[Theme] Endar - SMF 1.1 RC2

Started by Miraenda, August 01, 2005, 06:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasidog

Lmao  :D I'm not sure I've ever seen such an honour bestowed on anything. A walrus! 8) Not only that a walrus in a hat.

I'd say that give it a certain style your average walrus just doesn't have. :D Cheers!

Jazhawk

dtm.exe

Miraenda

Thanks a lot guys, I'm glad you all like it. I'm happy Angus is fine with it being released to the community as well since I think his themes are fantastic :D

katziex

I got a question...  Total Members & Latest Member thingie is not working on my forum for this template. These features are working with my other templates... I don't know what's the problem, anyone can help?  :( here's my forum   hxxp:x.banana-croc.net [nonactive]
  • hxxp:kawaiiheavens.net/forums/index.php?topic=235 [nonactive]
  • hxxp:kawaiiheavens.net/forums/index.php?topic=1654.msg32056#new [nonactive] - VOTE NOW~!
hxxp:kawaiiheavens.net [nonactive]

jasidog

Hi Katziex! :)

To be honest I don't know why that is. However I'm just going to have a look and see if i can find out why it might be. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. :)

jasidog

Ah ok I think I know why. :)

This theme, it was built for SMF 1.1 beta3 public. You're running 1.0.5  Katziex, the current stable release. I think that must be the reason.

I don't know but I'd guess there must be a way to make it work in 1.0.5.  I'll take a little look some time later today for you. :)

bloc

Probably the variable $modSettings['totalMembers'] , which in 1.0.5 is called $modSettings['memberCount'] instead. :)

jasidog

Hi again, Installed 1.0.5 and then the Endar theme to try and see if it could be fixed.

Oddly though, the stats show up for me in my 1.0.5 install and the code looks similar enough to 1.1 beta3 that it should show up I think.

So in short, I don't know why it isn't showing for you Katziex, sorry. I'll try and get another look at it tonight for you though when I have more time. :)

Edit

Thanks Bloc!  :) I'll make up a file with that change Katziex can try and use. Thing is, the block that contains the info,  it shows up for me in 1.0.5. ::)

Double edit

It shows up on Katziex's board too, I'm not thinking clearly. :D That's good then I can post a fix. Thanks Bloc! You're a star!

I looked at some of your themes to see how things were done in SMF by the way so a double thanks. :)

jasidog

Here we go Katziex.

Sorry it took so long I'm not too clever, for some reason I thought the whole stats block wasn't showing. :D

If you download the attached file and then extract it from the zip. Then upload the "boardIndex.template.php" file to -

your-SMF-install/Themes/Endar-Beta1/

Replacing the original file.

That should make the stats work, however I should warn you that because Endar wasn't designed for SMF 1.0.5 it is highly likely it will have other such problems.

Quote from: Bloc on August 09, 2005, 10:26:46 AM
Probably the variable $modSettings['totalMembers'] , which in 1.0.5 is called $modSettings['memberCount'] instead. :)

Yes that was right Bloc. :) But also anything with "$context['common_stats']" which was a new addition in beta 3 I think? I fear that probably appears in other places apart from the stats block so I don't really think folks should be running this theme on anything but beta 3.

bloc

Yes, there those too...and they exist in Boardindex (the info center), Stats ( naturally) and Index.templates (the statsbox). So if you have modified those templates, you need to change those...but also, there are other things, like javascript routines for password hashing, fetching of thumbails etc. in several templates, so it would be better to really go over for 1.0.5. Not so cheerful task, but using a good compare program helps a lot.

I do it the other way around though..develop for 1.0.5 and then update for 1.1. Unless its a theme specifically for 1.1. :)

jasidog

Well, I don't really have any intention of back porting it to 1.0.5.  It's just that Katziex was already using it on that. So I thought I should try help.

Miraenda wanted Endar made for 1.1, I guess so that it wouldn't have any problems when 1.1 hits gold. Which is fine by me as 1.1 already seems very stable.

It started life on beta 1 and there were numerous changes that had to be made even between that and Beta 3 Public. So I hate to think how much work would need to be done to make it 1.0.5 compatible.

I'm not the most energetic person so it will remain for 1.1. :D

1MileCrash

there is no reason to "Downdate" the skin just for the people running 1.0.5. This skin is worth updating to 1.1 for anyway.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

Oldiesmann

Wow. Beautiful theme! Thanks for sharing it with us :)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Trekkie101

Yeah great theme, very pretty and cool!

All your themes are great! No matter what platform, your always making great themes! Well done.

dtm.exe

Quote from: jasidog on August 09, 2005, 01:39:52 PM
Miraenda wanted Endar made for 1.1, I guess so that it wouldn't have any problems when 1.1 hits gold. Which is fine by me as 1.1 already seems very stable.

Template files in 1.1 are very likely to keep changing.

-Dan The Man

Miraenda

Personally, I didn't want the theme made for 1.0.5 as my site isn't going to be using 1.0.5 but 1.1 when I finally get it transferred from Simple Board...so there wasn't a point to have it available for 2 lines (1.0 and 1.1) when the site it was created for wouldn't be using 1.0 series heh

This is also why the title says 1.1 Beta 3 Public. :)

autumn_whispers2me

Wow!  BEAUTIFUL theme!  Too bad it only works with the beta version, right?   :-[  :'(

Ah well, Cest la vie.  Fantastic work, though!
Come to the dark side.  We have cookies!

klumy

jasidog

Quote from: autumn_whispers2me on August 11, 2005, 03:24:27 PM
Wow!  BEAUTIFUL theme!  Too bad it only works with the beta version, right?   :-[  :'(

Ah well, Cest la vie.  Fantastic work, though!

Yes, Autumn, it only works correctly with beta 3 Public.

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on August 11, 2005, 11:34:32 AM
Quote from: jasidog on August 09, 2005, 01:39:52 PM

Template files in 1.1 are very likely to keep changing.

-Dan The Man

Thanks Dan, I do realise that, they changed considerably with each beta so far. The theme will be updated to keep up on the way to 1.1 final though. Changes yet to come were one of the reasons the admin panel HTML was left untouched. Oh and laziness. :D

Thanks for the compliments folks. :)

Advertisement: