanish_Es
  • Spanish_Latin
Missing 7 lines:
Missing 9 lines:

QuoteLegend

butchs

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on February 13, 2010, 08:25:03 PM
Or you can ask for it in the forum "Mod Requests" to see if anybody else is interested.

Don't sweat it dude.  It was just a suggestion.  I can work around it.
:)

snoopy_virtual

Full language package updated with the new Dutch translation.

Hartelijk dank Laurens73

Translation completed:

• English
  • English_British
  • Spanish_Es
  • Spanish_Latin

Missing 7 lines:
Missing 9 lines:

QuoteLegend

Chas Large

Thanks for the updated version. Here's a comment that may be of use to other users. If you have the Join Reason mod installed first, then this mod will fail to install on only one item, the Subs-Members.php second edit.

To overcome this, install the mod anyway then manually edit Subs-Members.php and add the "mem.is_spammer," to the end of the line

mem.id_member, mem.member_name, mem.real_name, mem.location, mem.email_address, mem.icq, mem.aim, mem.yim, mem.msn, mem.member_ip, mem.member_ip2, mem.last_login, mem.join_reason,

This mod then works OK.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: Chas Large on February 16, 2010, 07:59:06 AM
Thanks for the updated version. Here's a comment that may be of use to other users. If you have the Join Reason mod installed first, then this mod will fail to install on only one item, the Subs-Members.php second edit.

To overcome this, install the mod anyway then manually edit Subs-Members.php and add the "mem.is_spammer," to the end of the line

mem.id_member, mem.member_name, mem.real_name, mem.location, mem.email_address, mem.icq, mem.aim, mem.yim, mem.msn, mem.member_ip, mem.member_ip2, mem.last_login, mem.join_reason,

This mod then works OK.

Thanks for the advice.

I tried to do it compatible with as many other mods I could, but there are so many that's almost impossible.  ;D

By the way. Have you tried yet my other anti-spam mod?

I finished yesterday version 2.1 with a few more features and compatible also with 1.1.11 and RC2

It's still in the queue waiting to be approved by the Customization Team though, so I have put it in the mean time on my site as always:

http://www.snoopyvirtualstudio.com/trankos/portal/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=36&topic=306.0

Cheers

butchs

Looks interesting!!!   :)  Can you use it without installing a honeypot on your forum?

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: butchs on February 16, 2010, 09:12:49 AM
Looks interesting!!!   :)  Can you use it without installing a honeypot on your forum?

No

I am just now writing a tutorial explaining everything about this mod:

http://www.snoopyvirtualstudio.com/tutoriales/index.php?estudio=httpBL_2

Have a look.

Advertisement: