News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fwitt

Quote from: Shaman666 on June 03, 2009, 03:34:21 PM
Is ti possible to install latest version to 1.1.9?

you can install the latest of the 2.0.x series to 1.1.9
the 2.5 betas are only for smf 2.x

niko

2.0.18 is now available for 1.1.9. No need for emulate version anymore.
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

kingkingston

Quote from: Niko on June 04, 2009, 03:43:19 AM
my unistall button for 2.0.17 is not there anymore so is it alright to delete it or how do i update the mod ?

Jaba

Hi, I have a very old version of SMF Arcade installed and want to update.
Version 2.0.9
SMF 1.1.9

There is no uninstall available for that old version and I don't have the [ Apply Mod ] option for the new version which I've uploaded 2.0.18  so I assume I need to do a manual uninstall first!?
I'm also not running the default theme!

Didn't find anything on a search in this topic on that so a push in the right direction would help?
Thanx

jeza

Quote from: BoZilla on June 02, 2009, 10:30:40 PM
Quote from: jeza on May 25, 2009, 02:05:56 PM
Hello fellow jeza
:)

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php/topic,5036.0.html

What about smf 2.0rc1-1? I'm getting the same errors when I try and install:
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php/topic,5035.15.html

jeza

Quote from: kingkingston on June 04, 2009, 04:37:58 AM
my unistall button for 2.0.17 is not there anymore so is it alright to delete it or how do i update the mod ?

The easiest way would be to uninstall the 1.1.9 update. The 2.0.17 uninstall should re-appear then.
Uninstall it, re-install the 1.1.9 update then install the 2.0.18.

Skhilled

fwgmc

Quote from: BoZilla on June 02, 2009, 10:54:30 PM
Quote from: JBlaze on June 02, 2009, 10:35:27 PM
Quote from: BoZilla on June 02, 2009, 10:30:40 PM
What about smf 2.0rc1-1? I'm getting the same errors when I try and install:
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Use the version emulate.

Click "Advanced" right below the Browse Packages page.
Ok, just tried that and still get the same error!? :( And also since a pressed emulate another one of my mods I have installed (Recent Topics) doesn't have an uninstall link. But it is still installed!? :o

This action did not function for me. It actually acted as if it did nothing. Here is what I see:
4.     SMF Arcade      2.0.18      [ List Files ]  [ Delete ] (NOTE the lack of Uninstall?)

I also tried deleting 2.0.18 and downloading/installing the beta one.

4.     SMF Arcade      2.5 Beta 5      [ List Files ]  [ Delete ] Same results .. no uninstall provided

It still does not function on either the 2.0.18 or the beta (I am using 2.0RC-1 version of SMF).  See below:
Install Actions
Installations actions for "SMF Arcade":

EDITED - PROBLEM RESOLVED...

Surprisingly enough, I found my own fix through "hacking" the modification, thanks to another poster. It would appear as though your line <install="2.0 R-1"> inside of the programs-info.xml file is preventing a successful install for folks like me who are running 2.0 RC-1 and installing the BETA version for the first time ever. I've never even run any SMF version prior to 2.0 RC-1. So after I altered that line, I got a successful installation. :) I thought I'd pass this information along. Here's the post that helped me, so that I give proper credit to the kind person:
Quote from: mraza on May 29, 2009, 11:01:51 AM
well maybe this could help ...when you download any MOD which is not compatible with your version. do one thing download the package and extract the file named package-info.xml...then between the code find line something like this <install for="1.1.6-1.99.99"> and <uninstall for="1.1.6-1.99.99"> .... change it to <install> and <uninstall>. hope this hack will work for you as i use this before on many mods but don't continue if you got any Test Fail...good luck

shep41

Hi Guys.
I have a problem with smf arcade. Im running smf 2rc 1-1 and have several themes installed, The problem is i use the smf default theme for my forum and smf arcade has issues with this theme. When you go to play a game it states that i need to  install javascript. The smf arcade works fine on every other theme i have installed.

Any ideas?

Nigel

fwitt

Quote from: shep41 on June 11, 2009, 07:56:12 AM
Hi Guys.
I have a problem with smf arcade. Im running smf 2rc 1-1 and have several themes installed, The problem is i use the smf default theme for my forum and smf arcade has issues with this theme. When you go to play a game it states that i need to  install javascript. The smf arcade works fine on every other theme i have installed.

Any ideas?

Nigel

have you checked this: http://www.smfarcade.info/wiki/SMF_Arcade/FAQ#Error:_You_need_to_enable_javascript_in_order_to_play_games.21

shep41

Hi
I have changed the file permissions and still have the same issue.
Can any one shed any light on this subject?

Nigel

fwitt

Quote from: shep41 on June 11, 2009, 04:16:42 PM
Hi
I have changed the file permissions and still have the same issue.
Can any one shed any light on this subject?

Nigel

hrmmm found another similar problem try reading this one... http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php/topic,4957.0.html

shep41

Nope still not working, any more ideas apart from using a different theme?

fwitt

as its working for all but the default theme its about working out what is different in how your default theme to your custom themes that could affect this issue.

romper

Sorry if it was answered but 192 pages are to much to read....mod works great but my question is why many games can't save score, it sais error has occured, and I know this games have options for saving?

fwitt

Quote from: romper on June 15, 2009, 08:41:55 PM
Sorry if it was answered but 192 pages are to much to read....mod works great but my question is why many games can't save score, it sais error has occured, and I know this games have options for saving?

different games use different scoring systems for instance the variable that sends the score from the game to the website could be called score, highscore, hscore, money, gold etc. also different games send the score to different places, for instance index.php, newscore.php or they may send the score to a relative path or even to an external url.

The games also have different methods of identifying themselves to the website, they might have a name or a number, the score submission might be encrypted. All this depends on what the game author intended there game to be used for.

SMF Arcade supports some of the most common scoring systems.

To know if your game works with the arcade you need to know which scoring system your version of the game uses (some games have been released with several different versions for different scoring systems) and check that against the list of scoring systems the arcade supports. There is more info on this in the stickies on the Games Board at smfarcade.info

Morp

Hello,
I got forum version:1.1.9
Arcade version:2.0.18

Me and my members can't submit the highscore at ANY game.
We click on submit and nothing happens.

Any ideas what can be wrong?

jeza

Quote from: Morp on June 17, 2009, 10:50:56 AM
Hello,
I got forum version:1.1.9
Arcade version:2.0.18

Me and my members can't submit the highscore at ANY game.
We click on submit and nothing happens.

Any ideas what can be wrong?

http://www.smfarcade.info/wiki/SMF_Arcade/FAQ#Scores_do_not_save

check items 4 and 6

saibaworld

I wanted to install this mod on my forum but saw this warning on the download page:

QuoteBeta Warning!
This is an early beta release of SMF Arcade 2.5.
Some of features are not yet complete and there maybe bugs that may cause data loss.
You should report all bugs to our Issue Tracker, feature request are also welcome.

REMEMBER TO MAKE BACKUPS!

When is the full release coming out?
"The magician and the politician have much in common: they both have to draw our attention away from what they are really doing." - Ben Okri
"The one being carried does not realize how far away the town is." - Nigerian proverb

ANF Forum  ||  Study & Scholarships || Jobs & Careers || The Internist

Uhura!

It works great with 1.1.8 & 1.1.9
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Advertisement: