News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Mods reading as installed, but aren't

Started by waterrat, December 21, 2008, 01:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtremecruiser

Since I updated to 1.8 I get the
"Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."
error
This thread has been no help
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=278824.0

On a side note, packages install fine on a fresh install of smf 1.1.8

And if I use the 1.1.6 packages.php I can get mods to install but some work and others dont dude to it saying the db is Software Version:           SMF 1.1.2

xtremecruiser

How about a update with this error that many have

Bulakbol

@xtremecruiser

Try deleting your cookie.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

tatoon

I have a similar problem to what was described before.

I install mods and in the package section they all look successful, the green dot is next to the mod name (I guess it means it's running).

But when I go back to post a new topic (these mods im trying modify the behavior of adding attachments when posting), everything looks the same. But in the screenshots of the mod I see there should be a few more options.
So basically, the mod is not working.
I tried to stop/start apache, delete all my cache, cookies, etc. Try different browser and different computer.
So it's something to do with my installation of smf.

Any idea?

Tyrsson

@tatoon

Smf version?

Theme you are using?

MOd you are trying to install?

Any other info that would help to point us in the right direction.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

JBlaze

Quote from: tatoon on April 24, 2009, 05:28:31 AM
I have a similar problem to what was described before.

I install mods and in the package section they all look successful, the green dot is next to the mod name (I guess it means it's running).

But when I go back to post a new topic (these mods im trying modify the behavior of adding attachments when posting), everything looks the same. But in the screenshots of the mod I see there should be a few more options.
So basically, the mod is not working.
I tried to stop/start apache, delete all my cache, cookies, etc. Try different browser and different computer.
So it's something to do with my installation of smf.

Any idea?

The green dot next to a mod means that you are currently using the most recent version of that mod.

As for your mods not working, are you using a custom theme? When you install a mod, it only installs on the default theme. You must then manually edit the custom theme's template files for the mod to work on a custom theme.

To find the manual install instructions, go to the mods page and parse the instructions for your forum version.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

tatoon

I havent installed any additional theme.
Im using the default one from smf.

I'll check those parse entries you mentioned.

Dragooon

Is mod_security or php safe_mode enabled? Are you sure the permissions for files are correct?

tatoon

Perfect!

It was the mod_security.
Never heard about that before. But I disabled it and the mods are now running as they should.

Thanks a lot!!!

Dragooon

Advertisement: