News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Good Post/Bad Post Mod

Started by OutofOrder, June 17, 2009, 10:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OutofOrder

Quote from: [Daydreamer] on August 23, 2009, 11:15:56 PM
Quote from: OutofOrder on June 30, 2009, 12:11:33 PM
Thank you Php Coder Turkish, I'll sure be adding these :) Also, it would be great if there was another turkish speaker that could check those.

Thanks Sabre, djkmmo & [Daydreamer] for the spotted bugs. Looks like a new version fixing these problems is needed.

Parecelsus, the empty gpbp.js file bug seems to be a Firebug bug only. It doesn't happen with Firebug disabled or in any other browsers AFAIK.
I'll later take a look at your Display.template file, the bugfixes come first, so please hang on.

OutOfOrder New version coming soon ? (:

And how can i make a "Most liked posts" list?
The version addressing this issues has already been released, please check the first post.
I can't say when a new version will come out, and I haven't done much since.

jak6868

Quote from: jak6868 on August 16, 2009, 01:42:01 PM
hi - the voting arrows do not appear on firefox running on osx. I've confirmed this on two different macs.
they do appear on everything else (on windows computers they appear on firefox or anything else; and on macs they do appear in safari).

any ideas? thanks

hi all - i'm sorry to say this problem remains.  Here's what i'm seeing so far:
1) on g4 macs, if you update firefox to the current latest version, the vote buttons work normally. In safari they've worked normally.
2) But on intel macs, whether you use safari or FF, the vote buttons dont even show up. 

Any ideas? Anyone else on an intel mac seeing this problem? Thanks

Özgür

Thanks @OutofOrder, im missed that update.
Can you answer my second post =)
So Long

Sabre™

I just manually updated to 1.1.2 and noticed this in the Display.php
img_gpbp_up.src=smf_images_url+"gpbp_arrow_up.gif";

You missed a lil something there mate ;)
img_gpbp_up.src=smf_images_url+"/gpbp_arrow_up.gif";
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

timmytimmy

Quote from: OutofOrder on July 24, 2009, 07:06:17 AM
For the default visual settings: Admin page -> Configuration -> Themes and Layout -> Member Options -> Choose a theme then edit the options as you see fit.

hi, how do i edit the default visual settings for a SMF 1.1 forum?  i did some googling and i saw that the equivalent of "member options" in 1.1 is "reset options" but i still don't see where i can customize this. 

any help would be appreciated!

Mush Man

Does the mod show who voted on each post? If not, could you please implement it? It'd look something like this. It'd be really useful for both administrators and members. :)
Also, does the mod log all votes of posts? This would also be a good feature if it's not presently available.

OutofOrder

Quote from: Mush Man on September 14, 2009, 01:14:43 AM
Does the mod show who voted on each post? If not, could you please implement it?
It is planned for the next version.
Quote from: Mush Man on September 14, 2009, 01:14:43 AM
Also, does the mod log all votes of posts? This would also be a good feature if it's not presently available.
I'm not sure I understand your question. Votes, be them positive or negative, are kept in the database for each post for each voter. However unvoting is not logged: the vote is simply deleted.

Quote from: Sabre™ on August 28, 2009, 10:04:40 AM
I just manually updated to 1.1.2 and noticed this in the Display.php
img_gpbp_up.src=smf_images_url+"gpbp_arrow_up.gif";

You missed a lil something there mate ;)
img_gpbp_up.src=smf_images_url+"/gpbp_arrow_up.gif";
Thanks for telling. I keep messing up with those image preloads.

Dream of Omnimaga

If seeing who voted what is gonna be implemented, would it be possible to be able to disable this if we want voting to remain anonymous as they are now?

Mush Man

Thanks a lot for your reply!
Quote from: OutofOrder
Quote from: Me
I'm not sure I understand your question. Votes, be them positive or negative, are kept in the database for each post for each voter. However unvoting is not logged: the vote is simply deleted.
I'll rephrase that.
Is there a feature that allows administrators to see all historical voting actions? Say, when a member votes on another member's post, it's logged which member cast the vote, which member received the vote, which post was voted on and what time the vote took place? It, essentially, is where administrators can go if they suspect the voting system is being abused.

Also, will updating the mod reset the vote-counts? I want to implement this mod soon! :D

Sakurachan

Too bad this doesn't work for SMF 1.1.10..

I would use it than

Sabre™

It works for smf 1.1.10, the mod author just hasn't updated to say that is does.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Mush Man

You can actually change the code to make it install for SMF 1.1.10.

Look inside "package-info.xml" and change "<install for="1.1.0-1.1.9">" to "<install for="1.1.0-1.1.10">" and it'll install fine (I'm pretty sure).

piggeh

Hi

I installed this mod onto SMF 2.0 RC1.2 - I have done this on xampp on my memory stick and it worked fine (with SMF 2.0 rc1.2). However, when I have installed it onto my webserver, it installed but it cannot find the settings page (it shows in the dropdown box but with no image next to it). I get a HTTP 500 error when I click on the link to open settings. Any idea on how to fix please?

Thanks

Piggeh

diablo3x.dk

I am a noob at this so looking for some help...

I really like this mod. It so much kicks karma's butt! The normal karma system is way too simple.

Is it possible to use it with any themes? I have this site - www.forum.diablo3x.dk - which uses a modified theme and Danish as default language. What would I have to do, to implement this awesome mod?I have nearly no PHP experience...

I really have no experience on modifying mods. If someone could help me out here, it would be really great.

If I can help with the translation into Danish I would like to offer this service :) I just don't know how to do it.

Mush Man

OutofOrder, could you please answer my questions in this post?
Also, if I updated to the next version of the mod which displays which members have voted on a post,  would the votes that have already been made then display who made those votes?

smldmr

Hi, the turkish translation is not good. I think the translation is a machine translation, many gramatical failures and many code failures. Thats why i get some php errors, because of some ' signs.

Here is my edited version. You can copy-paste the text in the language files. It's not 100% correct, but better as before.

genenj

I get this error when trying to install this on 1.1.10 default theme. Same when I use a custom theme. Any advice?

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Install Actions
Installations actions for "Good Post/Bad Post Mod":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Code    gpbp_1.1.x_install.php    
2.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Display.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Profile.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Stats.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed

Alleks

Is there any way to allow post voting only to users with "x" amount of posts?

PatriiickEmin

I know my forum version is a bit out of date (I have 1.1.7), but I cannot upgrade there is a permission error. So I am stuck with 1.1.7, that seems to make installing GoodPostBadPost impossible, the install won't launch. I can add the paquet, but when I apply the Mod, it says "cannot install" or something like that. Has someone installed it successfully on SMF 1.1.7? Thanks.

Advertisement: