Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glasso

dreadk

Would there be any particular reason why embedding does not seem to work with internet explorer?

e.g   http://www.exphryl.com/bf/index.php?topic=2.0

Test site with no current mods installed and just the curve theme to illustrate it better. (Wasn't sure if some mods were doing it on the main site so tried ths one)

Works fine in Chrome/Firefox. Not so much IE :(

Did a search of this topic and didn't come up with anything.

vbgamer45

There shouldn't be anything that would stop it. What version of IE and what video site?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

dreadk

For the sake of that example, IE9 with a Youtube Video (since it's the most widely used)

While yeah, it's IE and all, but want to be a stickler for the people not living in the current century of browsers.

Edit: I also added a metacafe one

Seems like the entire object id doesn't load with IE for some reason.

willsteele

Hi,
I just upgraded from 2.02 to 2.04 and after installation my site was visually messed up and this was at the very top....

Quote// Begin Auto Embed Media Pro Text Strings $txt['mediapro_admin'] = 'Simple Audio Video Embedder'; $txt['mediapro_settings'] = 'Settings'; $txt['mediapro_save_settings'] = 'Save Settings'; $txt['mediapro_err_cache'] = 'Cache folder not writable must fix for performance!'; // END Auto Embed Media Pro Text Strings

I uninstalled it and went back to the version I had before but got the same results.  I have now uninstalled everything and am back to normal but without this mod.  Any ideas?  We need this mod...  its great.  Thanks for any help.

vbgamer45

Open themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php
Find

// Begin Auto Embed Media Pro Text Strings $txt['mediapro_admin'] = 'Simple Audio Video Embedder'; $txt['mediapro_settings'] = 'Settings'; $txt['mediapro_save_settings'] = 'Save Settings'; $txt['mediapro_err_cache'] = 'Cache folder not writable must fix for performance!'; // END Auto Embed Media Pro Text Strings

And move it before ?>
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

willsteele

well that was easy!    Thanks so much.  I appreciate the help.  LOVE this mod.  Thanks.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

diks13

Hello!
Tell please, whether work with hxxp:hulkshare.com [nonactive] is planned?
Please help to add hxxp:hulkshare.com/6krxezc522yy [nonactive] as to me it to make?
Thanks you big!

Excuse for my English.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

searchgr

diks13

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 20, 2011, 04:35:31 PM
Yes I can add it is hulkshare a music only site?
Add please hulkshare.
Users add audio url, opportunity to listen to their happy.
I make changes to SimpleAudioVideoEmbedder2.0.4?

DaleM

Quote from: searchgr on December 21, 2011, 01:07:21 AM
Another one youtube short url that cannot be embedded.

http://youtu.be/-9kxI_UrP_s [nofollow]

Unless you upgraded to the lastest version (I believe vbgamer fixed this), there is an issue with short YouTube URL's with a dash - in them. See this post.

luuuciano

Talking about forum performance...
A forum with all the SAVE video sites on, will be more slow than one with just 1 (youtube, just to give an extreme example)?
It is a server side or a browser side thing?
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

vbgamer45

It will be little slower but should not be noticeable I have all my sites enabled with all the sites on.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

teos55

Having TED videos on the list would be great ..   w w w. t e d. com

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

searchgr

Quote from: DaleM on December 21, 2011, 09:45:30 AM
Quote from: searchgr on December 21, 2011, 01:07:21 AM
Another one youtube short url that cannot be embedded.

http://youtu.be/-9kxI_UrP_s

Unless you upgraded to the lastest version (I believe vbgamer fixed this), there is an issue with short YouTube URL's with a dash - in them. See this post.

Thank you.

ApplianceJunk

For some reason all my youtube videos stopped showing up in our post. There is just a large space were the video you to be in the topic.

when I look at my setting it says...

Your Version: 2.0.1 Latest Version: 2.0.4 Your Simple Audio Video Embedder version is not up to date!

I would like to update to see if that solves the problem. Do I have to uninstall the old version first?

Thanks,

Edited to add:

The youtube videos not showing up seem to have been a browser problem. Was using Safari, noticed in FF and Chrome the videos showed up fine. Restarted Safari and the videos showed up again.

Would still like to know how to upgrade and if the upgrade is for anything other then adding more video option, thanks.

Advertisement: