RSS Feeder

Started by SlammedDime, January 11, 2009, 06:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judgey

Quote from: SlammedDime on March 23, 2009, 06:59:30 PM
Open up the ManageSettings.php and move ?> to the very end of the file.

Hey mate sorry wots the path to that file, sorry just can not think

Thank you

SlammedDime

It's in the Sources directory
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Judgey

mrtrc266

Quote from: SlammedDime on March 23, 2009, 07:03:44 PM
mrtrc - I ran your feed through with the Regex enabled with the regex you provided above, and it grabbed the full article without a problem.

I'm not sure what the problem was but I uninstalled the Mod then reinstalled and used the same regex. Now it works perfectly. Thank you very much for your help and a GREAT Mod!

Killer-B

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 24, 2009, 01:11:09 AM
mrtrc - I ran your feed through with the Regex enabled with the regex you provided above, and it grabbed the full article without a problem.

I'm not sure what the problem was but I uninstalled the Mod then reinstalled and used the same regex. Now it works perfectly. Thank you very much for your help and a GREAT Mod!

I saw that it pulled the full articles on your site... looks good! Can you post the regex line you used for others to try?

TIA

KB
SMF 2.0RC1

mrtrc266

Quote from: Killer-B on March 24, 2009, 01:35:20 AM

I saw that it pulled the full articles on your site... looks good! Can you post the regex line you used for others to try?

TIA

KB

Here is the link to the feeds I was trying to pull http://www.railbirds.com/rss/latestblogs.php

I viewed the source code and just found the DIV right before where the article started and found this...

<div class="blog-body">

And then used this for the regex.

~<div class="blog-body">(.*)<\/div>~siU

As I stated above I'm not sure why it wasn't working before but I dropped the table, uninstalled the Mod and then reinstalled. Now it works great.

SilverKnight

Needs 1.1x version....

Killer-B

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 24, 2009, 01:43:59 AM
Quote from: Killer-B on March 24, 2009, 01:35:20 AM

TIA

KB

Here is the link to the feeds I was trying to pull http://www.railbirds.com/rss/latestblogs.php

I viewed the source code and just found the DIV right before where the article started and found this...

<div class="blog-body">

And then used this for the regex.

~<div class="blog-body">(.*)<\/div>~siU

As I stated above I'm not sure why it wasn't working before but I dropped the table, uninstalled the Mod and then reinstalled. Now it works great.

Ahhhhhh - gotcha! Great way to find that out....

Many thanks - will research my feeds, and see if I can have the same success!

Cheers!

KB

@SilverKnight - "Needs 1.1x version" - Are you referring to the RSS feed (vs. 2.0) or 1.1x for SMF?  - I'm running 2.0RC1 and all my feeds are 2.0
SMF 2.0RC1

Gimenez

Hello, and first of all thanks for this great mod! Is there a way I can remove the "Source:" from the feed? I noticed you added that feature in like version 1 but is there any way to get rid of it?

SlammedDime

Anything is possible... It can be removed in ScheduledTasks.php.  Just do a search for 'Source:' in that file and remove that line.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

SilverKnight

Quote from: SlammedDime on March 25, 2009, 05:54:33 AM
Anything is possible... It can be removed in ScheduledTasks.php.  Just do a search for 'Source:' in that file and remove that line.

I don't suppose you are/planning to make a 1.1x version? it's a needed feature for everyone...  :-\

SlammedDime

Please see this quote from the previous page:
Quote from: SlammedDime on March 21, 2009, 03:41:10 PM
Sorry Nena, I won't be backporting this, it relys on too many of SMF 2.0's built in functions, and I would have to rewrite a lot of the mod to work.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

jayman2

Great mod!  I've had it running for a while now without any problems.  I just have one question.  Is there any way to automatically delete old posts?  For example, I'm importing a few news post everyday and the post count is growing.  I know I can go in and delete posts individually, but I would like to be able to delete posts that are over, for example 2 weeks old, or when the post count reaches a cerain number.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  hanks in advance.

SlammedDime

That's a bit beyond the scope of this mod, but SMF 2.0 does have a maintenance section that allows you to do this at will...

http://[yourboard]/index.php?action=admin;area=maintain;sa=topics
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Judgey

Were can i find the settings for this mod, i can add a url thats fine, just like the settings like when to post and stuff?

Thank you

SlammedDime

Each feed has it's own settings.  The only global setting is the Scheduled Task, and that can be found with the rest of the scheduled tasks settings in the admin panel.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Judgey

Thanks for that, i wonder wots up then, it dont seem to post anything from anysites :(

Killer-B

Quote from: SlammedDime on March 28, 2009, 12:40:35 PM
Each feed has it's own settings.  The only global setting is the Scheduled Task, and that can be found with the rest of the scheduled tasks settings in the admin panel.

Hey Slammed...

My RSS feeder has worked like a champ the past 3 weeks (2.0RC1) but suddenly "stopped" at 09:00 yesterday... and have not received any feeds since - (I have over 40 feeds)

I removed any dormant feeds - and checked/parsed the others  -and the links all resolve...

Also, I then went to "Scheduled Tasks" and try to run it manually (it's set to start at 08:00 every 1 hour) - and now after trying to start that, it takes me to a BLANK page.... it's obviously hanging... I loaded it on a new demo site, same URL's/Feeds - and it works fine...!? I have not added any new Mods - nor have I changed my RSS Feeds (except remove the inactive ones) - and it's still stuck - and am still getting the white screen when I try to execute manually - And there are no "errors" in the RSS Error Log either...

Thoughts??? I'm stumped!

Thanks -

KB
SMF 2.0RC1

SlammedDime

Any errors in your hosting error log?  Have you installed any mods since installing this?

Judgey - Have you tried running it manually in the scheduled tasks screen?  Are the feeds enabled (Green checkmark)?  Any errors in your forum error log?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Killer-B

Quote from: SlammedDime on March 28, 2009, 01:06:24 PM
Any errors in your hosting error log?  Have you installed any mods since installing this?

Judgey - Have you tried running it manually in the scheduled tasks screen?  Are the feeds enabled (Green checkmark)?  Any errors in your forum error log?

I don't know if you meant that for me, or for Judgy - but as stated in my original Q ... there are no new mods, and no errors are in the logs... It does show "other" activities (member notices, etc.) did happen today... just nothing on the RSS front.. :-(
SMF 2.0RC1

Advertisement: