News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Multiple Forum Mod

Started by Avail, November 24, 2009, 09:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingkingston

Quote from: Abu Fahim Ismail on December 04, 2009, 08:01:50 PM
Any live site using this mod? I want to see and evaluate before testing it.

here
http://www.wewantsport.com

up top under "forums"

The Great OZ

So I love the idea of this mod and would be awesome to use,  but I get an error with the Sources/Admin.php file,  the second edit isnt there, or at least the code before the edit isnt there.  I was gonna put it in manually if I could find it but it just doesnt exist.  Any Ideas?

Arantor

The Great OZ: What version of SMF?

The Great OZ

Arantor

And what other mods do you have?

DJBoddington

OMG just want it needed, i currently run 3 sites...but all the 3 sites share the same forum but now they dont need to!

Cheers for the great mod :D

Arantor

Technically they would still share the same forum, it just wouldn't look like it.

The Great OZ

well I went a little crazy with the mods,  but here is what I have:

Admin Notepad     
Thumbnail Topic Mod    
SimplePortal    
RulesOnPost    
SMF Media Gallery
SA Affiliates    
SA Shop    0.3 RC1
Global Headers Footers    
Signature Image Rotator    
Highslide Image Viewer    
FlashChat Integration    
Hack's Park Shoutbox    
Favicon       
Reason For Editing Mod    
Reflect BBCODE    
Karma Buttons    
PM to New Members
Custom Copyright    
Book of Unknown Action    
Annoy User    
Users Online Today    
Contact Page    
MessagePreviewOnHover
Thank-O-Matic

Arantor

Hmm, several of those add to the admin files if I remember rightly. Not sure, without going through most of them manually, which would be the one to work on.

DJBoddington

Quote from: Arantor on December 05, 2009, 02:50:15 PM
Technically they would still share the same forum, it just wouldn't look like it.

ye true :P I couldn't word it right :P..but yea :D

The Great OZ

so I just need to go through the mods I installed and look to see what was changed in my admin file,  and that should point me in the right direction,  maybe?

Arantor

That's the general thing - that's all I'd do were I looking into this.

The Great OZ

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction,  its the flashchat integration mod,  it replaced the line that this mod was looking for.

Edit: Ok so I did the maual edit to get the code in the right spot,  but now it is giveing me another error when trying to install it,  This is the error,  I did look and categories is there in the database,

Table 'name.smf_{db_prefix}categories' doesn't exist
File: /home/content/s/3/c/Name/html/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 14

Avail

Quote from: The Great OZ on December 05, 2009, 08:28:34 PM
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction,  its the flashchat integration mod,  it replaced the line that this mod was looking for.

Edit: Ok so I did the maual edit to get the code in the right spot,  but now it is giveing me another error when trying to install it,  This is the error,  I did look and categories is there in the database,

Table 'name.smf_{db_prefix}categories' doesn't exist
File: /home/content/s/3/c/Name/html/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 14

Well, I don't know why that error is happening. Either way, you should be able to manually make the database changes. Append a column to the categories table with the following  properties:

name: forumid
type: TINYINT(4)
null: not null
default: 0

That will make the necessary changes, but I don't know if it will get rid of the installation error. Assuming the error is being thrown when trying to make the changes, and not when checking the table, maybe it will work. Any other input anyone?

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I have few requests.

1. Can the future production of this mod allows admin to set different category to different Twitter / FB (wall or group)? I am looking to implement this together with Multiple Forum Mod which creates a forum out from a category.

2. Can the future production of this mod also allows admin to permit members to link their own created topic(s) created to Twitter / FB (wall or group)? This will help promoting the forum very much.

I hope they can be implemented. Thank you for a great mod.

FireDitto

Okay, can I have some instructions on how to do this, besides just "Place this code into the following file: administration/index.php"

Because, you know, I did that. Only, all I'm getting is a blank page and that obviously isn't what I want. At all.

Very frustrated. Still trying to figure it out, but help would be greatly appreciated.
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

FireDitto

I figured out what the problem is; now trying to figure out how to fix it:

URL should be: hxxp://mysite.net/OOC/index.php?action=lala
URL is: hxxp://mysite.net/OOC/OOC/index.php?action=lala

How do I fix this... and why is it doing it? o_O

EDIT: also, is there a way to avoid having to log in every time a new forum is loaded? At current I can't access the new ones, because of the bizarre URL hitch. I can't log in.... But is there a way to do it so if you're logged in to ONE of them, you're logged into all of them?

Hoodie

Quote from: FireDitto on December 07, 2009, 01:31:23 AM

EDIT: also, is there a way to avoid having to log in every time a new forum is loaded? At current I can't access the new ones, because of the bizarre URL hitch. I can't log in.... But is there a way to do it so if you're logged in to ONE of them, you're logged into all of them?

When creating a new sub-forum under ACP, you copy the code it gives you after creation..  You create a new index.php and put it in the folder on your host..  And it should be fine..

The logged in comes from the cookie..  This is currently setup to provide a random cookie per sub-forum..  Change $cookiename = 'SMFCookie123'; to whatever you have at index.php?action=admin;area=serversettings;sa=cookie on your forum..  That should do the trick..

FireDitto

Quote from: Automotive Nation on December 07, 2009, 10:58:15 PM

When creating a new sub-forum under ACP, you copy the code it gives you after creation..  You create a new index.php and put it in the folder on your host..  And it should be fine..

That's what I did. But it's still giving me the double up in the URL.

QuoteThe logged in comes from the cookie..  This is currently setup to provide a random cookie per sub-forum..  Change $cookiename = 'SMFCookie123'; to whatever you have at index.php?action=admin;area=serversettings;sa=cookie on your forum..  That should do the trick..

That worked for it, so I am at least logged in when I get a page loaded... but again; it's still doing the double up in the URL, so every time I refresh a page, it inserts the repeat and brings up a page that says

"Page not found

The page you are looking for might have been removed,
had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:
If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

- Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.
- Use a search engine like Google to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found"

Obviously because of the faulty URL.

Hoodie

Quote from: FireDitto on December 08, 2009, 06:25:54 AM
Quote from: Automotive Nation on December 07, 2009, 10:58:15 PM

That's what I did. But it's still giving me the double up in the URL.

When putting into your ACP, are you using the full address (hxxp://mysite.net/OOC) or just OOC?

Advertisement: