News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

ST Shop

Started by Diego Andrés, June 13, 2009, 06:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcfwesker

I'm not ignoring your posts.  If I don't have any idea how to give support for someone's request then I don't waste mine or their time by posting, "I don't know".

I've read your post description 6 or 7 times and still don't have an idea of what it is exactly you're asking for.   If you're gonna use the Shop as a points system, and want members to pay for stuff ( but not make items, rather they pay a certain amount for something specific ... AND it's all going to you, or another Admin, to deliver these custom things ...

Then why not just let members use the "Send Money To User" Option.  Have a topic with all the items they can redeem points for.  Then members can send you the amounts they want to spend, and when they do that there is an option to leave a message to you.  Which in that message they can say what they want.

skeletonkiss

" If I don't have any idea how to give support for someone's request then I don't waste mine or their time by posting, "I don't know"." <--- this is basically the same as ignoring.

If that works the same as what I was asking for then why not just tell me that? I didn't realize that function was a part of the mod, it was kind of tucked in there, so I wasn't aware it did what I wanted. Simply suggesting I use that instead of acting like my asking for this kind of thing was completely ridiculous would have been nice.

Kimmie

Anyone know how to add more games to this mod?

hcfwesker

Quote from: skeletonkiss on August 25, 2014, 05:59:23 PM" If I don't have any idea how to give support for someone's request then I don't waste mine or their time by posting, "I don't know"." <--- this is basically the same as ignoring.

How so?  As many times as you kept reposting your request someone else was bound to reply and have a concrete answer or mayyyyyybe help.  No?  then at least be glad I did, cause you'd be reposting the same requests for weeks until you might have gotten a response.  Sheesh.   Have you not looked at the MOD Description page?  Nowhere on it does it say I'm the developer, nor am I required to provide 24/7 support for this mod and answer every single post in it.  That's the beauty of providing freelance support.  Seriously, dude, get over it.

QuoteIf that works the same as what I was asking for then why not just tell me that?

I did.  And, you're welcome ;)

QuoteI didn't realize that function was a part of the mod, it was kind of tucked in there, so I wasn't aware it did what I wanted.

Ignorance is bliss.

QuoteSimply suggesting I use that instead of acting like my asking for this kind of thing was completely ridiculous would have been nice.

The fact I did go out of my way to "think outside the box" for an alternative solution should have at least gotten a little bit of gratitude and appreciation.  I'll know better next time ;)  Your problem, from what I see, is you are persistent, demanding, and show no level of patience or appreciation, for that matter.

@ SMF Staff ... if I get in trouble for this I'll gladly accept the consequences.  Support responses like these just really light my fuse.  I'm done though, one reply is all I'll waste my time with

Quote from: Kimmie on August 25, 2014, 06:35:53 PM
Anyone know how to add more games to this mod?

I was actually fixing to redirect you to the Arcade/Shop mod integration, but seen you posted on there.  I havent tried it, but you can test both on a test site or something.

Kimmie

skeletonkiss

I seem to be able to see the points/send gift on users mini  profiles, regardless of if the shop is enabled. I have tested this from other accounts and as a guest. Is there a way to make them not show up or select which groups it does for? As it's showing points: 0 and Send Gift for guest posts too.

meemzo

I have tried everything to customize images. Uploaded new images to image folders in, sources, default template, template in use all to no avail.  They do not populate in the drop down box to add, change items even using the "rock" installation.  Please advise.

**And yes the proper folders sources/shop/item_images

hcfwesker

Quote from: meemzo on October 22, 2014, 04:46:16 PM**And yes the proper folders sources/shop/item_images

Sources/shop would be for SMF Shop, SA Shop is Sources/shop2 , I believe

And, the proper folder to upload images to (for SA Shop MOD) is Themes/(theme name)/images/shopimg/item_images

You'll also need to add the image to the same folder for all your themes, so they appear on each theme.

Diego Andrés

Hey
Is there any special new feature you would like to see in SA Shop for SMF 2.1?

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

DSystem

Use this mod for about a year and has served me very well.

The following items that I find necessary to further improve:

1) When Member buy an item, on the need to use in the inventory (Using the item automatically)
Or have the option to disable inventory, which in my case only generates confusion.

2) admin Option to choose how many items per page is shown in the store. (Purchase items)

3) also leave the items in alphabetical order (purchase items)

4) show all the items that the user has bought. Currently the item go to inventory, after using it and shown what the user already bought.

I'm going to ask for my moderators Forum if you have a few more ideas.

Diego Andrés

1- That would kill the purpose of the shop, but maybe later I can help you to do that in the new version
2- That was done from the beginning! And that option it's used for everything, items list, categories, logs.
3- If you mean for buying items, it's already in that way in the new version, and you can still sort the list by price, stock, etc
4- You mean including the items that the user has also sold or used? Ummm, the log should work for that, I'll just need to add an option to filter by user

Cylent1

Quote from: Diego Andrés on October 27, 2014, 01:41:06 AM
Hey
Is there any special new feature you would like to see in SA Shop for SMF 2.1?
If it would be possible!
1: option to subtract credits/points for a reply (whatever value admin sets).
2: option to add credits/points for starting topic (whatever value admin sets).
in each individual board settings.
And the option to turn off the "View inventory, send/gift" links under avatar in forums.
This would basicly be able to be turned into a very decent credit system with those options.
PLEASE!!! :-[ :-[ :-[

Diego Andrés

Both are already done. You can always set negative values there anyway.
The last point you wrote, I think it is also included already in the new version.

Cylent1

Quote from: Diego Andrés on November 07, 2014, 07:36:35 AM
Both are already done. You can always set negative values there anyway.
Yes I am aware that can be done as of now.

I am using SA SHop rc1 along with karma description mod and a hide feature already, but need the option of
the member needing a set minimum amount of credits in possesion to enter set boards.
Not a minimum post count, but a minimum credit/points count to enter topic.

any timetable for a RC?
or I can even beta test if possible?
Also thanx for everything!!!

Diego Andrés

Maybe on December.
However, the new version is just for smf 2.1

Cylent1

Quote from: Diego Andrés on November 07, 2014, 03:20:23 PM
Maybe on December.
However, the new version is just for smf 2.1
Thanks! one quick question though...
I recieved word that the karma mod will be eliminated from SMF v2.1.
How is that affecting your newest version sa shop?

Diego Andrés

Is not affecting it in any way.
Why should it?

Cylent1

will you be creating karma fully integrated in your mod?
and if not, what karma mod will you be using considering they are taking this featue out of SMF?

Diego Andrés

But why karma? Karma is totally different to the shop mod.
Also there's already available a karma mod for smf 2.1 made by the dev team.

Cylent1

Quote from: Diego Andrés on November 07, 2014, 04:05:21 PM
But why karma? Karma is totally different to the shop mod.
Also there's already available a karma mod for smf 2.1 made by the dev team.
Because with your shop mod, karma mod, Karma Description mod, and Hide Tag Special mod, I have many more options to use to
try and accomplish what I need.    I just need an option like "Minimum credit count to allow unhide content" ,
or a way to deduct a karma point for a reply. >(preferred method)
I also thought the karma mod played a decent role in your shop mod?

Advertisement: