News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Forum Firewall

Started by butchs, January 15, 2011, 11:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex' Manson

Quote from: butchs on September 29, 2011, 07:40:03 PM
Whenever In make a major change I end up fixing minor bugs from obscure servers.  Right now, I am swamped (working long hours) with the job that pays my bills.  When I get some time I will look into it.
:)

*Waits Patiently* :)

butchs

No guarantee as to what I will do but nothing will change until after November.  For now the mod works and has been bug free for a while.

Things I am considering for the winter programming session:

• Bad Behavior &  Forum Firewall - Make an optional customizable warning page with configurable human passage.
  • Forum Firewall - A newly discovered method to detect and block good bot spoofers.
  • Forum Firewall - Look at mobile proxies.  The mobile proxies are badly written and as far as I am concerned a major security risk for anyone using them.  I think it is foolish to have personal information on a smart phone and access the internet through a badly written proxy.  They should access the internet from a secure computer.  I do not have a smart phone (this is why I gave away my smart phone switcher mod) so if anyone has mobile proxy design info please PM me.
  • Bad Behavior - Investigate SMF 1.1.x random db errors.

Maybe I should make a poll to establish a priority list?  That is, if I could!   :(
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Phi1ip

I wonder if someone could help me out please?  I have used this mod before without any problems but after another problem, which meant completely starting the forum from scratch, I am now getting this message:

"The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
Requested URL: /smf/index.php?action=admin;area=forumfirewall;save;sa=settings"

Unlike my previous experience I had to FTP upload the mod into a sub folder of Packages (because the PM told me the package was empty), but the Package Manager picked up the mod and installed it without any error messages.

Thanks in advance for helping me out.   

T3CHN0

Have you check yous logs for errors
have you checked your install with the install parser make sure all strings are entered correctly
are all the files for the mod in there correct install location
now that it's installed have you tryed to uninstall then re-install
Quote(because the PM told me the package was empty)
happens to me sometimes as well, but fixed by picking the correct 'Emulate Version'

Phi1ip

Thank you for the response T3chno. Answer was "Looks like the problem was that the mod is triggering a security setting on the server which is denying it from running."

Out of curiosity how do I pick the correct "Emulate Version"?  I had originally installed from the listed file on the Package Manager.

T3CHN0

HI go to [Package Manager] look down the bottom of the page and click on [Advanced]
(Emulate Version:) change it to what you need it to be to install your mod.

5p00f3r

I get The following code over my forum header (over the logo)

// ForumFirewall Start $txt['permissionname_forumfirewall_goodgroup'] = 'Forum Firewall Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_forumfirewall_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from the Forum Firewall bandwidth check. This group will not to be tested for Forum Firewall DOS attempts.'; // ForumFirewall End

butchs

Your installation is not correct.  If you have a custom theme try a manual installation.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

DragoN_PT

MiY4Gi

Quote from: DragoN_SAMP on October 29, 2011, 09:45:17 AM
The "http://www.eastcoastrollingthunder.com/" is part of the copyright?

Yes, that's Butchs's website. That link is the copyright of Forum Firewall.
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

DragoN_PT

Ok. Several pages before I saw himm say something like "your are free to remove it" but I wanted to make sure.

MiY4Gi

Huh, where does he say that?
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

butchs

Incorrect.  Read the about in the admin section of the mod.

DragoN_PT

Quote from: butchs on April 22, 2011, 06:03:06 PM
Quote from: DarkBlizz on April 22, 2011, 12:41:20 PM
outa curiousity why is the link "Protected by Forum Firewall" linked to http://www.eastcoastrollingthunder.com o.O??
You can remove it, look at the Forum Firewall about for more info on how to do it.

Page 18.. Maybe I understod it wrong.. But its ok. Just wanted to check..

Were you talking about the 10 usd donation when you refered that?

^SITS^

When I download the zip file, it downloads a file called "ForumFirewall"  no numbers and not with a zip file extension.  Am I crazy?

butchs

The file is fine here.  It must be something on your end.

Alex' Manson

Quote from: ^SITS^ on October 30, 2011, 06:57:16 AM
When I download the zip file, it downloads a file called "ForumFirewall"  no numbers and not with a zip file extension.  Am I crazy?

Something is wrong when your PC saves it.
After downloading it, add the .zip extension and try it , it might work!

^SITS^

Thanks.  Got it. :)

What the heck are MAGIC_QUOTES?  I get a security warning when I try to enable the mod.

ETA:  Did some research and found out a little about them.  What is the easiest way to turn them off?

MiY4Gi

Apparently only your website host can turn magic quotes off.

T3CHN0

Quote from: Sisko Punk on November 05, 2011, 12:38:49 PM
Quote from: ^SITS^ on October 30, 2011, 06:57:16 AM

Something is wrong when your PC saves it.
After downloading it, add the .zip extension and try it , it might work!
this happens because FireFox7 doesn't except download names on SMF with spaces
forum firewall.zip will download as forum and no extensions. simply add the .zip your self..
if the download was called forum_firewall.zip then the problem would not happen

Advertisement: