News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Candidate 4 and SMF 1.1.12 have been released

Started by Norv, November 01, 2010, 02:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4LP3RUZ1

thank you so much for fixing the poll remove function in 1.1 default theme, it was driving me crazy :)
Frozen frogs are back :(

bloc

The "call_integrate_function" inside templates..how do you actually use them for mods or custom theme needs?

Is it enough to supply a function called "integrate_display_buttons" yourself, which then adds your buttons to the supplied array - or do you actually call a internal SMF function named "integrate_display_buttons"? Or is it just a hook to a $modSettings entry, which has the actual function to execute, adding the buttons? (which would make more sense since several mods could define their own "integrate_display_buttons" functions at the same time. :P )

If thats so, then I wonder if its possible to let *themes* add their button function hooks too, added to $modSettings array in the template_init() function? 

Oya

Paolo Bitta

small update files from main download page have 0 bytes size  ???

Linda.V

Thanks SMF-team, I'll update my forum as soon as possible  ;)

bloc

Quote from: Oya on November 03, 2010, 06:14:30 AM
see subs.php, add_integrate_hook...
Already seen it. It would be good with some proper documentation though.

Oya

well all the hooks have always just had variables in $modsettings that get called at the right time

rc4 seems to have extended it by making the hooks support multiple functions (yay! makes my life easier for the one forum i look after) but the best doc is the source itself

Forum Labs

Premium Support & Services for SMF

SleePy

Quote from: Bloc on November 03, 2010, 06:13:00 AM
The "call_integrate_function" inside templates..how do you actually use them for mods or custom theme needs?

Is it enough to supply a function called "integrate_display_buttons" yourself, which then adds your buttons to the supplied array - or do you actually call a internal SMF function named "integrate_display_buttons"? Or is it just a hook to a $modSettings entry, which has the actual function to execute, adding the buttons? (which would make more sense since several mods could define their own "integrate_display_buttons" functions at the same time. :P )

If thats so, then I wonder if its possible to let *themes* add their button function hooks too, added to $modSettings array in the template_init() function?

Bloc,
Basically its like this:
$modSettings['integrate_display_buttons'][] = 'your_custom_function_name';

Of course, its best to use the proper functions to append that variable and let it get updated in the settings table so it will continue to exist. (ie add_integration_function('integrate_display_buttons', 'your_custom_function_name'); ).  Classes and methods are also supported.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Cal O'Shaw

I do hate to be a bother, but it would be terribly reassuring if someone from SMF even ACKNOWLEDGED that a number of us SMF 1.1.11 sites can't install the 1.1.12 fix!

Hello?

Norv

Cal O'Shaw,
I cannot replicate the problem and it should not happen...

Can you please try then from the Packages area, instead of Administration Center, if it still doesn't?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

青山 素子

Quote from: Cal O'Shaw on November 03, 2010, 02:21:03 PM
I do hate to be a bother, but it would be terribly reassuring if someone from SMF even ACKNOWLEDGED that a number of us SMF 1.1.11 sites can't install the 1.1.12 fix!

I couldn't replicate on my one remaining production 1.1 site. Link from the main page of the administration area worked. I did get prompted for FTP info as permissions needed some changes.

Server is running RHEL 5.5 x86_64 with Plesk 9.5.2. Apache HTTPd is 2.2.3 and PHP is 5.1.6.

If installing the package file directly instead of relying on the server to download does not work, please provide details of your configuration in a topic in the 1.x support board.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Cal O'Shaw

I downloaded SMF_1-1-12_update.zip to my desktop.  Then used Package Manager to upload it.  The following things were displayed:

The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.

I have the MOD installed that shows errors up in the header (errors at top v1.1) and it says on the page 791 errors were encountered.

And other 1.1.11 sites have reported this problem in this topic.

Norv

Quote from: Cal O'Shaw on November 03, 2010, 02:42:11 PM
I downloaded SMF_1-1-12_update.zip to my desktop.  Then used Package Manager to upload it.

The "update" package is not supposed to be used from package manager.
It is a package which should be used by uploading ALL files contained in it, overwriting your forum files. That will overwrite mods too, and you should not use it unless you have good reasons to.

If you wish to update through package manager, please do use the patch found here:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/
Or, you can see on the Downloads page, the link to the left, to "Package manager updates". Those, and only those, are supposed to be used through Package manager.

The downloads site is currently pending an little refreshed look and explanations, which should prevent such misunderstandings in the future. There were many of them in the past, the whole naming scheme and usage of packages has a couple of confusing aspects. :)
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Most of the time you don't even need to download anything, simply following the links in the admin panel will do :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Cal O'Shaw

@Norv, just tried it.  Same result.  File corrupted.

@LexArma, I know.  I've used the link at least a dozen times for our site.

Advertisement: