News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

YaBB Gold SP 1.x to SMF Conversion (with Attachments)

Started by rooster, March 27, 2005, 10:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster

The current converter doesn't convert attachments. At http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=28879.0 , [Unknown] said he was going to work on improving the current converter to allow conversion of attachment. That was a while ago, so I bet he is too busy to get that done anytime soon.

So, I began to look at converting to YabbSE first before converting to SMF. I originally thought that the converter for YaBB Gold SP 1.x to YaBBSE allows conversion of attachment. But apparently, it doesn't convert attachments too.

I dug a bit into the old YabbSE forum and found that there was talk about Converter Plus that will do the job. But I can't find where to download Converter Plus. Could someone please enlighten me? Where could I find a Yabb Gold-YabbSE converter that allows conversion of attachments?

Many thanks in advance.

[Unknown]

The YaBB SE one does convert attachments, and was tested to do so.  Even so, this is why I asked for a testing installation to be able to convert the attachments so I could verify whether they work or not.  I would only need FTP.

Frankly, I am a bit too busy to do it right now, but I can try to do it this coming week.

-[Unknown]

rooster

Quote from: [Unknown] on March 27, 2005, 04:59:24 PM
The YaBB SE one does convert attachments, and was tested to do so.

Hmmm... strange. I did install YaBBSE and then convert from YaBB Gold SP 1.1 to YaBBSE but no attachments are visible on the posts.

QuoteEven so, this is why I asked for a testing installation to be able to convert the attachments so I could verify whether they work or not.  I would only need FTP.

I will see if I can get a test site prepared for you with FTP access.

QuoteFrankly, I am a bit too busy to do it right now, but I can try to do it this coming week.

That would be good! Thanks.  ;)

rooster

Hi [Unknown],

Any luck with adding attachment conversion to the YaBB->SMF convertor?

Sorry, I haven't been able to get a spare server up and running for your testing. I will try again this weekend.

Thanks.

Advertisement: