News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Event Registration Mod

Started by pftq, August 15, 2009, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exteeyou

I am willing to donate money to see this available for RC2 before March....

Tyrsson

Ok ok, guys and gals I will try to fit this in next week but I can't promise anything.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

pftq

Quote from: Uhura! on January 09, 2010, 09:29:36 PM
Quote from: Uhura! on December 08, 2009, 11:43:12 AM
This mod is awesome, it works great!

As others have mentioned, I have no confirm button.

Can you assist me with this?

Thanks a million!

Any advice on this?

There was a bug where you would never get the option to confirm.

I made a quick fix that I attached a few posts back:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=331107.msg2426792#msg2426792

Uhura!

You're sure T?

Here's what was described in that post you linked to:

QuoteAdded an extra Admin Register button that lets the admin add/delete other members from the event.  It's a bit ugly but it fills the gap for a feature I think should be there.
(what if people started signing up but you knew they weren't going??)

Also made the Admin buttons visible all the time, rather requiring the Admin to sign up (sometimes they're just managing the event and not attending).

nothing about any "confirm" button there...

Please advise.
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

exteeyou

A great addon to this mod would be the ability to link the confirm button to a specific SMF Shop related item

Example: I run an airsoft forum, so when players register for an event, they register - but if you could say link the confirm button (specific to that post/event) to a specific item in SMF Shop, so the player is then directed to buy the product (for us, pay the attendance fee) - once done and redirected back from paypal to the site, they could be "officially" confirmed.

I hope I explained that right?

ExSpirit

Tyrsson™, so will those features which ware wanted added to this mod or...? I hope you are not only making this mod for 2.0 now and letting us with 1.1.x with nothing...

For start:
- Admin/Mod being able to remove registered members
- Admin/Mod can ban specific members from being able to apply for event (for specific time maybe)
- Fields which member may need to fill (or for start at least 1 field - Comment... Only apply usually is useless)

Babalui

I would like to have an option for last minute registration. Currently, you cannot register on the day of the event.

exteeyou

Quote from: ExSpirit on January 13, 2010, 08:24:13 AM
Tyrsson™, so will those features which ware wanted added to this mod or...? I hope you are not only making this mod for 2.0 now and letting us with 1.1.x with nothing...

For start:
- Admin/Mod being able to remove registered members
- Admin/Mod can ban specific members from being able to apply for event (for specific time maybe)
- Fields which member may need to fill (or for start at least 1 field - Comment... Only apply usually is useless)

I like thie optional fields suggestion.  For our events we ask attendees prior to registering to post if they want lunch and what team they intend to play for...

pythias

I was asked to see if I could find a mod for our site just like this......lol.   But updated to SMF 1.1.11 recently and it seems it isn't for this version.  Anyway around this issue?   Or does anyone know another option?  Any help would be great.

pftq

Quote from: Uhura! on January 12, 2010, 01:46:46 PM
You're sure T?

Here's what was described in that post you linked to:

QuoteAdded an extra Admin Register button that lets the admin add/delete other members from the event.  It's a bit ugly but it fills the gap for a feature I think should be there.
(what if people started signing up but you knew they weren't going??)

Also made the Admin buttons visible all the time, rather requiring the Admin to sign up (sometimes they're just managing the event and not attending).

nothing about any "confirm" button there...

Please advise.

Yes, I made two updates to the attachment is why.

Here is the post before it:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=331107.msg2426384#msg2426384

@ExSpirit: I added an Admin Remove/Add members if you  need it here.

@pythias: The mod has a setting that restricts it to a certain version.  The edits I made here remove the restriction if you want to try (back things up first as usual).

pythias

K got it installed........but have an issue I guess.  Or maybe I am just a dummy...lol.  But I can create an event, but I do not see anywhere an option to confirm the event or such.  No new buttons or anything.  It ads the event but it just looks like a date added to the calendar.  I guess what I am asking is what do I do with it now....lol.  Must be something and I just don't understand.

I see someone just recently asked about this, but I downloaded the mod that you pointed........which is the one that says it fixed the issue.  So guessing its me doing something wrong.

pftq

You probably have a custom theme and have to modify your theme files manually.  You'll notice if you switch to default theme, the buttons show up.

pythias

It is true that I am using a theme.  Guess gotta figure out how to change that code.....lol.  I know this isn't your issue, but any idea of where I should look 1st in the code?  Or what I should change?  Not trying to take your time, sorry.

Babalui

I had similiar issue, but in my case it was up to translation files.

I found some missing strings in admin_register_event.php and I've added them to /Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php and to the translation:

after:
$txt['register_mod_toConfirm'] = 'to confirm signup.';

insert:
$txt['admin_register_event'] = 'Admin Register Event';
$txt['select_event'] = 'Select event';
$txt['reset'] = 'Reset ';
$txt['go_to_topic'] = 'Go to Topic';
$txt['reselect_group'] = 'Reselect Membergroups';
$txt['select_group'] = 'Select membergroups to ';
$txt['select_member'] = 'Select members to ';
$txt['register'] = 'Register';
$txt['unregister'] = 'Unregister';
$txt['checkall'] = 'Check All';
$txt['registered_for'] = 'Members registered for ';

I've also differed (compared) English files with translated files with Language File Compare mod. Hope this helps :)

BTW, anyone figured out how to enable last minute registration? Pretty please   ;D

pythias

It is that I am using a custom theme.  Switched to Default and it works fine......btw, super cool....lol   Just gotta teach myself a thing or two on how to do modifications so that it will work with mine.

pftq

Quote from: Babalui on January 14, 2010, 11:29:14 AM
BTW, anyone figured out how to enable last minute registration? Pretty please   ;D

Do you mean registering the day of? I had to edit the mySQL table so that it allows negative numbers. :P Then I put -1 for days allowing registering.  If you know how to get to your SMF database, remove the unsigned attribute of the daysConfirm field in the calendar table.

@pythias: Here's how to install the mod manually to your theme:
http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402

I thought that was usually linked to from the mod download page but I guess they removed it.

pythias

ok, hair in one hand here...... :o

The instructions read this....

1. Open the .xml file with any text editor and search for <file name="...">. You will find the filename in the "name" attribute.

2. Open up the specified file and look for a set of <operation>...</operation> tags. This indicates a single modification step within the specified file.

ok, the 1st one I come to is <file name="$sourcedir/Calendar.php">

I opened the calendar.php and there is no <operation> in that file.

Am I reading the instructions wrong?

pythias

I am using the AA New Damage 1.1 as the current theme if that matters. 

pythias

I think I got alittle better idea on what to do......wel maybe.   The instructions say modify any templates found after a <file name=  .    I have three then 1.Display.template.php     2.  Post.template.php    3.    Calendar.template.php     The other files that is says will be modified are Calendar.php, Modifications.english.php, index.php, Display.php & post.php.

So the 1st one is says modify is Display.template   which I began with.......but my problem started pretty much right away. I can where it is asking me to do the replacements........but the 2nd one is

<operation>
         <search position="before"><![CDATA[</li>]]></search>
         <add><![CDATA[   

There are multiple </li> callings in the script.   I attempted to just switch out the first one with what it is saying, but it just crashed the script.     If I posted the script here, could someone show me what changes need to be made?

Advertisement: