News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Battle

Started by Chen Zhen, July 13, 2009, 08:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

NekoJonez,

You should uninstall & delete your current version. After this you just install the beta version which will not cause any data loss from previous versions of Battle.

Battle has permissions for game play where you can restrict it to a specific group & only add people that wish to play to that group. I understand what you are suggesting & I can implement something for the next version where one can have permission to play Battle but has to initialize a user setting that acknowledges they wish to initially start participating.  This way those that do not want to participate will not be included in the user Battle nor will it wait for those users for certain game play settings.

Jeffrey King,

There is user PM configuration on the Battle page under the link of Settings.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

NekoJonez

Yeah, that might be an amazing idea.
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Burt

I give up... I have no idea of how to get the Campaign option to work. (is it supposed to work already?) When I click on "Add New Campaign" the following message appear:

"The campaign must be created prior to editing!"

There is no Go button anywhere and please can someone tell me if I'm reading this right?:

" For campaigns it is recommended to create new usergroup(s), add members to them that wish to participate in those campaigns and set the permissions for those membergroup(s) to be able to participate in each campaign. The permissions will appear in your permission list as campaigns are created."

Create new usergroup (no problems), add member to them (no problems), set permission (no option available for Campaign in permissions because cannot create campaigns in game)

What am I doing wrong?

Burt

If you Sig. line is longer or higher than two line, you are just an attention seeker. Grow up!

NekoJonez

I got this in my error log...

Quotehttp://www.arpegi.be/index.php?action=battle;sa=search;open=3;session=a407c959da52e02ba4e3d538300707112385;home;
2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
/customers/b/f/a/arpegi.be/httpd.www/Sources/Subs-Battle.php
Line: 355

That is this.

Quote$result =  $smcFunc['db_query']('', '

SELECT {raw:sum}

COUNT(*) as {raw:col}

FROM {db_prefix}{raw:table}',

array(

'col' => $colm,

'table' => $table,

'sum' => $sum_as,

)

);

So do I need to worry about this?

Twitter
My Blog

Chen Zhen

NekoJonez,

Thank you for the report. I neglected to define that array in case you have not created any explore actions. 

File: /Sources/Subs-Battle.php

Find:

foreach ($context['battle_explore'] as $row)

replace with:

$context['battle_explore'] = !empty($context['battle_explore']) ? $context['battle_explore'] : array();
foreach ($context['battle_explore'] as $row)

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Chen Zhen

Burt,

I have fixed this issue in the Battle v1.15-Beta2 release.
You can find beta releases for Battle at this link: http://webdevelop.comli.com/index.php?board=20.0
A newer release of Battle will not be posted on the SMF modification repository until other substantial development has been applied to it.

NekoJonez,

Battle v1.15-Beta2 also includes the fix for what you reported.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Burt

Quote from: -Underdog- on February 03, 2014, 12:11:08 AM
Burt,

You can find beta releases for Battle at this link: http://webdevelop.comli.com/index.php?board=20.0
A newer release of Battle will not be posted on the SMF modification repository until other substantial development has been applied to it.

NekoJonez,

Regards.

Hi Underdog

I did install the 1.15 beta 2 but the only difference I can see is that below the three campaign at the top (Alpha, beta, delta) then there is a new one with no picture called Campaign_4 that I cannot access, prune or delete. Other than that I can now add a new campaign but that it is as far as I can go. There are no new permission for campaign in the permission, and I got no Go button in the menu. Finally I still have no idea of what the campaign is or does  :D. Do we have a manual anywhere that explain this new feature...
Probably I'm doing something wrong  :)
If you Sig. line is longer or higher than two line, you are just an attention seeker. Grow up!

NekoJonez

Quote from: -Underdog- on February 03, 2014, 12:11:08 AM
Burt,

NekoJonez,

Regards.

Is there more then just that fixed?

Twitter
My Blog

Burt

No good...

Now I'm not able to access any longer the game Stats because of a database error. "smf_battle_campaign_4' doesn't exist" and "File: /Sources/Subs-Battle.php Line: 716"
The game still work but in the admin I get a similar message: "File: /Sources/BattleQuests.php Line: 975"

;D

Ah the joy of modding....

Burt

Hello again Underdog. Would it be possible to add in the Admin Battle Config, a text box where you can type the name of your "Members Uploaded Avatars folder", so that the Main.php file does look in both folders for the members avatars? At the moment, when you select Battle in the game and it give you the Battle Member list, most of my member have no avatar icon in there because they all use custom avatar and they are not in the avatar folder (for obvious reason).

if it possible.... :D

Thank You

PS. I clear the cache and everything is good now, all the menus are working again, but I still cannot start a campaign, (well I don't know how or what the settings are suppose to be)

Burt

Please Underdog, disregard everything about the campaign. I finally got it.  :D
So you got to make a quest first, then assigned to a campaign and finally, you will get the permission available in the general permission. I already did have plenty of quests, but none of them were assigned to a campaign as when I had the game originally, campaign did not exist. It never occur to me to go to edit a quest, to find out that, there is where you turn on the campaign option. I also though that a campaign, would have been a battle between to groups of members, not a list of quests.

Thank you...

Chen Zhen

Burt,

With v1.14 (& the current 1.15-Beta) the campaigns are quests in order of level. There are a few options for changing the type of quest play. The next stable release version (& one of the upcoming v1.15 Beta's) will include some monster battles within a quest if opted.

As it is the whole current game in play is individual members pitted against each other (points & battling) from those within membergroups that have permission to play. The campaigns do have membergroup permission settings although it does not have a method of displaying the score based on an overall membergroup tally. I will add this score display (via toggle) into the next v1.15 Beta version so that membergroups pitted against each other can view that info.

Regards. 

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

NekoJonez

A suggestion for v1.15 Underdog.

Maybe you could implement a way to re-order the shop? In my forum, I added a cheap item but it appears at the end of the list. Kinda silly when you think about it. That it appears after all expensive stuff.

Twitter
My Blog

Mizari-

Underdog,

My users are wondering if it's possible to add an inventory to store bought items for use in battle or just for functionality purposes.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Mizari- on February 04, 2014, 12:50:56 PM
Underdog,

My users are wondering if it's possible to add an inventory to store bought items for use in battle or just for functionality purposes.

When you say store bought, are you speaking of the internal store in Battle?, or are you referring to the Store module similar to SMF Shop module like I have?, I'm working on several SMF Shop items to manipulate Battle in various ways...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

NekoJonez

As Mizari is a close RL friend of mine, (we work at the same website) , he literally means an inventory. But Bob Perry, what ya are talking about, can you explain a bit more?

Twitter
My Blog

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: NekoJonez on February 04, 2014, 01:21:08 PM
As Mizari is a close RL friend of mine, (we work at the same website) , he literally means an inventory. But Bob Perry, what ya are talking about, can you explain a bit more?

Sure, as you (should) know, the Battle module is compatible with the various Shop/Store modules that utilize the "credits" system of making purchases of various predefined digital "shop" items... I already have one item defined that allows members to knock another member's "Level" down a notch in the Battle module, I'm spending some time today to work on several other items such as stealing someone's attack points, etc.
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

NekoJonez

Bug report:

This mod has a messy layout in Fresh Looks theme.

Twitter
My Blog

mikejezz

How to delete this mod? I have uninstalled it yet it is still under my admin and configuration!

mikejezz

Pls help me remove this mod properly

Advertisement: