News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

青山 素子

Maybe, maybe not. If you create a test user and provide the login details in a PM, I'll try to find some time today to do a quick test post and see if maybe it's something easy. The account should be a normal user account for right now.

Also, please make sure to read this: A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

PatriciaRobinett

motoko, i sent 2 PMs - i THINK.  but if you didn't receive them, then please let me know.  thanks.

and thanks SO MUCH for your kind offer of help.

vbgamer45

I already use the S.A.V.E as the name of the mod
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

KensonPlays

青山 素子

I think I found part of the problem with PatriciaRobinett's board. BBCode parsing isn't working, so that whole section looks to be bypassed, which would also include the embedding.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

vbgamer45

Thanks for looking into issue. Good to know that is not caused by this mod. Is it caused by another mod that you can see.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

PatriciaRobinett

hi, motoko & vbgamer.  THANK YOU.

if i switch on all the BBC codes, will that fix the problem?
or is there more to it?  sorry i'm so clueless. 
and thank you SO much for your help.
i didn't mean to distress you with my questions. 
does wisiwig need to be enabled? 

what all in SMF is essential to be 'on' for this mod to work?

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

PatriciaRobinett

thank you, motoko & vbgamer! 
i went back and switched all the options ON
and i don't know which of them fixed it, but
S.A.V.E. WORKS NOW!!!!!!!!! 

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! 

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Another video support update.

+Added support for blogdumpsvideo.com
+Added support for reuters
+Added support for MarketNewsVideo
+Added support for Clipsyndicate
+Added support for NyTimes

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

PatriciaRobinett

it was working but it doesn't seem to 'stick' if i modify the post.  is it supposed to slip out of the post when i am not looking?  ???  anybody else have that happen? 

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

PatriciaRobinett

yes, i made a post with the video link - it seemed to work fine. 
the post also had some text & links at the bottom to books. 
when i would 'modify' the post, the video link would just DISAPPEAR.  ??? 
it just fell down a sink hole.  ??????
and it happened repeatedly. 
i'm afraid to announce it to my friends, for fear it will not be there when they look.
any ideas?

vbgamer45

Not seeing on my test site for SMF 1.1.x when i click modify or do the inline modify actoin

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

TeeJay

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 09, 2010, 10:56:40 PM
Plan to add more sites as time goes open to suggestions!

Photobucket would be good if possible

;)

Here's an example url:
http://s1012.photobucket.com/albums/af246/AXOR36/?action=view&current=Lakedistrict094.mp4

Exochat

Excellent Mod. Simple and to the point, true plug and play.

I used to use Aeva Media but found that it became too complex offering too much in one package and after a while I downgraded to an earlier version of that mod that was simpler, but that eventually got replaced with this Mod and it works perfect so far.

If you are looking for more sites to add to the list, although I am not interested in it for my particular site, there may be a market for adult videos sites such as sites beginning with the letter P and have Tube or Hub at the end. There are literally dozens and dozens of those sort of sites and all offer embed functionality with their videos. There may be a few adult forums that would love to be able to use that simple post and play functionality.

Just an idea anyway. And look at it this way, you will be enjoying your development work in a whole new light ;)

青山 素子

Quote from: Exochat on August 21, 2010, 07:45:43 PM
If you are looking for more sites to add to the list, although I am not interested in it for my particular site, there may be a market for adult videos sites such as sites beginning with the letter P and have Tube or Hub at the end. There are literally dozens and dozens of those sort of sites and all offer embed functionality with their videos. There may be a few adult forums that would love to be able to use that simple post and play functionality.

That won't fly on the official customization site. No adult material is allowed. It's fine if it's on other sites, however.
Motoko-chan

vbgamer45

Yeah I wouldn't add adult sites to the package on SMF.org if I did make one or someone wanted me to make one I would have it hosted elsewhere.

Other than that I am open to any video/media/audio site that should be added to the mod.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: