News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexHobbs

Quote from: AlexHobbs on June 01, 2005, 09:28:05 AM
Quote from: Niko on June 01, 2005, 09:21:25 AM
make sure you have upload ArcadeAdmin.php and others
Does that mean i also have to upload arcade.xml and the other .xml?
Right ive uploaded every single file in the zip and it still comes up with the same error?
I've run arcade_sql.php to install it and it still dosent work

niko

Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

johnm

Quote from: nokonium on June 01, 2005, 08:33:25 AM
Quote from: Niko on May 31, 2005, 03:45:15 PM
You can also post to smfgames forum...

Do I want to post in SMF Games? Yes I do, I have a forum that is running Arcade, it is a popular feature and I have some bug problems that need to be resolved. However I cannot post there because I and my IP have been banned without any warning, for saying it as I saw it. I did not call anyone an idiot or worse, I did not excercise the swear filter. I am a blunt speaker and will continue to be.

FYI I have a screenshot of the security message.

well dont take this the wrong way but that doesnt actually mean that the cert isnt valid its just saying that your browser doesnt recognise it.
if you use fire fox or ie and double click on the padlock (better in FF) it will confirm that it is indeed valid.

i personaly purchaed this cert for smfgames and i did it at rapidssl.com through my reseller if you still have doubts you can contact them at [email protected] and they will actually check it for you.

all i am tying to do is help our members achive greater privacy by having the option to register/login via ssl and obvously for other reasons like maybe a shop. ssl helps prevent the data being read between the server and the client.

now if you want you can email me (its in my profile) to discuss this otherwise you remain banned for the reasons wich were meantioned before
John

caNcer_b0y

Quote from: AlexHobbs on June 01, 2005, 09:43:01 AM
Right ive uploaded every single file in the zip and it still comes up with the same error?

Some times more than one run of arcade_sql.php is needed.  Also, did you uninstall the previous version you had installed?  if not you should do so :) then let us know if it has been resolved. :)
My Forum [nofollow]

Harro

Anychance that in future releases of the arcade something will change for the tournaments?
Now when a tournament is over, nothing happens...
If you don't go to the tournament you won't know who won.
Maybe another page with "finished tournaments" with the results there?

AlexHobbs

Quote from: caNcer_b0y on June 01, 2005, 11:56:05 PM
Quote from: AlexHobbs on June 01, 2005, 09:43:01 AM

Some times more than one run of arcade_sql.php is needed.  Also, did you uninstall the previous version you had installed?  if not you should do so :) then let us know if it has been resolved. :)

Ive run arcade_sql.php more then once and before i uploaded every new file i deleted allthe old ones to do with arcade. Im doing this manually and it comes up with
2: call_user_func(ArcadeAdmin): First argument is expected to be a valid callback
File: /home2/wide/public_html/forum/index.php
Line: 119
Should i try and use package manager?

AlexHobbs

Quote from: Harro on June 02, 2005, 07:11:40 AM
Anychance that in future releases of the arcade something will change for the tournaments?
Yea im experiencing that - only the players who played it can view the results is there any way to make them public?

vintagepc

I'm having a prob, with 1.0.3- dl'd it with the package manager, but the arcade won't install, I just get a page of errors... what do I do?

dtm.exe

Quote from: vintagepc on June 02, 2005, 11:43:02 AM
I'm having a prob, with 1.0.3- dl'd it with the package manager, but the arcade won't install, I just get a page of errors... what do I do?

Post the errors that you're getting when you install the SMF Arcade mod.

-Dan The Man

vintagepc

Install
Checking database differences
Connected and Selected Database
Finding tables... 133 tables in database

Notice: Undefined index: theme_dir in /home/virus/public_html/vintagepc/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 839

Notice: Undefined index: default_theme_dir in /home/virus/public_html/vintagepc/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 841

Notice: Undefined index: default_theme_dir in /home/virus/public_html/vintagepc/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 848

Notice: Undefined index: theme_dir in /home/virus/public_html/vintagepc/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 897

Notice: Undefined index: theme_url in /home/virus/public_html/vintagepc/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 897

Notice: Undefined index: theme_dir in /home/virus/public_html/vintagepc/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 898

Notice: Undefined index: theme_url in /home/virus/public_html/vintagepc/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 898

Notice: Undefined index: default_theme_url in /home/virus/public_html/vintagepc/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 899

Notice: Undefined index: default_theme_url in /home/virus/public_html/vintagepc/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 900

The default theme's directory is wrong, please correct it by clicking this text.

Notice: Undefined index: theme_dir in /home/virus/public_html/vintagepc/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 839

An Error Has Occurred!
2: mysql_affected_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource
File: /home/virus/public_html/vintagepc/forum/Packages/temp/arcade_sql.php
Line: 916 

vintagepc

also, when I try to view topics I'm told that my databases are SMF 1.0.2, but  my install is .0.3.
odd... and that champ and when viewing posts I get :

Table 'virus_vintage2.smf_games_champ' doesn't exist
File: /home/virus/public_html/vintagepc/forum/Sources/Display.php
Line: 546

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.3, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

vintagepc

odd, just re-ran arcade_sql, no errors this time, and it seems to be fixed...

niko

thats for next version
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

nokonium

Quote from: johnm on June 01, 2005, 04:29:06 PM
well dont take this the wrong way but that doesnt actually mean that the cert isnt valid its just saying that your browser doesnt recognise it.
John

I am very pleased to see that you have become a member of Our-Local and that you and our internet security expert are discussing this issue.

Harro

Quote from: Niko on June 02, 2005, 12:47:29 PM

thats for next version

Great ;)
Looking forward to it :)

superstorm

im having so many problems installing this lol . If someone would be kind enough to drop me a pm or something to help me out id really really appreciate it

johnm

Quote from: nokonium on June 02, 2005, 01:30:11 PM
Quote from: johnm on June 01, 2005, 04:29:06 PM
John

I am very pleased to see that you have become a member of Our-Local and that you and our internet security expert are discussing this issue.

i give up! lol

redone

If your doing the install manually follow the readme.html and upload all files.

LFC4EVA

my members cant view the arcade.
its enabled and they have permission but nothing
any ideas

johnm

Quote from: LFC4EVA on June 05, 2005, 02:14:12 PM
my members cant view the arcade.
its enabled and they have permission but nothing
any ideas

you going to need to post a little more info than that

Advertisement: