News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

11x_IE8_Fix

Started by Antechinus, June 12, 2011, 10:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antechinus

Lien vers le mod

This modification (for SMF 1.1.x only) adds IE8 detection and some bugfix code for IE8's handling of textareas.

The edit to index.template.php and the copying of ie8.css will need to be done manually for all custom themes.
Some custom themes will also require additional manual edits. Please do not expect me to do these edits for you.

While I was at it, I figured I might as well update all the browser detection in 1.1.x to bring it into line with 2.0.
These latter changes will not require edits to any theme files, but it is possible that they may conflict with some other mods.

ETA: Please note that this mod is only intended to provide a legacy fix for people using IE8 on Windows XP. No guarantees are made for IE8 on Vista or Wndows 7. The stable and recommended browser for those operating systems is IE9.

Rohan_

@antechinus Thanks for making the mod but I saw the edits and I think there is no change in post.php

find
AND (t.locked = 0' . (empty($moderate_boards) ? '' : ' OR b.ID_BOARD IN (' . implode(', ', $moderate_boards) . ')') . ')') . "

replace with
AND (t.locked = 0' . (empty($moderate_boards) ? '' : ' OR b.ID_BOARD IN (' . implode(', ', $moderate_boards) . ')') . ')') . "

what is the difference between them two ?

And i cant find this code in my display.template.php

<textarea cols="75" rows="7" style="width: 95%;

And Yes I am opening Correct Files I am 100% Sure :)
Proud To Be An Indian

Rohan_

Thank you.. You did great work.. Appreciated.. But i am having problems in installing this mod.. I also tried manual editing.. See my reply in my topic about this issue
Proud To Be An Indian

Antechinus

The Display.template.php code is on Line 652 of a fresh file:

<textarea cols="75" rows="7" style="width: 95%; height: 100px;" name="message" tabindex="1"></textarea><br />

The replace happens only on that section you mentioned, while the rest of the line stays unchanged.

Re the Post.php: yes that looks to be a mistake on my part. The code is supposed to be like that, but was different in earlier versions of 1.1.x. I wasn't aware the bug fix had already been committed as I thought no more were being done for 1.1.x. So, I just copied the corrected code from another file and the current 1.1.x code from a 1.1.4 file without looking too closely. I'll update the mod to remove the Post.php stuff. Don't worry about it.

Rohan_

So What should I do now ? All my other edits are done and files are ready.

Just post.php and display.template.php left

tell me the changes to make in post.php

and what should i do with display.template.....

thanks
Proud To Be An Indian

Antechinus

Quote from: Antechinus on June 14, 2011, 06:17:46 AMI'll update the mod to remove the Post.php stuff. Don't worry about it.

Display.template.php:

Find
<textarea cols="75" rows="7" style="width: 95%; height: 100px;" name="message" tabindex="1"></textarea><br />

Replace:
<textarea cols="75" rows="7" style="' . ($context['browser']['is_ie8'] ? 'width: 635px; max-width: 95%; min-width: 95%' : 'width: 95%') . '; height: 100px;" name="message" tabindex="1"></textarea><br />

Rohan_

I can't find that code :(

I even searched for

textarea cols

and i still got nothing
Proud To Be An Indian

Antechinus

What other mods do you have installed? Any that modify the quick reply?

Rohan_

I don't know.. I have 2 year old forum... I don't remember which mod changed anything in that file :(
Proud To Be An Indian

Antechinus

Well you are going to have to come up wth some more information.

digit

I manually installed this on a heavily modified 1.1.13 forum,  and it seems to be working great.  Thanks a bunch!
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

Rohan_

what does that code for display.template.php do exactly ? is that needed ? is there any alternative ?
Proud To Be An Indian

Antechinus

What it does should be obvious. I'm not aware of any alternatives, if you want to stop IE8 having a jumpy cursor in the quick reply.

Rohan_

Proud To Be An Indian

Antechinus

What code does your Display.template.php have for the quick reply?

Rohan_

attached my file.. please check
Proud To Be An Indian

Antechinus

Mate, you're not trying very hard.

Rohan_

Sir,

What to do now :( Please help
Proud To Be An Indian

Advertisement: