News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Simple ImageShack (latest release: v3.1.3)

Started by Rik©, June 03, 2005, 02:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik©

Quote from: LondonDragon on May 07, 2010, 03:06:44 AM
Thanks for the update :)

Now everytime I try to upload an image I get this error:

Oops, something went wrong
(XML return failed)

Click here to try again
Any ideas? Thanks
Are you trying to upload a .png file?
I'm also getting the error, but only while uploading .png files.
Try to upload a .jpg file and see if it works.

-Rik©

LondonDragon

Quote from: Rik© on May 07, 2010, 04:43:38 AM
-Rik©
Hi Rik,

Thanks for the quick response, doesn't matter which file type I try I get the same error.

Cheers

Rik©

Quote from: LondonDragon on May 07, 2010, 05:02:43 AM
-Rik©
Hi Rik,

Thanks for the quick response, doesn't matter which file type I try I get the same error.

Cheers
Any errors in the (forum) log?

ProfDrDenis

I have an other problem  :'( after a upload I use this for to put in the editor:

[img height=533 width=800]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7108/crw5675.jpg[/img]

when I us my own webspace I have this:

[img height=533 width=800]http://blog.afrikafrika.de/autoindex/download/CRW_5675.jpg[/img]

but highslide is with imageshack not working its only a clickable pic open in the browser

with my own webspace pic its working..

any idea? The user are crying

LondonDragon

Rik©

Quote from: ProfDrDenis on May 07, 2010, 05:15:31 AM
I have an other problem  :'( after a upload I use this for to put in the editor:

[img height=533 width=800]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7108/crw5675.jpg[/img]

when I us my own webspace I have this:

[img height=533 width=800]http://blog.afrikafrika.de/autoindex/download/CRW_5675.jpg[/img]

but highslide is with imageshack not working its only a clickable pic open in the browser

with my own webspace pic its working..

any idea? The user are crying
You mean Highslide JS?

Rik©

Quote from: ProfDrDenis on May 07, 2010, 06:42:03 AM
Quote from: Rik© on May 07, 2010, 05:27:33 AM
You mean Highslide JS?

yep, but exactly this mod
Does Highslide work with other 'external' images?
eg
[img width=100]http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/organic/Button120_4H.jpg[/img]

-Rik©

Rik©

Quote from: LondonDragon on May 07, 2010, 05:26:30 AM
Quote from: Rik© on May 07, 2010, 05:10:23 AM
No errors on the log.
I'm having trouble with .png files myself.
But i'll have a closer look later....

- Rik©

* Rik© celebrates his birthday  8)

LondonDragon

Quote from: Rik© on May 07, 2010, 07:16:32 AM
I'm having trouble with .png files myself.
But i'll have a closer look later....

- Rik©

* Rik© celebrates his birthday  8)

Many thanks and Happy Birthday ;)

Arantor

ProfDrDenis

Quote from: Rik© on May 07, 2010, 06:52:28 AM
Does Highslide work with other 'external' images?

yes Mr. birthday man. Let us know on which place is the party

aw06

Happy Birthday Dude  8)

Was about the install the new update being seeing as errors/ bugs are reported, i will hold off abit , the previous version, also cannot upload .png
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Rik©

Thanks guys  ;D

Quote from: aw06 on May 07, 2010, 08:15:35 AM
Was about the install the new update being seeing as errors/ bugs are reported, i will hold off abit , the previous version, also cannot upload .png
If you don't have any problems with the missing comma bug you can wait till i have fixed the .png issue.
Besides .png files it also affects bitmap images (.bmp).
Has something to do with PHP/CURL not allowing to set a content type for the uploaded file...
So first i'll concentrate on fixing this issue, then i'll look at the others...

-Rik©

aw06

Trying to remember, the version for 1.1.11 can upload all formats right?
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

vroum

Hey Rik©, Happy birthday mate & best wishes !   :-*(at last the opportunity to use this one)

The dude who couldn't get the mod to upload any pic might have a web host that doesn't support the CURL extention... the first time I've observed that "XML return failed" message was on a test website hosted on a byethost free account that has NO support for CURL (which is only available for paid users)...so check your php_info()...for the png thing i have no idea !

BTW, just did the tests with SIS3.0.1 on smf 1.1.11 & it uploads jpg&gif but png returns the "XML return failed" error.
EDIT:
I am not able to upload any image format on with SIS3.0.4 on smf 1.1.11 & my php_info() says that cURL support is enabled :( when i want to uninstall SIS3.0.4 it warns me about an error & i see a failed test:
           Type                             Action                                  Description
2.     Apply mod    ./Sources/ModSettings.php     Test failed

the previous was translated from french & I want to insist on the fact that the install went fine with no errors & at the unistall the previous error shows up (in SIS3.0.4) this was on a "clean" forum that had no previous version of SIS installed.

Ok, installed SIS3.0.1 after removing 3.0.4 & it can't upload anything so it might be a server side problem maybe because of .htaccess prepend & postpend turned off but i'm not sure yet.

Man some wierd things are happening since SIS3.02...at the install it asks for FTP details when everything is 777 & now in SIS3.0.4 it shows an error at the uninstall...are you sure you skipped all the quotes(apostrophs) i had mistakenly left in the French translation ? because the wierd things coincide with that bug fix.

My 2cents,
Vroum.

aw06

Yeah, just check my 1.1.11 and no png as well ...  :-[ Rik we going to need a fix soon.. manual for 1.1.11 as had to do custom edits..

Rik©

Thanks vroum.

Not sure why you get uninstall errors with v3.0.4 on a clean SMF 1.1.11.
When i uninstall v3.0.4 @ SimpleTweaks.info i don't get any.....

The 'unable to upload .png/.bmp' issue affects v3.0.x AND v3.1.x since they both use the original xmlapi.
ImageShack.us must have changed the way they process the uploaded files recently.
Bot no worries, i'll start coding SIS v3.2.0 today.

-Rik©

vroum

You're welcome !

BTW, I've seen a little attached script named something like "cURL test.php" but i can't find it anymore, if you could reattach it and add a link to it on the SIS installation screen(you know where it says "requires PHP extension CURL") it'd be really cool.

Thanks !
Vroum.

rostamiani

Quote from: Rik© on May 07, 2010, 05:10:23 AM
Quote from: LondonDragon on May 07, 2010, 05:02:43 AM
-Rik©
Hi Rik,

Cheers

I have this error too :D
and there is no errors in the log

Advertisement: