News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Tabbed smileys

Started by emanuele, January 15, 2011, 02:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrizzleFried

Quote from: emanuele on March 29, 2012, 05:33:10 AM
Now that I think about it: use the "beta" version.
That inherit the Curve aspect. You can set it to "Only smileys in tabs" and it will be exactly the same as the current one, but with nice rounded edges...I hope. :P

Unfortunately not... still square... but I just posted the solution.

emanuele

ohh...that's because it's still beta "b", while I changed it in beta "c" that is the one I'm using on my test install...wondering if beta c works fine or not...don't remember...

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

FrizzleFried

Is your solution more elegant?  Willing to shoot over beta C?  :)

Thanks!

emanuele

Something like the attached picture.

I'll try to workout something in the next few days (at least put a license) and release it somehow. ;)

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

Done. The new (beta) version is available.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

FrizzleFried

May I ask the different between version 3.99b and 3.99d aside from the rounded corners?   I ask as I assume I will lose my tabs if I uninstall "b" and install "d"...and if the changes are only the rounded corners I've already taken care of that.

Thanks!

emanuele

Quote from: FrizzleFried on March 29, 2012, 04:41:50 PM
I ask as I assume I will lose my tabs if I uninstall "b" and install "d"
As far as I know your assumption is wrong. ;)

Quote from: FrizzleFried on March 29, 2012, 04:41:50 PM
May I ask the different between version 3.99b and 3.99d aside from the rounded corners?
Honestly I don't remember... lol

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

irishgal1971

I successfully uploaded the mod with no errors and got the tabs named and smiles placed the way I want them. I then went to look at the post screen and I got a bunch of empty boxes under the tabbed area. Is there any way to get rid of them?

I included a screenshot with the boxes in between the parentheses I drew.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  ;D

Christine

emanuele

Hello irishgal1971 and welcome to sm.org!

This is a "common" problem (see here and here for example) due to...not sure about it, but most likely some (previous) error/problem with smiley handling.

The idea is that there are smile in the database that doesn't have a corresponding image file.
I'm not sure how this could happen (it could even be a bug in SMF...though I don't know how to replicate it).
Would be a problem for you to attach here (or send it to me somehow by PM) an export of your smf_smileys table?

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

irishgal1971

Here's my smileys table.

emanuele

Then it was not something related to the database...
* emanuele has a very bad memory...

May I ask you an account on your forum? (send me the data by pm, a simple user should be enough, if you want you can put it in a group with the permission "Manage smileys and message icons")

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

shazoo!

I wasn't getting it at first, but now I see how it works.  Thank you for this mod!!!

emanuele

Hello shazoo!,

when you are in the "set smiley order" page click on one of the smiley you want to move to another tab, then go to the very end of the list you will see the same situation represented in the picture I posted in the 1st post here. Clicking on the last arrow will create a new line for the popup and so a new tab.

Since you have 600 smiley I'd suggest you to create all the tabs you need with 1 smiley in each and then move to the "edit smiley" page, there it will be easier to move batch of smiley from a tab to another.

Hope that helps!
Good luck with the organization from scratch of 600 smiley!! :o

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

timetraveller

And I thought I was bad with 200ish *polishes halo*  ;D

shazoo!

Quote from: emanuele on April 07, 2012, 06:12:05 PM
Hello shazoo!,

when you are in the "set smiley order" page click on one of the smiley you want to move to another tab, then go to the very end of the list you will see the same situation represented in the picture I posted in the 1st post here. Clicking on the last arrow will create a new line for the popup and so a new tab.

Since you have 600 smiley I'd suggest you to create all the tabs you need with 1 smiley in each and then move to the "edit smiley" page, there it will be easier to move batch of smiley from a tab to another.

Hope that helps!
Good luck with the organization from scratch of 600 smiley!! :o
Thank you!!! I'm doing it 50 at a time.  I LOVE THIS MOD!!

shazoo!

Is 16 rows the most I can do? I need 21

Nevermind, I consolidated :)

emanuele

I can't see any limit (apart from the database one that should be...don't know 128 or 255 or something like that), you should be able to add more than 16 lines (I arrived at 18 to test).

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

shazoo!

Quote from: emanuele on April 08, 2012, 07:00:36 PM
I can't see any limit (apart from the database one that should be...don't know 128 or 255 or something like that), you should be able to add more than 16 lines (I arrived at 18 to test).

I was able to ADD the rows, but the line never came up allowing me to name it, and it didn't show on the board.
It's ok, though, 21 tabs is pretty excessive in hindsight, so I just combined my tabs.

neoxes

Hi, I've a problem with this mod because it's hiding my shoutbox in tinyportal. I fixed editing css in this way:
div#tab_smiley_content .tabContent {
width:100%;
overflow:auto;
padding-bottom: 10px;
}
div#tab_smiley_content .hide {
display: none;
}
div#tab_smiley_content .tabContent_spacer {
margin-top: 0.5em;
}

Is this correct? I'm not a ccs expert...

emanuele

Quote from: neoxes on June 29, 2012, 06:10:49 PM
Is this correct? I'm not a ccs expert...
Me neither.
If it works it's correct! :P

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: