News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

1.1 Converters

Started by Grudge, June 15, 2005, 04:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexandre P.

PhpBB 2.0.16 to SMF 1.1 B3P

I've been reported problems on 2 conversions (on 2 different installations):

- For the first one, the problem is:
Converting ranks... Successful.
Converting groups... Successful.
Converting members... Successful.
Converting additional member groups... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Unsuccessful!
This query:
INSERT INTO `user5648a1`.smf_topics
(ID_TOPIC, isSticky, ID_FIRST_MSG, ID_LAST_MSG, ID_MEMBER_STARTED, ID_MEMBER_UPDATED, ID_BOARD, ID_POLL, locked, numReplies, numViews)
VALUES ('870', '0', '7727', '7788', '21', '39', '1', '', '0', '12', '65'),
('869', '0', '7723', '7974', '13', '4', '1', '', '0', '28', '239'),
('868', '0', '7712', '7752', '63', '63', '1', '', '0', '6', '51'),
('7', '0', '17', '29', '2', '2', '1', '', '0', '2', '45'),
('8', '0', '18', '21', '3', '3', '2', '', '0', '2', '29'),
('867', '0', '7709', '7722', '21', '21', '1', '', '0', '1', '31'),
('866', '0', '7708', '7747', '21', '8', '1', '', '0', '2', '30'),

('515', '0', '5564', '5568', '4', '11', '1', '', '0', '3', '28'),
('516', '0', '5566', '5573', '4', '15', '1', '', '0', '1', '28'),
('517', '0', '5569', '5570', '4', '11', '1', '', '0', '1', '25'),
('518', '0', '5574', '5658', '18', '39', '1', '', '0', '1', '62'),
('545', '0', '5685', '6040', '15', '2', '1', '', '0', '4', '47'),
('520', '0', '5576', '5576', '21', '21', '5', '', '0', '0', '27');
Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '0-1' for key 2

- For the second conversion, the error reported was:
Unknown column 'pm_email_notify' in 'field list'

Also, it appears that the internal links in posts are not converted so the links would link to posts in SMF.  Is there a way to correct this (by a SQL query) ?
Aucun support par M.P., courriel ou messagerie instantanée / No support by P.M., email or I.M.

[Unknown]

Are you entirely sure you're converting to SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public (and SMF is working perfectly) and that you are using the latest version of the converter?

-[Unknown]

Alexandre P.

Both asked for help on July 17th, and the converters were last updated the 16th.  It may be possible they have an old version of the convertor.  I'll look at it.  And I'll look at their SMF version.
Aucun support par M.P., courriel ou messagerie instantanée / No support by P.M., email or I.M.

[Unknown]

Ohmer

Hello,

I tried the PunBB 1.2.5 convertor, but it doesn't work.  It cannot converts all my members.  I tried with and without ?debug=0.

Duplicate entry '571' for key 1

Also, the "Try again" button is useless, it tries to re-insert all rows without truncate the table or delete previous rows before.

[Unknown]

Quote from: Ohmer on July 25, 2005, 06:55:48 PM
I tried the PunBB 1.2.5 convertor, but it doesn't work.  It cannot converts all my members.  I tried with and without ?debug=0.

Is the forum live?  Are there multiple members with the same ID?  What's the full error message?

-[Unknown]

Ohmer

Quote from: [Unknown] on July 25, 2005, 07:52:04 PM

Is the forum live?  Are there multiple members with the same ID?  What's the full error message?

-[Unknown]

Nop, there is just one member with this ID. 

Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:

INSERT INTO `iquotesfr`.smf_members

(ID_MEMBER, memberName, dateRegistered, posts, ID_GROUP, usertitle, lastLogin, passwd, realName, location, emailAddress, websiteTitle, websiteUrl, AIM, ICQ, signature, YIM, MSN, hideEmail, timeOffset, memberIP)

VALUES ('571', 'Coline', '1104785198', '0', '0', '', '0', 'thecryptedpassword', 'Coline', '', 'removed@email', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '1', '0', '0.0.0.0'),

('572', 'Inikisha', '1104864767', '0', '0', '', '0', 'thecryptedpassword', 'Inikisha', '', 'removed@email', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '1', '0', '0.0.0.0'),
[...]
Caused the error:

Ohmer

Humm.. I edited the ID for this user (571->9999) and it still bug at the same user :(.

I think you convert the members table in multiples parts.  True ?  If yes, I think you try to re-insert the last row of the first part in first to the second part (I hope you understand what I say :))

wing

Bug in yabb to smf converter

line 2341 

if (trim($tring) == 'TRUNCATE ' . $GLOBALS['to_prefix'] . 'attachments')
removeAllAttachments();

Should be "$string"  not "$tring

I've been using this converter as my sample to create a discus converter and have been banging my head for days because of this LOL

I should have been using the 1.0 converter........... oh well.

Ohmer

Any solutions for my punbb convertor problem ?

[darksteel]

where I found the converter.php to convert XOOPS. I have the sql, but the php not.

Luis "[darksteel]" Alvarado.
Spanish Support
¿Qué es el repair_settings?
No doy soporte por PM, publica tu duda en el foro y tendras respuestas mas rapidas.
My forum:
www.caamboard.com

[Unknown]

Quote from: Ohmer on July 26, 2005, 12:27:11 AM
Humm.. I edited the ID for this user (571->9999) and it still bug at the same user :(.

I think you convert the members table in multiples parts.  True ?  If yes, I think you try to re-insert the last row of the first part in first to the second part (I hope you understand what I say :))

Definitely not.  If this was so, none of the converters would work.

If you're willing to either give me a database backup, or let me test it on your server, I can probably find out what the problem is.  If it's always this user, that limits it down.  Still, it will only try to reinsert a row if the primary key on the table is broken, or people are registering while it is converting.

Quote from: [darksteel] on July 28, 2005, 07:54:45 PM
where I found the converter.php to convert XOOPS. I have the sql, but the php not.

Please read the instructions.

With the new style converters you need to upload both converter.php (sic) AND the relevant SQL file to your forum directory and execute.

-[Unknown]

Ohmer

I made a "REPAIR" of my users table and everything worked fine :).

Vaidy

Hi, I tried converting phpbb 2.0.17 to the smf 1.1 beta.

I did manage to convert it, but I am unable to re-login as the administrator! :(. Also, the member list has not been carried over to the smf.

I got this as a message during the conversion:

Converting groups... successful.
Converting members... successful.
Converting additional member groups... successful.
Converting categories... successful.
Converting boards... successful.
Converting topics... successful.
Converting messages... (this may take some time) successful.
Converting polls... successful.
Converting poll options... successful.
Converting previous poll votes... successful.
Converting personal messages... successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... successful.
Converting topic notifications... successful.
Converting board access... successful.
Converting group access permissions... successful.
Copying avatar image files... successful.
Converting censored words... successful.
Converting reserved names... successful.
Converting ban list... successful.
Converting misc settings... successful.
Recalculating forum statistics...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /www/n/notpanzcom/htdocs/smf/phpbb2_to_smf.php on line 2300

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /www/n/notpanzcom/htdocs/smf/phpbb2_to_smf.php on line 2305
successful.

Where do I upload the php_to_smf.sql file? should this be uploaded to the folder where all my smf files are stored?

Please help!!

davo88

QuoteWhere do I upload the php_to_smf.sql file? should this be uploaded to the folder where all my smf files are stored?

Yes.

[Unknown]

Quote from: Vaidy on August 02, 2005, 07:01:04 AM
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /www/n/notpanzcom/htdocs/smf/phpbb2_to_smf.php on line

You're using the old converter.  You want convert.php and phpbb2_to_smf.sql to be uploaded, and you want to access convert.php.  Delete phpbb2_to_smf.php, it's not useful at all for 1.1.

-[Unknown]

Vaidy

Oh! ok. But I just downloaded the converter yesterday! I will check again! Thanks.

Vaidy

Amazing! It works!!

Thanks.

Celtland

I just ran the 1.1 converter on a set of 2.0.17 forums twice.  All avatars converted perfectly.  I received this same error message both times:

Converting attachment mod (if installed)...
Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in /home/modstoth/public_html/smf_convertfrom_phpbb/convert.php(548) : eval()'d code on line 56
Error in convert script phpbb2_to_smf on line 971!
Successful.

I checked the attachments folder and it only contains avatar files.  No attachments converted.

Also, all regular groups and post-counted ranks converted successfully.  All non-postcounted ranks did not transfer over.  This one goes much faster than the 1.0 does!  :)
Is maith an scáthán súil carad.

A friends eye is a good mirror.

[Unknown]

I've updated all the converters to the latest versions.  For the record, that makes 31 converters ;).

Quote from: Celtland on August 03, 2005, 02:48:37 PM
Also, all regular groups and post-counted ranks converted successfully.  All non-postcounted ranks did not transfer over.  This one goes much faster than the 1.0 does!  :)

Forgive my ignorance; I don't know much about phpBB.  What is the difference between a "regular group" and a "non-postcounted rank"?

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: