News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

1.1 Converters

Started by Grudge, June 15, 2005, 04:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Unknown]

Quote from: gh0stw4lk3r on August 05, 2005, 04:05:12 AM
still no luck on my site :(

it keeps giving me errors on duplicate entry's

If it gives them even with a disabled forum, it may mean something is wrong with phpBB or with the converter.  Would you be willing to give me (temporary) FTP access?

Quote from: Jay T on August 05, 2005, 03:56:19 PM
    Unknown column 'pm_email_notify' in 'field list'

This converter is only for converting to SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public and above, not for SMF 1.0.x.

-[Unknown]

Jay T

OK, the conversion stopped here. Looks like it has something to do with a  phpbb modification I had.

REPLACE INTO `legends_smf`.smf_settings
    (variable, value)
    VALUES ('cash_disable_spam_message', 'Quit spamming so damn much and this wouldn't happen. You will have to wait 3hrs to start receiving gold for your posts.');

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 't happen. You will have to wait 3hrs to start receiving gold for

Also, the memberlist show all the members but the total says only 1. Do they have to login in for it to actually acknowledge them?

[Unknown]

That shouldn't be happening.  It shouldn't even be running that query.

But, you can try the attached.... which should work around it.

-[Unknown]

Jay T

That solved it.

Thanks [unknown].

Klauser

Hello,

since November 2002 I am using phpBB2 with the MOD´s which having SMF on Board ( Calendar, Notify Forum, Last XX Topics on Index, Attachment and and and ) Yesterday I saw SMF and was thinking to leave phpBB2, because the last security Problems and with my MODs I have now not much time to hardcoded line per line the fixes. Ok, long words short sense - Today I convert my whole Board 2.0.17 to SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public..... what I should say .. I need 3 installations but now after 13 hours work all is running fine. BUT, I have problems with the Attachments. I see only a link inside the posting of the attachment. If i click on it, I could dowload it but the Image is not showing inside the posting as an Image. If I upload a new picture, I see it without problems. No, I am not using Thumbnails ..... I disable under Admin the show inline function and enable it again, but nothing. So what I making wrong ? I am using the default Theme and also try to switch to classic, but no help. The user rights should not be the problem, because I am the Admin of the Board. I noticed also the link inside the text posting is :

domain.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1123.0;attach=742
if I click on it, I must download it

If I take a look from the Admin Panel and click on the File it shows me
domain.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1123.0;id=742
and opens in the browser

Is this possible the problem ?

No forget it, the new Image which I upload and is showing fine as an Image inside the text having the same syntax...
domain.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1136.0;attach=749

Regards

[Unknown]

Try uploading the upgrade.php and upgrade_1-1.sql files from the upgrade zip file, and running the upgrade.  This may solve that issue for you - please tell me if it does.

-[Unknown]

Klauser

- STRIKE -

Thank you very much, now all the pictures are showing up -- jesus what a marathon convert day .. but now - I am a proud User of SMF ;)

Regards

defensieforum

Is it possible to use the YabbSE_to_SMF converter twice?  I have tried te converter first to be able to continue finishing the new layout with SMF, but the old forum has been running during that time (about 2 days). To get the latest messages and new members i have to use the converter again. But is this possible? Or will this give trobble??

Defensieforum - Ezine -- www.defensieforum.nl
Powered by SMF

Chelle

Okay, I'm trying to convert my board which is actually the bbtonuke [ported phpbb V2.0.17].  I looked at the pupnuke sql and it seemed that it would go to the right tables for my board, ran the converter and it skips every INSERT/REPLACE/UPDATE/DELETE for my smf tables...bascially any query to alter my smf tables is skipped.

Any suggestions on how to convert?  I tried the phpbb sql just to see if it would work, however it doesn't..I get the 'Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.' 

I think that's because it's ported to integrate with nuke.  The tables for smf and nuke are in the same database.

EDIT: D'oh! Apologies, I just now spotted the php thread....sheesh...
Disclaimer: The above post may contain elements of cheekiness.

My eccentricity has nothing to do with my stabilization

[Unknown]

Quote from: defensieforum on August 10, 2005, 06:14:44 AM
Is it possible to use the YabbSE_to_SMF converter twice?  I have tried te converter first to be able to continue finishing the new layout with SMF, but the old forum has been running during that time (about 2 days). To get the latest messages and new members i have to use the converter again. But is this possible? Or will this give trobble??

No, it's perfectly fine to run the converters a second time.

Quote from: Chelle on August 10, 2005, 12:11:14 PM
Okay, I'm trying to convert my board which is actually the bbtonuke [ported phpbb V2.0.17].  I looked at the pupnuke sql and it seemed that it would go to the right tables for my board, ran the converter and it skips every INSERT/REPLACE/UPDATE/DELETE for my smf tables...bascially any query to alter my smf tables is skipped.

Does it say "skipping"?  Are you sure you're using the latest version?

-[Unknown]

Chelle

Unknown: wow, quick response  :D  It says this:

Database query: (skipped)

And that for every query that aims to modify my smf tables.   DLed the version in the first post..date 3 Aug..i didn't see any updated nuke sql files in the back pages of this thread or the phpnuke thread I just spotted.

Also there are these warnings as well:

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): 11 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/donnie6/public_html/dymb/convert.php on line 649

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): 11 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/donnie6/public_html/dymb/convert.php on line 684
Disclaimer: The above post may contain elements of cheekiness.

My eccentricity has nothing to do with my stabilization

Tomer

vbulletin3 = > SMF Converter not working correctly. It screws up with errors on the converting avatars part.

- Tomer

CMDR-ZOD

Converting topics... Unsuccessful!
This query:

INSERT INTO `v030320`.smf_topics
    (ID_TOPIC, isSticky, ID_FIRST_MSG, ID_LAST_MSG, ID_MEMBER_STARTED, ID_MEMBER_UPDATED, ID_BOARD, ID_POLL, locked, numReplies, numViews)
    VALUES ('3601', '0', '45265', '45457', '1505', '1505', '3', '', '1', '17', '364'),
    ('3602', '0', '45270', '45761', '257', '1046', '3', '', '0', '18', '372'),
    ('3603', '0', '45276', '45510', '738', '738', '2', '', '0', '4', '218'),
    ('3604', '0', '45277', '45300', '4', '3', '5', '', '0', '1', '5'),
    ('3605', '0', '45286', '45513', '4', '211', '5', '', '0', '2', '7'),
('3983', '0', '51968', '52409', '1194', '820', '2', '', '0', '25', '436'),
('3984', '0', '51988', '53767', '623', '623', '2', '38', '0', '133', '1475'),
('3984', '0', '51988', '53767', '623', '623', '2', '39', '0', '133', '1475'),
('3985', '0', '51992', '53624', '1805', '300', '30', '', '0', '9', '163'),
     ('4109', '0', '54466', '59654', '1787', '1670', '10', '', '0', '2', '222'),
    ('4110', '0', '54473', '54507', '1397', '300', '2', '', '0', '4', '157');

Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '3984' for key 1

I get also duplicate entry error while trying to convert from phpbb2 2.0.16 to smf 1.1 pb3. Converter downloaded just 2 days ago and never before if you want to ask whether it may be an old version or not.
greetings
CMDR-ZOD

[Unknown]

Quote from: Chelle on August 10, 2005, 12:23:20 PM
Unknown: wow, quick response  :D  It says this:

Database query: (skipped)

You are definitely using a very old version of the convert.php file.

Quote from: Tomer on August 10, 2005, 01:17:28 PM
vbulletin3 = > SMF Converter not working correctly. It screws up with errors on the converting avatars part.

- Tomer

Works fine for me and has worked for others.  Are you certain you are using a recent convert.php *and* vbulletin3_to_smf.sql file?  Both have been updated more than once.  If so, post the errors.

It may just be missing avatars.

Quote from: CMDR-ZOD on August 10, 2005, 10:23:41 PM
Duplicate entry '3984' for key 1

Did you lock the forum while converting?  Is it the same number every time?

-[Unknown]

CMDR-ZOD

Wheter I lock the Forum or not it makes no difference (tried both) and the post id is always the same. With MySQLAdmin i didnt found this post twice which should be impossible anyway because it is a auto increment integer column and set as primary key. What bothers me is that not many but some posts outputed in the query list arent sorted after id. 3489, 3490, 6391, 3491 (as example)
greetings
CMDR-ZOD

[Unknown]

How's the attached one, then?

-[Unknown]

CMDR-ZOD

Works perfect for the posts... but the polls are corrupted the same way the posts were before.

Converting polls options... Unsuccessful!
This query:

INSERT INTO `v030320`.smf_poll_choices
    (ID_POLL, ID_CHOICE, label, votes)
    VALUES ('1', '1', 'Dorilys', '2'),
    ('1', '2', 'HSINC', '6'),
    ('1', '3', 'Khaindhar', '2'),
    ('1', '4', 'litterman', '1'),
('37', '4', 'Opera', '14'),
('38', '1', 'Ja habe ich! 3€ für eine gute Sache kann ich erübrigen...', '0'),
('38', '2', 'Ja ich werde es gleich machen...', '0'),
('38', '1', 'Ja habe ich! 3€ für eine gute Sache kann ich erübrigen...', '0'),
('39', '1', 'Ja habe ich! 3€ für eine gute Sache kann ich erübrigen...', '0'),
('39', '2', 'Ja ich werde es gleich machen...', '0'),
('39', '3', 'Nein, ich bin zu geizig 3€ im Monat zu verschenken...', '0'),
('39', '4', 'Mir scheiss egal ob die Tiger aussterben...', '0'),
     ('109', '2', 'Nö das nich aber ihr seit ja JKA, da is das scho ok', '30'),
    ('109', '3', 'Wird echt Zeit das auch mal da was unternommen wird (nich immer nur bei anderen)', '64'),
    ('110', '1', 'Ja !', '73');

Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '38-1' for key 1
greetings
CMDR-ZOD

[Unknown]

How can that work properly on phpBB's side?

I'd personally try this query:

ALTER IGNORE TABLE phpbb_vote_results
ADD UNIQUE INDEX vote_option (vote_id, vote_option_id);

Which should make the conversion work properly *and* fix some broken things.

But, whatever.  Here, use this one.

-[Unknown]

CMDR-ZOD

I dont know but in the vote table there realy were the entrys duplicated. Now it is the same with the vote result table.

Converting polls...Successful.
Converting polls options...Successful.
Converting polls options... Unsuccessful!
This query:

INSERT INTO `v030320`.smf_log_polls
    (ID_POLL, ID_MEMBER)
    VALUES ('10', '291'),
    ('7', '291'),
    ('10', '175'),
    ('8', '-1'),
    ('8', '-1'),
     ('18', '621'),
    ('18', '16'),
    ('18', '323');

Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '8-0-0' for key 1
greetings
CMDR-ZOD

[Unknown]

Why aren't they using unique/primary keys?

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: