News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Optimus

Started by Bugo, February 15, 2011, 03:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Well, for one, this mod is not designed for smf 2.1
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SaidJan

Quote from: Kindred on August 06, 2017, 03:05:41 PM
Well, for one, this mod is not designed for smf 2.1
Ok, NP.
I thought it's compatible as it says in Modification section of the site.

Kindred

hmmm.... it does say that, doesn't it?   Bugo must have made a update or mistakenly clicked 2.1 when he meant 2.0.14

but it would require some changes since I believe we may have removed WAP from the 2.1 codebase
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bugo

Quote from: SaidJan on August 06, 2017, 02:59:10 PM
Sometimes, I get this error with SMF 2.1 beta 3. How to fix it?

8: Undefined variable: mobile_type
file: .../Sources/Subs-Optimus.php
Line: 466

==>466:            'wap'      => $scripturl . '/?' . $mobile_type,
Thanks, I fixed it on GitHub (develop branch)

SaidJan

Thank you.
I think you missed ?> at the end of both files.

Bugo

It's not required :)

boyanova6

I can not activate this option. Please help.

Bugo

This option is visible if there is sitemap.xml on the forum's root.

boyanova6

It works. Thanks for the reply!

Parmaster

Is this really the correct robots.txt?

Because in the Google Console I see the message that Google has no access to my site because of the second  Disallow: /

User-agent: MediaPartners-Google
Allow: /

User-agent: *
Allow: /*.xml
Allow: /*sitemap
Allow: /*.css
Allow: /*.js
Allow: /*.png
Allow: /*.jpg
Allow: /*.gif
Disallow: /*action
Disallow: /*board=*wap
Disallow: /*board=*imode
Disallow: /*topic=*wap
Disallow: /*topic=*imode
Disallow: /*topic=*.msg
Disallow: /*topic=*.new
Disallow: /*;
Disallow: /*PHPSESSID
Allow: /*board
Allow: /*topic
Disallow: /

Sitemap: https://mydomain.tld/sitemap.xml

anidea

Hi!  I hate to be a pest, but this error started up again today.  It was resolved previously by winstar's post (change "Optimus Sitemap' to 'Sitemap' in languages), and nothing changed about the forum (that I know of/within my control) so I don't really understand what might've suddenly happened.  It is only generated when I am on the site, under my admin username.  Also I don't have the sitemap option enabled, and don't know where it can be found.

BTW my site has been 2.0.14 for months (since shortly after it was available).

If anyone could point me in a direction to fixing this, I'd be very grateful.

Quote from: anidea on November 13, 2016, 02:53:38 PM
Hi All,

I just installed this mod on my site (2.0.12) and I keep getting this error.  Is anyone familiar with it and can help make it go away?  It generates a ton of errors at a time... (and I just noted the language error above me, is it the same thing?)

http://ragdollsunited.com/smf/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc
8: Undefined index: optimus_sitemap_title
File: /home/public/smf/Sources/Admin-Optimus.php
Line: 42

Thanks!  :)

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: anidea on October 21, 2017, 04:39:01 PM
Hi!  I hate to be a pest, but this error started up again today.  It was resolved previously by winstar's post (change "Optimus Sitemap' to 'Sitemap' in languages), and nothing changed about the forum (that I know of/within my control) so I don't really understand what might've suddenly happened.  It is only generated when I am on the site, under my admin username.  Also I don't have the sitemap option enabled, and don't know where it can be found.

BTW my site has been 2.0.14 for months (since shortly after it was available).

If anyone could point me in a direction to fixing this, I'd be very grateful.

Quote from: anidea on November 13, 2016, 02:53:38 PM
Hi All,

I just installed this mod on my site (2.0.12) and I keep getting this error.  Is anyone familiar with it and can help make it go away?  It generates a ton of errors at a time... (and I just noted the language error above me, is it the same thing?)

http://ragdollsunited.com/smf/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc

Thanks!  :)

If you start at the beginning of this thread and read each post carefully you may find that somewhere along the line the file sitemap.xml got deleted, OR your language files did not install correctly, I've had experience with the latter in this module when installing on 2.1, which as Kindred stated this module needs to be updated for 2.1... its a fair module for what it does, but requires custom edits to install on 2.1, but you are on 2.0.14 yes? same issue maybe, check that the language files got installed correctly... because back when I was messing with this one there was a whole missing menu item because of the language files, simple fix though...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

anidea

Quote from: Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting on October 21, 2017, 05:38:13 PM
If you start at the beginning of this thread and read each post carefully you may find that somewhere along the line the file sitemap.xml got deleted, OR your language files did not install correctly, I've had experience with the latter in this module when installing on 2.1, which as Kindred stated this module needs to be updated for 2.1... its a fair module for what it does, but requires custom edits to install on 2.1, but you are on 2.0.14 yes? same issue maybe, check that the language files got installed correctly... because back when I was messing with this one there was a whole missing menu item because of the language files, simple fix though...

Thanks for the hint, it certainly sounds similar to my problem, BUT...

I went through 21 pages of discussion and didn't find anything addressing how to fix it.  A lot of work and no result :(  (and yes, I did uninstall and reinstall, which was the only thing I saw.)

If anyone can point me to something more concrete, I would really appreciate it.

Quote from: anidea on October 21, 2017, 06:55:00 PM
Quote from: Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting on October 21, 2017, 05:38:13 PM

Thanks for the hint, it certainly sounds similar to my problem, BUT...

I went through 21 pages of discussion and didn't find anything addressing how to fix it.  A lot of work and no result :(  (and yes, I did uninstall and reinstall, which was the only thing I saw.)

If anyone can point me to something more concrete, I would really appreciate it.

Oops, what I meant to say is that you should start at the top of this page of the thread, not meaning to suggestion the entire thread...

At any rate, so what you are saying is that you have physically checked and that sitemap.xml file does indeed exist in the root directory of the forum?

The error msg that you cited indicates to me initially that a manual edit of your language files will fix this, IF that file does indeed exist where it is suppose to be... especially if the module was working okay beforehand...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

anidea

Quote from: Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting on October 21, 2017, 07:05:05 PM

Oops, what I meant to say is that you should start at the top of this page of the thread, not meaning to suggestion the entire thread...

At any rate, so what you are saying is that you have physically checked and that sitemap.xml file does indeed exist in the root directory of the forum?

The error msg that you cited indicates to me initially that a manual edit of your language files will fix this, IF that file does indeed exist where it is suppose to be... especially if the module was working okay beforehand...

I'm still confused.

I made a txt document and renamed it to sitemap.xml and uploaded it to smf.  Didn't fix it.

I'm not sure what I should do.  If there's a manual edit of my language files needed, how do I find what/where to edit? 

On the other hand, if something was supposed to happen that didn't, shouldn't there be a reason *why* something didn't happen as predicted?  I checked the zip file for the mod, and there is no sitemap.xml in there.  What creates this file?  When?  And if it was supposed to happen on install, why didn't that happen?  'Cause obviously something is broken.  Re-install did not fix it.

BTW, that screenshot that Boyanova6 posted above?  I don't have anything looking like that in the mod.  There is nothing referencing sitemaps *at all* in any of the mod settings.  When I look through the language file, I see a whole section on creating a sitemap.xml.  Should I just delete all that?  Shouldn't that appear somewhere in the mod? 

Still confused.  :(

Yes, if you are unfamiliar with doing a manual edit, it can be confusing... been working with computers for longer than some have been alive, and they always do EXACTLY as they are told to do by the programmer, they do not make mistakes, ever... its the programmer's responsibility to account for every scenario & details of what the task at hand is doing.

Sometimes, if the forum admin has installed/re-installed several different modules, some modules change the language files and source code of the core software in a variety of ways, or are "suppose" to, but because some other module has already made changes to those files, and un-install re-install does not always fix some little quirk of the software and you must manually make the edits yourself to put things back in order...

SMF© makes that process relatively easy to spot and tells you where/what edits to make through the pre-install/uninstall test...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

anidea

So what you're saying is my only choice is to delete the entire forum and start over?

Quote from: Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting on October 21, 2017, 11:37:23 PM
SMF© makes that process relatively easy to spot and tells you where/what edits to make through the pre-install/uninstall test...

Not really, because there was never a single indication of the mod not installing properly.  Not the first time, and not when I uninstalled and reinstalled earlier today.

Unless there is some other pre-install/uninstall test that I am unaware of?

Quote from: anidea on October 21, 2017, 11:42:39 PM
So what you're saying is my only choice is to delete the entire forum and start over?

In this case, no that is not the case, if you go in and un-install Optimus, then turn around and re-install it, the pretest phase will show where and what files need to be edited... familiarize yourself with this feature of the package manager, it will save you hours of fret, confusion, and headaches if you are trying to add functionality features new or old...

The wiki section of the online manual here has vast resources for a variety of scenarios that typically happen with the SMF platform, one of the moderators can point you to the section of the manual that covers manual edits of source code...

In your case, you should be able to quickly make a minor edit to the language files which are located in the Themes/default/languages sub-directory, but first you need to determine which one(s) to edit...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

anidea

Quote from: Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting on October 21, 2017, 11:56:06 PM
In this case, no that is not the case, if you go in and un-install Optimus, then turn around and re-install it, the pretest phase will show where and what files need to be edited... familiarize yourself with this feature of the package manager, it will save you hours of fret, confusion, and headaches if you are trying to add functionality features new or old...

I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice today.  The pretest phase does not show any issues AT ALL.  That's the problem.  So what do I do next?

Installations actions for "Optimus"
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
Type   Action   Description
1.   Extract File   ./Sources/Admin-Optimus.php   Core file
2.   Extract File   ./Sources/Subs-Optimus.php   Core file
3.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/Optimus.template.php   Template file
4.   Extract Tree   ./Themes/default/languages   Language files
5.   Extract Tree   ./Themes/default/css   CSS files
6.   Adapt Database   install.php

This is followed by a quick "successful install" screen that I don't even have the chance to read it is so quick, followed by the "Base Settings" page with these options:

Base settings
Extra
Verification meta tags
Counters
File robots.txt

Nothing about sitemaps.

STill getting this error:

Quote from: Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting on October 21, 2017, 11:56:06 PM
The wiki section of the online manual here has vast resources for a variety of scenarios that typically happen with the SMF platform, one of the moderators can point you to the section of the manual that covers manual edits of source code...

In your case, you should be able to quickly make a minor edit to the language files which are located in the Themes/default/languages sub-directory, but first you need to determine which one(s) to edit...

I should also add that most of the descriptions for the code are in Russian.  While I can boast being able to utter a few Russian words/phrases, I can't read whatever the writing says in the Admin-Optimus.php file says.  I tried looking at places where "sitemap" is mentioned, but I can't find anything particularly wrong with it, other than that it doesn't work.  I'm not sure how the SMF wiki is supposed to help here... :-/  I came to the Mod thread hoping for help with the Mod, is that not what I'm supposed to do?

Okay, let me ask you this, is your forum utilizing utf-8 protocol? or no?

If it is, try replacing these two files in your Themes/default/languages directory... see attached...

Afterward you should see an additional option on the optimus admin menu regarding sitemap...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Advertisement: