News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Stop Spammer

Started by M-DVD, December 31, 2008, 07:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yungblood

Quote from: busterone on November 30, 2011, 06:04:36 PM
Quote from: yungblood on November 30, 2011, 02:26:44 AM
I just installed Stop Spammer 2.3.9 on SMF 2.0.1. The install seemed to go clean, but I am missing a lot. When I look at all members, I see nothing new. And on the registration/setting page, I'm missing the last 3 lines. Where's my connection to Stop Forum Spam? See images...
It looks like some template edits did not get completed even though the package manager said it did, presuming it did. Did package manager display any errors previous to completing the install?
It didn't display any errors... So how do I fix it?

busterone

There are a few different ways to go, depending upon your patience and skill level with editing php files.
The simplest method is to uninstall the mod, and then try to reinstall to see if it installs correctly. If the edits were not completed properly on the initial install, you will see plenty of errors on the uninstall attempt, most likely due to code that it wants to remove, but isn't there.

You can also go the the mod download page and look to the far right. Choose your SMF version and then click the parse button. It will then display all the file edits that the mod makes, and you can manually edit each respective file.  see screenie below

AND--- Always back up your files before attempting any mod installations  :)

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: busterone on November 30, 2011, 06:01:19 PM
I presume that snoopy will, but he has been absent. He was recovering from an accident, and I haven't seen him on a couple of other sites that we are both active on either.  I need to check into his site to see if he is ok and recovering/or recovered.

I am almost fully recovered, but I have been too busy with the new Rock Band I am doing. We are going to do our first concert in a few days at a big Rock Festival and we have a million things to sort.

I have been following your conversation though, but I haven't said anything because you are doing a very good job explaining everything.  ;D

BTW, in the other site you were talking about I keep getting just a lot of "oops!" and cannot get in. I sent an email to wizzle, but didn't get any answer yet.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

busterone

Yea, I got the same thing.  :)

snoopy_virtual

I got a private message asking me again about the problem with the people getting the error:

Undefined index: stopspammer_faildb_sub

I thought I have already answered that question, because I sorted that bug ages ago, but I have been looking for it and cannot find it. I suppose I have answered the question in private (either PM, email or Skype) and forgot to say something here.

So this time I am going to answer the question here, so everybody with the same error can see the solution:

Look for the file Sources/StopSpammer.php

Search for:

function stopspammer_test_mod_ok()
{
global $txt, $modSettings, $sourcedir;

// Check first if it's enabled
if ($modSettings['stopspammer_enable'] == 1)
{
require_once($sourcedir . '/Subs-Package.php');

// Check connection
$lookup = checkDBSpammer('127.0.0.1', 'Test_Conection_DB', '[email protected]', true);

$txt['stopspammer_faildb_sub'] = $lookup ? '<span style="color: #008000">' . $txt['stopspammer_faildb1_sub'] . '</span>' : '<span class="error">'.$txt['stopspammer_faildb2_sub'].$txt['stopspammer_not_translate'].'</span>';

// Check version
$internal_version = '2.3.9';

Replace with:

function stopspammer_test_mod_ok()
{
global $txt, $modSettings, $sourcedir;

require_once($sourcedir . '/Subs-Package.php');

// Check connection
$lookup = checkDBSpammer('127.0.0.1', 'Test_Conection_DB', '[email protected]', true);

$txt['stopspammer_faildb_sub'] = $lookup ? '<span style="color: #008000">' . $txt['stopspammer_faildb1_sub'] . '</span>' : '<span class="error">' . $txt['stopspammer_faildb2_sub'] . $txt['stopspammer_not_translate'] . '</span>';

// Check first if it's enabled
if ($modSettings['stopspammer_enable'] == 1)
{
// Check version
$internal_version = '2.3.9';

In fact, doing the new version of this mod for Wedge, I have already sorted all the bugs left in it. One of these days, as soon as I find some spear time, I should put it all together and publish a final version for this mod without any bugs.

The problem is, as I am not going to use SMF any more in any of my forums, I am using the little spare time I have, working on the Wedge version for my mods.

But, as I said, even if I am not using SMF any longer, it's not nice lo leave here a version with a lot of bugs. It would be a lot nicer to say goodbye to SMF with a bug free version of all my mods.

And the other problem is I had no spare free time at all since last July, when we started the Rock Band Tebas. With all the work we had finding musicians, composing songs, recording our first demo-CD, etc (apart from the accident that kept me in hospital all October and half of November) I have been too busy.

But as soon as we finish the recording of our second demo-CD (that we are doing just now) I will try to find some time and do these bug-free versions of my mods.

By the way, if any of you like Rock, get inside our web site and download our songs. We are putting them there as soon as they are recorded so everybody can download them for free.  ;)

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

ukhalik2

Hello,

This mod is corrupt or bad.
This mod asks for ftp on the installation page. When I give it, and click on install i get internet server error 500, that i have to get fixed from the hosting support.

Any help?

busterone

The files that need to be edited must not be writable by your forum. Check your file permissions.

SD-X

All working on SMF 2.0.1 and 2.0.2!

davegior

I can now not view or log on as Admin or any user to my forum since installing the Mod.
Please help! pronto.

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
INVALID EMAIL USED TO REGISTER
This ban is not set to expire.

snoopy_virtual

It looks like you have installed an old version of the mod with the "yellow bug", sorted almost 2 years ago now.

Read first this answer I wrote almost a year ago to help somebody else with the same problem:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=283309.msg2995908#msg2995908

If that's not your case, please tell us what version of SMF you are using, what version of the mod you installed and what other mods you have in your forum.

davegior

Hey snoopy thank so much for getting back to me.
I'm using SMF 2.0.2 and I downloaded the mod yesterday from the mod listing here. Don't know the version because I can't access any thing here.
I just received and email from a member who said: pictures all do not load and the format of the website is in a mess

davegior

There were 8 .php files edited today, if I replace them w/ a backup from a week ago, do you think I will be able to get my forum back up and running?

update:
Well that didn't work, still locked out.
Guess I have to restore all my old backups files that I backed up on 1/1/12

davegior

I found out that the mod was: StopSpammer_v2_3_9.zip

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: davegior on January 17, 2012, 12:13:42 PM
I'm using SMF 2.0.2 and I downloaded the mod yesterday from the mod listing here. Don't know the version because I can't access any thing here.

If you downloaded it from here it must be the latest version 2.3.9 and that one haven't got the yellow bug, so it must be some other problem.

You didn't tell me what other mods you have. I suppose you haven't tried to install this mod if you have already installed one of the mods that are not compatible with this one, like Forum Firewall, Bad Behavior or any other. But then again maybe you didn't know they were not compatible ...

Quote from: davegior on January 17, 2012, 12:38:58 PM
There were 8 .php files edited today, if I replace them w/ a backup from a week ago, do you think I will be able to get my forum back up and running?

update:
Well that didn't work, still locked out.
Guess I have to restore all my old backups files that I backed up on 1/1/12

You can find backups inside the folder your_forum/Packages/backups

Normally SMF do always a backup before installing a mod.

snoopy_virtual

Another possible solution:

If you can access your database using phpMyAdmin or similar, look for the tables smf_ban_items and smf_ban_groups (maybe the names in your forum are different if you changed the prefix smf_ with any other one).

Inside that tables look for the ban that is stopping you and delete it.

davegior

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on January 17, 2012, 01:15:51 PM

If you can access your database using phpMyAdmin or similar, look for the tables smf_ban_items and smf_ban_groups (maybe the names in your forum are different if you changed the prefix smf_ with any other one).

I just completed a full copy of my smf/ folder including sub folders and files from my hard drive to my server. The file dates are 1/1/12.
After completing the copy I still have an error:
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
INVALID EMAIL USED TO REGISTER
This ban is not set to expire.

I did register for a key for the MOD STOPSPAMMER, could this somehow be banning me? I replaced every file??

davegior

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on January 17, 2012, 01:15:51 PM

I looked in site the both tables and didn't see anything blocking me. I deleted a few that I didn't have a comment on why I banned them. Still not working. Can I delete ALL inside the table next?

snoopy_virtual

You only replaced the files in your forum, but not the database and I think the problem is in your database.

Haven't you got a backup of your database?

Quote from: davegior on January 17, 2012, 02:38:00 PM
I looked in site the both tables and didn't see anything blocking me. I deleted a few that I didn't have a comment on why I banned them. Still not working. Can I delete ALL inside the table next?

Yes you can delete them all. That will only mean that nobody will be banned and you will need to add manually later any ban that you want to have.

QuoteI did register for a key for the MOD STOPSPAMMER, could this somehow be banning me?

Being registered or not in Stop Forum Spam has nothing to do with this problem. In fact I don't think this mod has anything to do with the problem either. It must come from somewhere else.

Are you sure you haven't being hacked?

BTW, what is the url of your forum so I can see it and try to find out more possible solutions?

davegior

Thank you Snoopy for all your help.
I deleted all email bans and I am able to log on okay. I still see the ban list just no triggers are there. But that's okay with me.

I had a member that I created for testing w/ a bogus email address. Maybe because it showed the same IP address as me the administrator was I banned?
Anyway, all is working except Mod Stop Spammer which I do not care too reinstall. The httpBL is working great now that I changed my Security Questions to be a little harder to crack. At least for now.

Thank You Snoop

Kindred

your problem had nothing to do with the stop spammer mod...    what happened is that you added a ban which included your own IP address....   so, of course your admin account (from the same computer) got banned as well...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: