News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Battle

Started by Chen Zhen, July 13, 2009, 08:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imno007

Thanks. I installed it just for the fun of it, to let members play with it a bit. Of course the questions have already started coming, how to do this and that, and I have to tell them well, your guess is as good as mine. With no tutorial provided, I might have to axe it just to avoid having to become an expert on the thing to answer all the questions. But we'll see, maybe it's all so intuitive that no documentation is required. ;)

SA™

there is no docs for this mod at the moment cos it still going thru changes
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Kratty256

Battle RC6 released!

•    +Added showing of a Monsters attack and defense before attacking.
  •     !Fixed many errors.
  •     +Added polishing of text when purchasing items or upgrading your stats.
  •     !Fixed losing of stats when uninstalling and installing (thanks SA).
  •     !Fixed hardcoded text.
  •     +Links in Battle Admin will now open in a new tab.
  •     +Added several tweaks to the language file.
  •     +Revision text now comes from the language file, instead of being hardcoded.
  •     !Fixed monster range to work correctly (thanks SA).
  •     !Fixed undefined index mon_range (thanks SA),
  •     !Fixed running away from a monster taking you back to the same page.
  •     +Added an error showing if a monster is out of range and you not being able to attack it (thanks SA).
This is a pretty big release, so it is highly recommended that you uninstall any previous versions of Battle and install this one.

The newest feature in this one is monster range, here's how it works:
The "range" (can be set in Battle Admnin) must be less than or equal to the users' current level. If it's greater, it will throw an error saying that the monster is out of range.

Armen

Got error letting monster range be blank. When added a monster users cant fight him bcause they don't see "attack or not" menus.

Kratty256

Not quite understanding you. Is this when you add a monster?

Attack and Run Away are both buttons used when you encounter a monster when you explore.

Package has been updated. Forgot to change the version from BETA to RC6.

SilverKnight

Quote from: Armen on February 11, 2011, 10:14:11 AM
Got error letting monster range be blank. When added a monster users cant fight him bcause they don't see "attack or not" menus.

I get this bug too, not being able to attack or runaway from a monster with range. Please fix it.

Can i also suggest that you add:

Jobs (Same thing as quests, under a different panel)
More quest outcomes (2 is not enough and gets boring for the user!) If there were at least 5 then outcomes and doing quests might be more interesting.

Ability to add more images to for the monster panel would be nice too! Ive replaced all the default monster png files and have no more space for new ones.

Sounds and music would be nice as well. Music which plays in the background which does not get interrupted while playing and sounds upon outcomes\attacking monsters.

Property - Being able to buy a house, this could effect how much health you regain on your own as well as energy.
Property Upgrades - Being able to buy a training centre (To regain attack), fields (Gold income), (Bed Types - Energy) etc.

Inn - To rest and regain stamina.

Monster and player abilities - E.g. A dragon can breath fire which goes against your fire resistance (The less you have the more you get hurt) Player abilities could include certain moves which are more effective against different types of monsters.

The ability for quests to have images.

Weapon and armor equipts (Buying better armor and weapons which effect and add to your attack and defence)

Kratty256

A new version of this mod is released today; however I keep getting an error when trying to upload the mod so you can get the latest version from here:
http://andrewdev.freedomdynamic.com/index.php?action=download;sa=showinfo;board=14;attach=15;topic=60

Ken.

That link gives me an error page:
QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!    Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
You are blacklisted!
This ban is not set to expire.

Also, in your signature the "My Devlopment Site" link gives the same error.
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

Kratty256

I hate to ask you this but can you go to whatismyip.com and PM me your IP address? I have alot of bans on my site and need to know which one I need to lift for you.

Also I just updated my signature with the correct link. :P

Ken.

Quote from: Andrew94© on April 13, 2011, 12:57:34 PM
I hate to ask you this but can you go to whatismyip.com and PM me your IP address? I have alot of bans on my site and need to know which one I need to lift for you.

Also I just updated my signature with the correct link. :P

PM sent.  8)
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

Kratty256

@Ken. Ban removed. :)

Mod finally uploaded(thanks Sleepy), here is the changelog since release candidate 6:

•     +Added support for Core theme.
  •     +Added new tiles to Explore.
  •     !Fixed missing text string battle_not_range.
  •     +Upgrade option is now available.
  •     +Added readme file for installation.
  •     +Added a redirect to the Battle Config page for after installation.
  •     !Updated all source links contained within Battle (news, current version, etc.)
  •     !Fixed an error leaving mon_range blank in Battle Admin.
There is the option to upgrade now so you do not have to uninstall and then reinstall it. Just upload the package and click the [Upgrade] link next to the newer package (it will have a red circle next to it).

The last host I was on (ariact) is going to shut down soon, if you have an old version the links will not work and eventually the scripts in Battle Admin will not work either. Upgrade as soon as possible!

Ken.

Got it, thanks Andrew.  :)

Trying it on one of my test-sites.

Joker002

I have 2 errors
http://**.com/forum/index.php?action=battle;sa=quest;home

8: Undefined index: is_final

file: /home/**/public_html/forum/Themes/default/Battle.template.php
line: 942

http://**.com/forum/index.php?action=battle;sa=upgrade;done

8: Undefined index: done

file: /home/**/public_html/forum/Themes/default/Battle.template.php
line: 504

Kratty256

Oh rats I forgot Final Quest wasn't ready. Can't believe I left it in for this release.

Use the file attached instead. It also includes a bugfix being able to get negative stat points.

Ken.

Installed this new battle.template file and after several 'Explore' rounds no errors are showing up.

Ken.

When attempting to upgrade (Max Attack) but that element is already maxed out it throws an error page and this error displays in the forum error log:

Quote../index.php?action=battle;sa=upgrade;done
8: Undefined index: battle_upcheat
File: ../Themes/default/languages/Battle.english.php (battle_stat_up sub template - eval?)
Line: 497

Kratty256

Oh right I added a new text string in the beta versions.

In Battle.english.php and Battle.english-utf8.php
Add this line:
$txt['battle_upcheat'] = 'Cheating is not allowed.';

Joker002

Thank you.
New error
http://**.com/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=battle;sa=quest_edit;quest=1

8: Undefined index: is_final

File: /home/**/public_html/forum/Sources/Battle/Battle_Admin.php
Line: 501

booch_21

Great game!  I just installed it today for the first time and the users are starting to experiment with it.  One of my huge gamers had a few suggestions for the author.  I'll pass them along, but realize that I have yet to play it myself so know not of what he speaks of!  Thanks!

Suggestions:

- Energy should be used each time you attack a player, otherwise it'll just become a game of constantly having to pay to rez when you come on from people like user xyz
- Once you defeat a monster, have a quick way to return to the explore menu
- In the "history" box, or somewhere easier, have a list of people online that you can attack or a link directly to attack them. It's rather cumbersome to go into the forum to find a name and rez.
- Establish a 24 hour free item that each new player can use to stay alive and try out the game.
- At each new level, restore attack/defense/health. Also, add the stat when it's upgraded. Have attack go down when you try and complete items while out of stamina, defense go down every time a player attacks you, and that will expand the use of those items in the shop and make it feel less like you're wasting 50 bucks for a small upgrade.
- Display the health of the person you are targeting. It does this for monsters, it should do it for members.

Awesome stuff and I look forward to more like this.

Kratty256

QuoteEnergy should be used each time you attack a player, otherwise it'll just become a game of constantly having to pay to rez when you come on from people like user xyz

Stamina is used when you attack a player is it not?

QuoteOnce you defeat a monster, have a quick way to return to the explore menu

This can be done rather quickly, I'll get this done ASAP.

QuoteEstablish a 24 hour free item that each new player can use to stay alive and try out the game.

Would this just be for new users? Are you suggesting that new users should not be able to die after 24 hours?

QuoteAt each new level, restore attack/defense/health. Also, add the stat when it's upgraded. Have attack go down when you try and complete items while out of stamina, defense go down every time a player attacks you, and that will expand the use of those items in the shop and make it feel less like you're wasting 50 bucks for a small upgrade.

This would make things super easy.

QuoteDisplay the health of the person you are targeting. It does this for monsters, it should do it for members.

This can be done rather quickly as well, I'll do this ASAP as well.

Thanks for the suggestions, I should have enough time on Saturday to at least look into all these.

Advertisement: