RHTAMI - Remove Hot Topic And Message Icons (Fully Hook!)

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, August 20, 2010, 04:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I am in the process of updating this mod and few others. Since there is various critics, I need to make sure it works well before I release a new updates.

BellGab.com

Quote from: ahrasis on July 17, 2011, 11:06:54 PM
Since there is various critics, I need to make sure it works well before I release a new updates.
understood.  just don't let anyone discourage you.  i'm very appreciative of your work, brother.

Done. I have double checked and tested this mod on all version from 1.1.11 to 1.1.14 and 2 RC3 to 2.0 Gold. I hope it is working the same for all of you. Revert to me if anything is wrong, nicely ;)

BellGab.com

Quote from: ahrasis on July 18, 2011, 02:01:15 AM
Done. I have double checked and tested this mod on all version from 1.1.11 to 1.1.14 and 2 RC3 to 2.0 Gold. I hope it is working the same for all of you. Revert to me if anything is wrong, nicely ;)
hi.

i installed the updated version on 2.0 gold, and the installation is failing in:

./Themes/default/Post.template.php

i am using crip's "BR Finale" theme.  any suggestions?

thanks,
michael
CoastGab.com

As noted earlier, it won't work across themes. Thus, manual edit is needed in such a case.
Quote from: Bloc on February 17, 2011, 12:45:04 PM
Yes, np. :) The reason I asked was that I am thinking of this as an option in my themes.

But of course, it won't work across themes.

If you want, you can attached your Post.template.php here.

Nickhead

Quote from: Nickhead on July 06, 2011, 02:44:22 AM
im running 1.1.14

tried emulating 12, but i get errors on both file edits.

mind you i as well parsed the files, but could not find the text that needed edited.

probably due to the fact i have made a ton of edits to my default theme.

so i have attached both files that need edited,

and was hoping someone would be so gracious to point out the edits i need to make

or are even willing to make the changes themselves?

thank you in advance.

^^^^^^^^

;D

.Org, .Net, .Com

Quote from: Nickhead on July 18, 2011, 11:39:28 PM
Quote from: Nickhead on July 06, 2011, 02:44:22 AM
im running 1.1.14

tried emulating 12, but i get errors on both file edits.

mind you i as well parsed the files, but could not find the text that needed edited.

probably due to the fact i have made a ton of edits to my default theme.

so i have attached both files that need edited,

and was hoping someone would be so gracious to point out the edits i need to make

or are even willing to make the changes themselves?

thank you in advance.

^^^^^^^^

;D
Please try the new release first.

Nickhead

did that before the post.

my issue is the number of mod edits ive made, this mod cannot find the correct text to edit.

.Org, .Net, .Com

BellGab.com

Quote from: Nickhead on July 19, 2011, 04:12:55 PM

my issue is the number of mod edits ive made, this mod cannot find the correct text to edit.

I guess you just have to do manual modifications and go through line by line then. Good luck!

BellGab.com

Quote from: ahrasis on July 21, 2011, 11:36:31 PM
Quote from: CoastGab.com on July 19, 2011, 06:18:53 PM
Quote from: ahrasis on July 18, 2011, 10:00:08 PM
here you go.  thanks.
Try this one.
that worked.  i really appreciate it.  i'm sending you a donation.

do u have a donation button anywhere?

If you want you can attach the respected files like CoastGab. But do try the latest version first.

Quote from: Snorge on January 03, 2011, 04:09:42 AM
This mod only works for the default theme.  Can you add support for all themes?
If you use SMF 2.0x, you can choose to install on other themes and see whether it can install. If it can't you can always revert here with the respective files.

Quote from: CoastGab.com on July 26, 2011, 08:22:58 PM
Quote from: ahrasis on July 21, 2011, 11:36:31 PM
Quote from: CoastGab.com on July 19, 2011, 06:18:53 PM
Quote from: ahrasis on July 18, 2011, 10:00:08 PM
here you go.  thanks.
Try this one.
that worked.  i really appreciate it.  i'm sending you a donation.

do u have a donation button anywhere?
Great. And I don't need the donation, really. But do donate to SMF instead. Here is the link: http://www.simplemachines.org/contribute/donate.php

Quote from: Sirenism on February 18, 2011, 02:12:07 PM
I found that if I didn't apply the MOD to any themes just the default that it worked fine. :)

Quote from: abraamz on February 20, 2011, 07:28:54 AM
useful mod
In my forum it doesnt remove the icon from title. In a next version maybe you can update this also.
please look at the attachment
Try the latest version.

Nickhead

Quote from: ahrasis on July 27, 2011, 01:52:20 AM

If you want you can attach the respected files like CoastGab. But do try the latest version first.

its in the original link of my quote, i didnt want to double post it.

.Org, .Net, .Com

Quote from: Nickhead on July 27, 2011, 02:55:00 AM
Quote from: ahrasis on July 27, 2011, 01:52:20 AM

its in the original link of my quote, i didnt want to double post it.
Have you try the latest version yet? If you didn't, try it first. If still not working, revert to me again. I'll try to manually modify your files.

Nickhead

.Org, .Net, .Com

MiY4Gi

Mm, I installed the Message Icons mod, but something went wrong. At first it worked, then I refreshed the page again, and kaboom! The message icon reappeared, and it's column was huge, and all the other columns were messed up. Then I "reverse installed" it, by attempting to uninstall it, but adding the code that the uninstaller will remove - in other words, I made the changes that the uninstaller would un-make.

So I got it working, but I reckon the problem was caused by the installer package.

Great mod by the way. Now I just gotta figure out how to remove the message icon from PortaMx.
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

Advertisement: