News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Release Candidate 2 Public is out!

Started by Aaron, November 08, 2009, 07:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyBandMeet

Awesome! Keep up the good work SMF. I'm updating my forum now.

H

Thanks to all our devs and testers (some of who took time out from sleeping this morning in order to push the release!) :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Colten

Yay! Ive been waiting for this. Upgrading now. Great job, and I love the new theme <3

Arantor

Quote from: Farmacija on November 09, 2009, 03:07:52 PM
I especially like this new theme, i hope it will be avaible  in SMF 2.0 final package?

Oh, it definitely will; it's the new default theme as of RC2 :)

klumy

DerEineDa

Just upgraded my forum: works great!

And THANK YOU for implementing my suggestion to use the strings of the english language files, when there is no available string in the standard language. Finally I don't have to copy the contents of english language files into the german language files to use some mods!

GurusForum.com

Thanks SMF. This is great news.

How do I upgrade my forum with this new verison?
Join The Community Of The Professionals
http://gurusforum.com

Free Online Article Directory
http://gurusarticles.com

Arantor

Please see: Upgrading SMF

Note that you will have to find a new theme in most cases and many mods have not yet been updated.

Smith6612

Just finished installing the new Release Candidate! Thanks for the update guys, liking the new theme and I do see some speed improvements with MySQL.

easyrider77

That's great news !! congrats guys !! 
SMF  1.1.11 / Joomla 1.5.20  /default theme

gbsothere

Just read through this thread and hope I didn't miss it, but I'll risk asking:  I'm sure 2.0 adds additional tables than currently exist in 1.1.10, but does it also rename or do away with any of the existing 1.1.10 tables?  I'm hoping to attempt a "smooth move" when the time comes (first, with some test site experimentation and mod re-vamping and some overnight sleight of hand) but I'm hoping to avoid any last minute surprises by asking about the tables.

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Arantor

IIRC, it adds 22 new tables and rewrites the structure of the remaining ones - every table will become altered to some degree.

It will manage the changes it needs to make itself, though it can't deal with any tables mods have added.

Yahmez

Great Job!! I can't wait to get this version running, after I update some mods that is.

I JaR oF JaM I

This is the most delicious news I've heard in a LONG time!!   Good job!   =)
Death smiles at us all... All we can do is smile back.

gbsothere

Quote from: Arantor on November 09, 2009, 05:29:33 PM
IIRC, it adds 22 new tables and rewrites the structure of the remaining ones - every table will become altered to some degree.

It will manage the changes it needs to make itself, though it can't deal with any tables mods have added.

Thanks, Arantor, good to know!   

"Forum Maintenance" mode for me, when the time comes, then, to avoid those pesky "What's wrong with the site?" PMs.     ;)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

Arantor

The upgrade forces it into maintenance level 2 anyway where not even the admin can otherwise log in...

gbsothere

Quote from: Arantor on November 09, 2009, 06:17:46 PM
The upgrade forces it into maintenance level 2 anyway where not even the admin can otherwise log in...

Ah....  I'd better head on over to my 1.1.10 test site, then, and try out the upgrade to see what the magic word is to get back in.  These things are good to know, ahead of time.   :D   

Arantor

Just to clarify, there are three levels of 'maintenance'. 0 = no maintenance, 1 = forum in maintenance mode that you select, 2 = full lockdown.

When the update begins, it's dropped into level 2 so that nothing outside the upgrade process can do anything. When it completes successfully, it's returned to level 0 as normal.

gbsothere

Quote from: Arantor on November 09, 2009, 06:25:36 PM
Just to clarify, there are three levels of 'maintenance'. 0 = no maintenance, 1 = forum in maintenance mode that you select, 2 = full lockdown.

When the update begins, it's dropped into level 2 so that nothing outside the upgrade process can do anything. When it completes successfully, it's returned to level 0 as normal.

I'm glad I stopped back by to see this.  I'm breathing normally, again.   ;)   Thanks. 

DarkAngel612

it is great to see a new version of an already great software...do you know i it will be compatible with Tiny Portal or will that come with your final version?
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Advertisement: